Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

You know somethings wrong when...

Go down 
+7
Punchingbag
Zaraki
ultraman
Kratos
Johndave
Frosty
Star
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Star

You know somethings wrong when... Empty
PostSubject: You know somethings wrong when...   You know somethings wrong when... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 5:26 pm

No rules have been broken and someone gets banned...

Quote :
TO BE FOLLOWED SO EVERYONE ENJOYS PLAYING THE GAME

1. WHAT IS ACCEPTED
Acceptable behavior is defined as being friendly and helpful. Constructive criticisms, comments, actions and gestures are allowed. Please be careful what you say when using the public chat feature, what you might think of as a joke or satirical humor, may not be taken so by others. Be nice, friendly and likeable to your fellow players and the admin team. Do not play this game to annoy, to make trouble, or harass other players. If your behavior is deemed as being unacceptable, you will be warned and then punished accordingly if you persist.

2. WHAT IS NOT ACCEPTED
The use of derogative, ethnic, religious or social comments to ANY player or member of staff will not be tolerated. Aranock has a friendly and helpful community to which we intend on keeping. Players who openly insult or offend players and/or admin will quickly find them selves in trouble.

Please note that abuse towards our staff is a bannable offence, you won't be warned.

3. BEHAVE NICELY TO OTHERS

Some players will choose to role play as 'bad guys' and can do so within the law. However staff will step in when role play becomes obstructive to other players progress, or when it becomes offensive or turns into real life harassment. There for:

Do not use offensive language in public or private channels such as /shout or /ctells.

Cussing in /tells must stop if other person objects. Vulgar, foul, abusive and rude language will not be accepted within our community, neither will sexual innuendos, regardless of who it is directed at or by what means its delivered by (i.e. #shouts, #tells or normal talk).

Harassment of known minors will not be tolerated in any way, shape or form. These players are already vulnerable and we wish to provide them a safe environment to enjoy. Anyone caught bullying or harassing a minor will find themselves severely punished and/or banned. Anyone found making sexually inappropriate remarks to a minor will have their IP sent to their states police force with a transcript of the conversation.

The pentagram quest has a certain etiquette attached to it that you would be advised to follow. Your presence in the quest means that if you don’t pull your weight, others will have to work twice as hard. With this in mind please try to avoid going away from keyboard when in the pentagram quest. We all have times when we have to answer the door or get a phone call and this is fine, but if you know you’re going to be away for long then please recall to the temple. Staff will consider punishing a player for harassment when:

1) Anyone purposefully sits idle in the pentagram quest as a means of annoying other players.

2) Anyone purposefully blocking the route of another player be it in the pentagram quest, the labyrinth or in town quest areas, regardless of method used to do so.

3) Anyone who uses auto walk or goes away from keyboard in areas populated by monsters as a means of fighting and gaining exp without being physically present.

Players can use imaginative ways to harass others that are not covered in this rule, Staff there for retain the right to punish under this rule for violations not covered here as long as Staff can demonstrate that harassment was the sole intention at the time.

4. MISUSE OF COMMUNICATION COMMANDS
Misusing a command such as but not limited to "#shout" to impersonate or trick admin or players is forbidden. Fake shouting/fake shouts as its known will earn you punishment.

5. DO NOT MULTI-LOG
Multi-logging to power train an alternative character is forbidden (We do know when a proxy IP is being used). However, the only exception to this rule is to transfer items from one character to your alternative character. This must be done in town or clan halls. The transferring of quest items from one character to any other character is not allowed and is a bannable offence. If caught multi-logging in any quest areas such as pents or random dungeons but not limited to, you will be punished.

Spelling your own character by the use of multi-logging, regardless of where either of the alts are found is still illegal.

6. DO NOT LAG OUT OF DEATHS OR COMBAT
Do not lag out of death, pvp and clan fights or intentionally cause lag. Lagging out of an area to get spelled up is illegal, as is lagging out of any of the labs. We can tell when a player has lagged out from a connection failure and when they have purposely caused the game to crash to avoid a death in the game. Lagging out of the game under any circumstances is illegal. There is no reason to risk being punished for it. The excuse "I couldn't be bothered to walk to the tavern" is not acceptable, there are recall scrolls and a recall spell. Use them! Use of game lag to avoid being hit by NPCs or players is also misuse of the /lag command and may lead to this command being removed from the player.

Closing the game to avoid a death is also considered to be illegal.

7. QUEST HELPING

Skill quests are to be soloed or done with help by group range characters only. If you can’t group a player then you can’t go questing together.

Quest Items
Quest items are not to be traded, sold, given or blatantly dropped on the floor so that another player can take them.

Riddle answers
The riddle quests/labs are there to give players a small challenge unlike the other challenges in the game, therefore it is illegal to reveal the answers to any and all of the riddle quests/labs.

8. LEADING
Leading players through quests, outside of the 3 rank group range, is illegal. This includes the pentagram quest, tower quest and ALL other areas of the game including new areas. The only areas this rule does no apply, is in sewers, mines, black stronghold and the labs (1-13). All other areas of the game are exempt from this exclusion and come under the no leading rule. If caught, you and all those who are caught with you could be severely punished.

Leading npcs away from an area with the intent to avoid them or allow others to avoid them is deemed as an unacceptable method of game play (in pents for example). This behavior is not accepted and will be punished.

9. DO NOT BUG ABUSE
It's simple really, Don't!

Don't keep it to yourself, report it to a member of staff or email the admin team, and don't go trying to exploit it. If you're caught abusing a bug you will be stripped of whatever you gained and/or kicked from the game, or something worse, depending on the nature and severity. The sooner you report it the better, if you find a bug and fail to report it until months later you will likely be punished for bug abuse, so its very important that you report it straight away. You can do so by either #tell'ing a member of staff in the game or you can email the admin team.

Note: To tell who's a staff member and who's not, type "/who" or "#who" within the game, this will give you a list of players currently online. Players listed in Green are members of staff, players listed in gold are normal players.

10. DO NOT USE MACROS!

11. DO NOT SPAM
This includes but is not limited to fake messaging such as #tells and #shouts. Excessive use of capitals and spell cast spamming is not allowed.

12. RESPECTING OUR STAFF AND THEIR DECISIONS
If a member of staff tells you to stop something, or informs you that you are breaking a rule. You must follow their instruction. Do not argue with our staff. If you disagree with what a member of staff has said or told you to do, then please follow their instructions and then email the admin team.

Arguing with our staff will get you into even more trouble. So please don't.

13. UNIQUE WEAPONS
In order to ensure the game is fair, and all players have a chance at getting a unique item. We have restricted the number of uniques a player can own. The current limit is 2 per person not per character.

Storing uniques in clan halls or on the ground elsewhere is strictly forbidden. All uniques found in these areas will be re-distributed into the game without any warning.

14. MOST IMPORTANT ENJOY THE GAME
Please remember this is a free game, provided by the gods for your enjoyment and pleasure.

I think permanently banning Scorpion for clan sabotage is a little harsh, since there's no rules against it.

If you read the rules too, there's no rule about impersonating anyone or anything, so I think the rule book needs to be looked at by someone with power and fixed before the bans start flying around...

Really though, Scorpion doesn't deserve a permanent ban for breaking invisible rules, everything he did was completely legal. This really could have been handled better... Like a warning about which invisible rule he broke, or 2 week ban along with returning the clan to its owner like what happened since the steal apparently wasn't legitimate. Even the steal wasn't meant to be terrible, he just wanted a clan to invite everyone that didn't get clan invites since clan leaders are too snobby to invite them. (myself included I know, I know Razz)

I would hope admin can do the right thing and at least reduce the punishment for breaking invisible rules, I don't want to get permanently banned just because an admin doesn't like me.
Back to top Go down
Frosty

Frosty

PostSubject: Re: You know somethings wrong when...   You know somethings wrong when... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 6:02 pm

i agree with Star

Scorpion may not have the best history of all people, however, a permanent ban for clan sabotage bit harsh, not even written in the rules
i know its common courtesy but....

Isnt clan sabotage part of the whole clan idea?

I mean think about it, what do the RL clans do?

its a non stop story of Sabotage, and massacre....
Back to top Go down
Johndave

PostSubject: Re: You know somethings wrong when...   You know somethings wrong when... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 6:22 pm

Agreed
Back to top Go down
Kratos

PostSubject: Re: You know somethings wrong when...   You know somethings wrong when... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 7:22 pm

all i have to say is good ridance to him. the game is better off without him and the chaos he creates
Back to top Go down
ultraman

ultraman

PostSubject: Re: You know somethings wrong when...   You know somethings wrong when... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 7:30 pm

you would think, since being banned in the past for underhanded behavior he would be walking on eggshells in an attempt to to keep himself in the good graces of the admin; but that wasn't the case. So what does that tell you?
Back to top Go down
Zaraki

PostSubject: Re: You know somethings wrong when...   You know somethings wrong when... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 8:17 pm

I think he should be banned for good, he ruins the game for serveral players not just one or two and he hacked the server almost shutting it down for good, he derserves this he broke the rules once ok they let him back now he broke the rules again his fault now say goodbye if it was any other player samething would happen they gave him the chance to stop he didnt
Back to top Go down
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4f5bd14dcd147466348311
Zaraki

PostSubject: Re: You know somethings wrong when...   You know somethings wrong when... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 8:18 pm

and THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO with the clan its him saying he was LordLava to get himself into a clan to ruin another clan when LL was doing testing for clans so scoprion took advantage of it when he shouldnt have EVERYONE in this game knows not to pretend there a god to get something. The last 10 years of playing this game it has always been a rule whats done is done.. he broke the rules end of story LL made his decision

Back to top Go down
Punchingbag

Punchingbag

PostSubject: Re: You know somethings wrong when...   You know somethings wrong when... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 8:31 pm

hate leads to suffering.

Last edited by Punchingbag on Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dinin

PostSubject: Re: You know somethings wrong when...   You know somethings wrong when... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 8:37 pm

The wording of the rule could be vastly improved but rule 4 is against impersonating admin, which is why he was banned. If he did not impersonate LL to gain entrance to the clan then he wouldnt have got banned and admin would have not gotten involved. He was not banned for getting the lol associtaion disolved or for stealing any items in the ch, he got banned for impersonating a god. This is a serious offence and anyone caught should be permamently banned.
Back to top Go down
Punchingbag

Punchingbag

PostSubject: Re: You know somethings wrong when...   You know somethings wrong when... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:40 pm

A fake shout could potentially fool every single color-blind player online. Scorp fooled one player. A player who admittedly breaks rules all the time and would generate exactly zero posts if banned.

Edit: I wouldn't want Wind banned either, make em both wear pink panties & remove resist & immune from all thier alts. get creative.

Edit 2: a Helmet of Shame u can't take off. -100 everything. let the troublemakers entertain themselves in Thief's House.
Back to top Go down
Wind

PostSubject: Re: You know somethings wrong when...   You know somethings wrong when... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 10:16 pm

Punchingbag wrote:
A fake shout could potentially fool every single color-blind player online. Scorp fooled one player. A player who admittedly breaks rules all the time and would generate exactly zero posts if banned.

Edit: I wouldn't want Wind banned either, make em both wear pink panties & remove resist & immune from all thier alts. get creative.

Edit 2: a Helmet of Shame u can't take off. -100 everything. let the troublemakers entertain themselves in Thief's House.

This thread had nothing to do with me but looks like my forbearance is being tested.
Back to top Go down
Star

PostSubject: Re: You know somethings wrong when...   You know somethings wrong when... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 10:25 pm

Zaraki wrote:
and THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO with the clan its him saying he was LordLava to get himself into a clan to ruin another clan when LL was doing testing for clans so scoprion took advantage of it when he shouldnt have EVERYONE in this game knows not to pretend there a god to get something. The last 10 years of playing this game it has always been a rule whats done is done.. he broke the rules end of story LL made his decision

Sorry, but if you read the rules there was none broken.

And last I checked there was no gods named Test or have test anywhere in their name. LL already had his alt in LOL, I'm not sure why anyone would invite another and give leader without making sure it's him at least, especially under a new name.

Let's stay on topic though please, this is about an unjust punishment, not Wind or the clan I guess. (I'm not sure why it was given back if it's not about the clan)

I really don't think Scorpion is guilty of anything in this situation that would give him a permanent ban.

Ultraman wrote:
you would think, since being banned in the past for underhanded behavior he would be walking on eggshells in an attempt to to keep himself in the good graces of the admin; but that wasn't the case. So what does that tell you?

If there's a rule he's broken, you can screenshot it and send it to the admins and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to take care of it, but he's broken none here which is why I'm posting about it being unfair.
Back to top Go down
Dinin

PostSubject: Re: You know somethings wrong when...   You know somethings wrong when... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 10:48 pm

I assumed he used a communication command such as but not limited to /shout (such as /tell) to impersonate an admin...falls under ule 4. justified. Topic should be locked since it is pointless.
Back to top Go down
Punchingbag

Punchingbag

PostSubject: Re: You know somethings wrong when...   You know somethings wrong when... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 10:50 pm

Wind wrote:
This thread had nothing to do with me but looks like my forbearance is being tested.

Punchingbag wrote:
Scorp fooled one player.
Back to top Go down
Wind

PostSubject: Re: You know somethings wrong when...   You know somethings wrong when... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 10:56 pm

Punchingbag wrote:
Wind wrote:

Punchingbag wrote:
Scorp fooled one player.

Punchingbag,

please stop.

I apologize that I've handled your case in a bad way and should've handed it to the admins.

Sorry for being foolish, but I'm also a player,

I play this game to relax from RL matters and do not wish to get into any arguments like this in any forms.

Again I'm sorry,

please let me go.
Back to top Go down
Punchingbag

Punchingbag

PostSubject: Re: You know somethings wrong when...   You know somethings wrong when... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:12 pm

Wind wrote:

Punchingbag,

please stop.

I apologize that I've handled your case in a bad way and should've handed it to the admins.

But I'm also a player,

I play this game to relax from RL matters and do not wish to get into any arguments like this in any forms.

Again I'm sorry,

please let me go.

Like it or not you are tied to this situation as it is apparantly illegal to use any communication channel to fool a player. I realize I am not directly involved and this will be my last post on the matter. I'm sure you remember how I got no mercy when pleading to you.

Last edited by Punchingbag on Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Star

PostSubject: Re: You know somethings wrong when...   You know somethings wrong when... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:13 pm

Dinin wrote:
I assumed he used a communication command such as but not limited to /shout (such as /tell) to impersonate an admin...falls under ule 4. justified. Topic should be locked since it is pointless.

If this is true and there's proof of him saying he's LL, I'd like to see it. Till then we can stick to the topic of discussion which is... There needs to be a new rule added to save everyone grief, and that Scorpions permanent ban is too harsh of a punishment.
Back to top Go down
Dinin

PostSubject: Re: You know somethings wrong when...   You know somethings wrong when... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:32 pm

If i remember correctly Scorpiona nd Subzero were let back on very short leashes because of their past.....mistakes. how many serious offences does one have to commit to earn a perm ban? how many "last chances" should somone get? I agree with you that rule 4 needs to be added to in order to make it more clear but scorpion got what he deserved...again.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: You know somethings wrong when...   You know somethings wrong when... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:45 pm

Sigh! My apologies if this response is a little verbose. I am trying to make the process fairly transparent for all as it is clearly causing some people to get passionate about the events that occurred.

It appears that some people have completely missed the point and so that the controversy does not continue unabated let me spell it out clearly.

In summary
1) It was an offence (explicitly stated in the rules and also implied by normal standards behaviour)
2) The consequences of the offence were severe on those who were impacted (although I can see that those on the outside would see it as funny in a strange sort of way)
3) This is a serious offence by a repeat offender who was only conditionally allowed back after a long term ban

The banning action has nothing to do (directly) with the dissolution of the LOL clan.
I was online very shortly after LOL was dissolved and I was told (by Scorpon I think) that he has infiltrated the LOL associaton. It did not take very long to work out how he had got the clan to go into default. I think he even asked whether this should be allowed and whether the clan merchant should continue to sell build scrolls when the cash gets so low.

I was shocked at the time at what had happened. I also thought it was quite a clever clan war move to get in and do that but I had never envisiaged that the consequences could be so severe. Maybe the clan merchant does need to be changed but that is a different story.

Clan warfare is legal and clannies can get very nasty in there efforts to better others. I do not personally like this style of play but some do and it is entirely legal to raid another clan. No action was planned to be taken based on the raid.

I spoke to Ayumi and he explained what happened as he understood it. He was upset at letting his team down and all they had lost. He did not complain to me or ask me to take any action as he assumed it was his fault and his mistake.

Still no rule had apparently been broken.

It was not till later that the method of entering the clan and becoming a builder became apparrent.

Scorpion/Subzero clearly impersonated me while I was trying do some testing on clan warfare. For the purposes of avoidance doubt, I spent 4 hours scanning and copying the logs from the incident that occurred almost 3 weeks ago. I have shown the logs to all the staffers via the forum to ensure that my interpretation was not biased (because I was the one being impersonated). It is beyond all reasonable doubt that I was being impersonated and that it was effective in convincing Ayumi to allow me into the LOL clan and become a builder for testing the clan warfare changes.

So the question then is "Is impersonating an Admin an offence"?
Even if there was no rule explicitly stating this then I would have said Yes.

However on the Rule on the Website is stated.
Quote :
4. MISUSE OF COMMUNICATION COMMANDS

Misusing a command such as but not limited to "#shout" to impersonate or trick admin or players is forbidden. Fake shouting/fake shouts as its known will earn you punishment.
That seems to be fairly clear. Talking and telling are also communication commands.

So the concensus was that an offence had been committed and the discussion then changed to what should be the consequences.

The act of impersonating an admin allowed him enter to a clan and totally destroy it. This may appear to be funny to those on the outside but it was a serious consequence to those in that clan that lost everything.
This in itself makes it a serious offence.

However, even that may have been judged relatively lightly if perpetrated by a regular player.
But sentencing must take into account the history of an offender.

Scorpion/Subzero had a history of an extremely serious event in the past that came very close to closing Aranock permenantly. It took many months to recover and we lost well over half our player base. I will not reiterate the those events but the consequence was a permanent ban.

Recently they asked to be forgiven, indicated that they had changed their ways and promised not to do anything like that again.
It was clearly stated to them that there would be a zero tolerance to any offences and if they offended again then the ban would be reinstated again.

They offended again and the ban has been reinstated. The ban is indefinite although no decision has been made on whether is is permanent.

This is not about punishing clan warfare or infiltrating another clan or even about dissolving it.
This is also not about a few personality disputes that are currently raging, although I wish those involved would sort it out in a civilised manner.

This a free game. It is open to all to enjoy and is provided so that the small community can have a bit of fun when they want without the burden of the Pay to Play options. The consequence of this is that the admin are all volunteers and they don't even get a bonus at Christmas time. The amount of time taken managing a few players and investigating events like this are a huge drain on a very limited resouce.

To repeat the summary
1) It was an offence (explicitly stated in the rules and also implied by normal standards behaviour)
2) The consequences of the offence were severe on those who were impacted (although I can see that those on the outside would see it as funny in a strange sort of way)
3) This is a serious offence by a repeat offender who was only conditionally allowed back after a long term ban
Back to top Go down
Star

PostSubject: Re: You know somethings wrong when...   You know somethings wrong when... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 1:40 am

Quote :
1. WHAT IS ACCEPTED
Acceptable behavior is defined as being friendly and helpful. Constructive criticisms, comments, actions and gestures are allowed. Please be careful what you say when using the public chat feature, what you might think of as a joke or satirical humor, may not be taken so by others. Be nice, friendly and likeable to your fellow players and the admin team. Do not play this game to annoy, to make trouble, or harass other players. If your behavior is deemed as being unacceptable, you will be warned and then punished accordingly if you persist.

1. WHAT IS ACCEPTED
Acceptable behavior is defined as being satirical. Please be careful to make trouble, or harass other players. If your behavior is deemed as being friendly and helpful, you will be warned and then punished accordingly if you persist.

Just because I highlighted some words and moved them around does not mean that the real rule 1, and my rule 1 are the same thing. One I just made up, the other I didn't... If I start following my own made up rules (that are completely fine from what you're saying) we're going to have a problem... But I'm not really in the wrong if I'm just following the rules the way the gods told me to follow them right? By picking out the words that work best and put them together to fit my needs...

But really... This all could have been avoided if testing stuck to the test servers and not the main ones. Especially where clans and clan invites are involved... Name anything that needs to be tested on the main server, and I'm sure you'll have problems coming up with them. I'm just saying this for future reference, maybe there should be no testing on the main server.

As for the impersonating, Tests never said, "I am Lordlava". You even said so yourself. Since there's no god named Test or has Test anywhere in their name, I'm pretty sure we can rule out impersonating a god...

I've also had my items stolen from clan sabotage many times, I know better than anyone how starting over your collection again sucks. But it's really not impossible, and not hard at all when you have high rank characters that can get almost anywhere in the game. It's just a risk you take when you're in a clan and decide to leave stuff on the main floor for anyone to grab or the floor to reset.

But just to get back to the point, I think Scorpion shouldn't have longer than a 1 month ban for breaking the invisible rules. I'm pretty sure the only people at the moment that would disagree are the ones that have been hunted by him a bit too much and don't try anything to fight back.
Back to top Go down
Zaraki

PostSubject: Re: You know somethings wrong when...   You know somethings wrong when... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 5:34 am

What invisible rule buddy? cant u read? Lordlava just told you, no one needs to hear your love for scorpion period. You think bagging is going to change it, your lover had his chance to smarten up and he didnt. Read what LL said I read it and didnt expect anything more out of anyone but yet your still bagging and saying that there some kind of invisible rule? READ its right there the rule he broke he just explained to you what rules were broken. somebody should just lock this the point has been made to the topic.

oh and this isnt the first thing scorpion has ever done. He hacked the server, he swears, he tryed to kill serveral players with that chinese new years letters which wind was banned for 3 days for, he insults players.. its not like he is innocent child who has never done anything bad, Hacking the server he shouldnt have even been unbanned first off. get over it
Back to top Go down
Odysseus

Odysseus

PostSubject: Re: You know somethings wrong when...   You know somethings wrong when... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 9:51 am

Well thought out response Wind.

However Lordlava has not 're-arranged' any words to suit, they are written how they are written and no type of clever critique of them can change that. It has always been illegal to impresonate admin on this server, and most others come to mention it. It has been engraved in one form or another in every rule set since Aranock's conception. Scorpion is aware of this, as the evidence below will show.

The two most popular dictionaries in the world describe Impersonation:

The oxford dictionary describes Impersonation as "an act of pretending to be another person for the purpose of entertainment or fraud"

The Merriman Webster dictionary describes it as " To assume the character of" " to invest with personality or personal characteristics"

The logs:

Lordlava asks Ayumi for an invite to clans as builder to test the clan changes he was making. Ayumi makes LL's character "Testdummy" clan builder as per requested. Lordlava then tinkers around a little and then shouts that he might need to conduct more testing with an alt on another clan but that he needed to restart the test server and try something out. LL then logs off Testdummy and goes afk on LL because he is on test server. Lag occurs on main server and LL appologises because it may be caused by him, there for reminding everyone that he is still there on test working on clan stuff .

A little while later an alt of scorpion then logs in called 'testing' and says the following to Ayumi:

Testing Told Ayumi: "Hey - I will need another invite for further testing" *uses the words 'another'and 'further', only LL had invite so far and only admin test bugs
Testing Told Ayumi: "Are you there?"
Testing Told Ayumi: "Please respond whenever you get back - "I will be on the test server so I may not respond immediately" *Only admin have access to test server

Testing then entered tavern, and scorpion waited 15 mins to log back on with an alt called 'Tests'. The conversation then continued:

Tests: "I need another invite. Have encountered more problems." *suggesting he's found problems through admin testing
Ayumi Told Tests: "oh"

Ayumi Told Tests: "on Tests?"
Tests Told Ayumi: "Seems like clan ranks affect the spells as well" *Directly implying he'd been testing the issue LL had been investigating earlier
Ayumi Told Tests: "Surprised"
Tests Told Ayumi: "I ended up putting testing in noobs as a leader - I will need to be builder with this one please" *This relates to LL's previous shout about needing a clan member in another clan, and is the reasoning he uses to make Ayumi believe he needs 'testing' In LOL association.

Ayumi makes him builder:

Tests Told Ayumi: "Thank you, I should have no trouble anymore"

Sorpion then clan tells the following whilst dual logging:

Scorpion Clan-Tells: "guess what"
Clannie 1: Clan-Tells: "what?"
Scorpion Clan-Tells: "You see tests?"
Clannie 1: Clan-Tells: "yeah": Clan-Tells: "Thats me, im in LOL" "as a builder" "lolololol"
Clannie 1: Clan-Tells: "serious? lol"
Scorpion Clan-Tells: "Theyre gonna be robbedddddd"
Clannie 1: "rofl how did you get into LoL?"
Scorpion : Clan-Tells: "LL made an alt earlier named Testdummy"
Scorpion Clan-Tells: "I was thinking wait, What if thats not LL"
Scorpion "And the idea sparked lol" *Directy inferring that he got the idea to impersonate LL, it shows he intended impersonation from the start
Clannie 1 Clan-Tells: "genius"
Clannie 1 Clan-Tells: "did you actually say you were LL?"
Clannie 1: Clan Tells: "so its safe from some?"
Scorpion Clan- Tells: "No lol"
Scorpion Clan-Tells: "I was just like"
Scorpion Clan-Tells: "I need an invite to do more tests or something lol" *Showing awareness of the no impersonation rule
Clannie 1 Clan-Tells: nice work now you cant get banned *Wanna bet!?

It is clear from this dialogue that scorpion DID intend to imeprsonate admin by implying he had engaged in admin only tasks and had admin only privelages (i.e test server access). It is also obvious through his own actions and dialogue that Scorpion assummed the character, personality and characteristics of LordLava for the purpose of robbery and fraud. It does not matter that he didnt 'say' he was LL as he lead ayumi to believe through his intentional and well thought out actions that he WAS LL, and allowing others to assume you are someone after convincing them you are, and then taking advantage of it is still identity fraud in the eyes of the law wether or not you directly imply your that person through name dropping. This is expecially true in a virtual world where names themselves can be changed on a whim, and personality and acess privelages can be a more stable indicatior of who you are talking too, and this was the mechanism used in this case to make this abuse successful. There is no argument here, the issue is clear and the punishment justified. Scorpion knowingly impersonated LL, and by doing so he broke a rule that is crystal clear about impersonation. This discussion is over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You know somethings wrong when...   You know somethings wrong when... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You know somethings wrong when...
Page 1 of 1