Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Garbled Screen

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Loron

Garbled Screen Empty
PostSubject: Garbled Screen   Garbled Screen Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 9:22 pm

Hi all,

I thought to reminisce a bit and log in to an old game I used to play. The operation was not entirely successful, it looked like this: Garbled Screen Anarock_nogo.

I have the most recent version (Halloween edition) from the .co.uk. I set the compatibility mode (XP service pack 3, then tried 2 when that didn't do it). I floored all the options: 640x480 resolution, no alpha, no shadows, no windows-desktop features, even grant administrative privileges. I do have a two-monitor setup, I didn't bother disabling the second monitor -- that's too much work. I'm running Windows 7. Not sure what other details you would like, if any.

Cheers

Back to top Go down
Odysseus

Odysseus

Garbled Screen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garbled Screen   Garbled Screen Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 10:26 pm

Ive never seen anything like this here before in Aranock, but the striations are standard hints at a screen error issue-one that could in theory be caused by trying a two monitor display with this game. I will let our coder/tech team comment further someone may recognise how to resolve this issue without you having to disconnect your screen set up.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Garbled Screen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garbled Screen   Garbled Screen Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:42 am

I run dual screens on Vista (not Win 7) and I do not run in compatability mode.

The most common problem I have seen is not a Vista or Win 7 issue but the graphics card.

It appears (from heresay in game and on forum) that the people who have issues have the uber over powered suped up graphics cards.

Alas I do not have one of them so I can not replicate the issue.

It may be there is an option on your graphics card to pretend that it is dumb or at least less over powered and see if that helps. It would be even better if you could flip those setting just for this game so that it does not affect any other games that you play.
Back to top Go down
Loron

Garbled Screen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garbled Screen   Garbled Screen Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 1:37 pm

I do have a new-ish GeForce GTX 460. But now I'm flying home for the holidays where there will be no such gaming. Maybe the whim will strike me again after I return Smile
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Garbled Screen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garbled Screen   Garbled Screen Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 3:15 am

If you do try it again and solve the problem, let us know and share your wisdom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Garbled Screen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garbled Screen   Garbled Screen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Garbled Screen
Page 1 of 1