Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bad Framerate (win 7 x64)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ysmay

Bad Framerate (win 7 x64) Empty
PostSubject: Bad Framerate (win 7 x64)   Bad Framerate (win 7 x64) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 11:38 am

Is there any way to boost my framerate in Win 7x64? I'm getting 5-15 fps tops and it's getting difficult to pent properly, and is generally making me not wanna play more and more.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Bad Framerate (win 7 x64)   Bad Framerate (win 7 x64) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 3:56 am

Are you running in XP compataility mode?

My work laptop is Win 7 64 bit version and the game will not run normally but in XP compability mode it runs fine, no lag or anything (just a stupid mouse).

If that is not the issue then it is possible that it may be a setting in your graphics card that you can play with. I am not sure I could give you any tips there as I don't have an uber graphics card to play with.

If this solves it or you find a solution, let us know.
Back to top Go down
Fazza

Fazza

PostSubject: Re: Bad Framerate (win 7 x64)   Bad Framerate (win 7 x64) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 7:08 am

I believe it is related to a graphics card issue.

I had a similar problem on my previous computer which ran a geforce 8400gs Graphics card. Even on XP trying to play the game it would lag like no tomorrow.

I currently run an AMD 7850 gfx card and when run in windows XP comparability mode it works a treat. (mind you on a 1080p monitor its stretched but it still looks good Wink )

If you know what kind of graphics card you have that would be a great help =].
Back to top Go down
ysmay

PostSubject: Re: Bad Framerate (win 7 x64)   Bad Framerate (win 7 x64) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 11:17 am

Here ya go.
Code:
Operating System
         MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
      CPU
         Intel Core i7 720QM @ 1.60GHz   49 °C
         Clarksfield 45nm Technology
      RAM
         4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
      Motherboard
         Alienware
      Graphics
         Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
         ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5800 Series (Dell)
      Hard Drives
         298GB Western Digital WDC WD3200BEKT-75KA9T0 ATA Device (SATA)   34 °C
      Optical Drives
         HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GA31N ATA Device
      Audio
         AMD High Definition Audio Device

Just updated my graphics drivers a few days ago. I had this problem before but I remember using some DirectX tweaking program (similar to the one being thrown around on these forums, but older) that fixed the framerate through emulation. I can't get this new one to do it though.
Back to top Go down
Abyss

PostSubject: Re: Bad Framerate (win 7 x64)   Bad Framerate (win 7 x64) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 5:08 pm

Previously using D3d-Windower, I've found that the framerate issues would go away on computers with them.

I'm not sure why or how this works, but it does occasionally. If you would like a copy of D3d-Windower-English that I've been using for years (without any problems of viruses or such), feel free to contact me and I'll send it to you. Several players are running the same one as me, no one has reported any issues (other than the program is a slight pain to set up. I may one of these days write a post on the forums with a link to it and how to get it running correctly.)
Back to top Go down
Valadez

Valadez

PostSubject: Re: Bad Framerate (win 7 x64)   Bad Framerate (win 7 x64) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 2:49 pm

I just started having this problem when I fixed my gpu. Aranock started running at 8fps. Could only fix it by running dxdiag and disabling DirectDraw Acceleration in the display tab
Back to top Go down
http://astonia.wikia.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad Framerate (win 7 x64)   Bad Framerate (win 7 x64) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bad Framerate (win 7 x64)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Click Me For New Forum  :: Game Chat :: Technical-
Jump to: