Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mine 3 beams

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Mine 3 beams Empty
PostSubject: Mine 3 beams   Mine 3 beams Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 7:01 pm

I made a nice little path to the garg mage / knight..

Came back 4 hours later and half of them were randomly gone, wtf? I mean its possible someone picked up every other one but I would find that odd. One of the spots I dont think mine wall ever spawns on even. Its like super rotted at light speed and others normal??
Back to top Go down
Elffin

Elffin

Mine 3 beams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mine 3 beams   Mine 3 beams Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 1:23 am

Whenever i see mine beams in mine 3 i trash em, i prefer to mine my way there.

Elf.
Back to top Go down

Mine 3 beams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mine 3 beams   Mine 3 beams Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 1:24 am

Seriously.. there is plenty of areas of the mine that dont connect things like garg and the seyan shrine.. why ..

Well in this case only a handful of beams were gone at first, it took quite some time for the rest to disappear. Its like the time it took them to age once was all it took for them to be destroyed.
Back to top Go down
Redman

Mine 3 beams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mine 3 beams   Mine 3 beams Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 7:03 am

Do they age faster in the dark?
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Mine 3 beams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mine 3 beams   Mine 3 beams Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 8:26 am

In my initial assessment it appears that someone is messing with your mind.

However, my bat instincts pricked up when you said
Quote :
One of the spots I dont think mine wall ever spawns on even. Its like super rotted at light speed and others normal??

We did have an ingame corruption problem when I first joined the developemnt team. I am not sure that it was ever fully and knowingly resolved but the instances of new corruptions stopped after a few hypotheses were tested. The task of fixing all the corrupted items was a major exercise, especially in Mine 3 and Lab 12 where it was a semi manual search and destroy exercise and then manually replace the corrupted items.

The reason my bat radar went off is that it is still possible that a few corrupted items remained. If you are able to find those spots again (and I am online) then show me and I can check them out.
Back to top Go down

Mine 3 beams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mine 3 beams   Mine 3 beams Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 12:42 pm

I only remember the very enterence near Mine3 at the first minable pieces. It is possible someone picked them up. Like Eyre said he prefers to mine his way out there, I just would find it very strange if someone picked up 3 beams, skipped 2..etc. which is what happened on a random path made to the garg mage.

Quote :
semi manual search and destroy exercise and then manually replace the corrupted items

Ok so essentially each item in the game is an object, probably has some field like Lifetime or rate of rot that does a countdown on its durability or damage?

Or is the item damage per tick based on the map square itself?

Having a slight difficulty understanding the design because red carpets prevent rottage but beams rot at a different rate than everything else. Im sure I could probably sit here and guess a dozen times but its easier to just get the explanation Smile .
Back to top Go down
Redman

Mine 3 beams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mine 3 beams   Mine 3 beams Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 2:26 pm

Each item has its unique deterioration rate.

Each tile has a "does deterioration occur on me? check yes or no" flag set. For example, the carpet you speak of has "no" flag set so items will last forever. Everything else is usually "yes".
Back to top Go down

Mine 3 beams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mine 3 beams   Mine 3 beams Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 2:40 pm

I figured it was something along those lines. Ok. So in order for these items to become corrupt either they are a different object which is *almost* identical or they were objects changed after they were created yes? So shouldnt a reset fix that? If it doesnt wouldnt that mean there is actually multiple classes or a conditional statement modifying the base object after creation? In which case cant you just make a list of all object locations like that.. remove them and re-add the proper object or comment out the statement modifying them?
Back to top Go down
Redman

Mine 3 beams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mine 3 beams   Mine 3 beams Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 2:42 pm

I'll defer to someone more knowledgeable for that one. Razz
Back to top Go down
Andy

Mine 3 beams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mine 3 beams   Mine 3 beams Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 8:04 pm

I can show the majority in lab 12 if you want but it might not be very popular with lab 12 runners n doubles mining time...
Back to top Go down

Mine 3 beams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mine 3 beams   Mine 3 beams Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 8:17 pm

Well if youre not gonna replace lab 12 at least gimme some beams for when I have to recall bounce
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Mine 3 beams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mine 3 beams   Mine 3 beams Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 4:14 am

The way I found most of the corrupted items was that their active count was abnormally high and I searched for this.

All the corrupted walls in lab 12 were destroyed and most were replaced, except in the 4th stage where people do not need gems and just want to finish as fast as possible (too much fun lready).

Lab 12 is a mining lab and if done peoperly the beams would not do you any good and they defeat the purpose of the lab.

If I find more corrupted areas I will fix them but no further changes to lab 12 planned in the short term.
Back to top Go down

Mine 3 beams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mine 3 beams   Mine 3 beams Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 4:20 am

their active count? As in the number currently in game? So there were corrupt objects outside of this group?

And there is still plenty left to mine in lab 12 even with the occasional beam up Wink. So that means youre not gonna replace the lab? *Snaps fingers*
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Mine 3 beams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mine 3 beams   Mine 3 beams Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 4:27 am

Active count as in the number of ticks that the item has been active.
Once they hit a preset age limit the items should age or transform or reset depending on the item.

The corruptions occured because some items were aging when they should not have or were running past their age limit.

I did leave the holes in lab 12 to help players go a bit faster. The corrupted mile walls looked like empty space but you were not able to walk in that space.

Back to top Go down

Mine 3 beams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mine 3 beams   Mine 3 beams Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 12:31 pm

Ok so the game checks the ground for items constantly and raising the AC each second until it reaches its limit. Once the limit is hit it ages / destroys / etc. So the corruptions *are* a pre/post mature change of status without direct correlation of game time?

So that would imply either the object has the wrong flag or number of ages set so instead of being aged its destroyed more rapidly, thus mine walls respawn more rapidly and beams die after 1 rot perhaps?

Or perhaps the server clock speed was changed and the formula for how often the age increments was increased? Perhaps multiple copies of the same aging method active?

Or maybe the ram sticks just went bad and corrupted the database hehe

...I like the holes in 12 and learned one of the shorter paths to mine to the garg mage now. Its just the coder in me being bugged by stuff not working right /pun
Back to top Go down

Mine 3 beams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mine 3 beams   Mine 3 beams Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 10:53 am

Lordlava wrote:
Active count as in the number of ticks that the item has been active.
Once they hit a preset age limit the items should age or transform or reset depending on the item.

It just hit me thats sort of looking for the problem halfway through the chain. Because some mine wall pieces never respawn, thus they would not show up on an active list.

1. So first shouldnt it be checked that the rot flag is turned on for all appropriate squares in the mines. Then you check to see that an item (mine wall) is generated.

2. After its confirmed an item is created

3. what its durability or rot speed is.

4. That the object is actually placed on the map.

If you super accelerated the rot process on the test server and set a flag to go off at each stage then it should be semi easy to pinpoint yes?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mine 3 beams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mine 3 beams   Mine 3 beams Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mine 3 beams
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Click Me For New Forum  :: Game Chat :: Bugs-
Jump to: