Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ice axe from emmy caves

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Twinsix

Ice axe from emmy caves Empty
PostSubject: Ice axe from emmy caves   Ice axe from emmy caves Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 7:57 am

I went to emmy caves today on my colonel harakim and got the ice axe. Well the pole and fk exp made it enough so I could arch Twix, which I did after I got the axe. After I arched and hit the portal to return to temple, my ice axe disappeared. I think I shouldn't have to redo that awful quest. None of my other items disappeared.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Ice axe from emmy caves   Ice axe from emmy caves Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 1:45 am

Quest items are automatically deleted if you use a portals.
This stops quest items being taken out of quest areas, especially the labs.

I am not sure if all portals do this but certainly the lab portals do.
Not that a portal can not distinguish between a quest item from that lab and a quest item from anywhere else in the game.

Now that u know how to do the emme cave, 2nd time round it should be much easier.
Back to top Go down
Twinsix

PostSubject: Re: Ice axe from emmy caves   Ice axe from emmy caves Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 2:35 am

I did it with the help of an AT. Now here's my question, why don't the portals delete the resistance amulet I used for lab 3. The one from the uhhh heal quest. It is blueish and gives +20 resistance.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Ice axe from emmy caves   Ice axe from emmy caves Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 7:18 am

66 is charged with asking difficult questions for which simple answers sound too simplistic.

There are two quest item flags that can and are normallt set on quest items..
One destroys quest items sold to the shops.
The other destroys quest items when portals are used.

The simple answer is:
The Ice Axe has both flags set, like most quest items do.
The Resist Ammy only has the 1st flag set. I am guessing that this was because they wanted the Resist ammy to be able to be used in labs 3 & 6, however this is just speculation on my part.

Back to top Go down
Swainhi

PostSubject: Re: Ice axe from emmy caves   Ice axe from emmy caves Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 2:29 pm

Thats cold, very cold. Can't even get sent to ice axe to pick another. He hit the portal to get into the lab and it didn't disappear, why would Twix know that it would disappear when he touched the inner one?
Back to top Go down
Twinsix

PostSubject: Re: Ice axe from emmy caves   Ice axe from emmy caves Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 9:07 pm

Ehhh it's the luck of the draw I suppose. I teamed up with an AT and got the axe again. It was annoying though. If I would of known, I would of left it in the CH while I arched lol.
Back to top Go down
Swainhi

PostSubject: Re: Ice axe from emmy caves   Ice axe from emmy caves Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 11:38 am

Well Twin, i do believe in equality and I fight for it. I didnt bring out the big guns on this issue, but... they are veryy lucky I didn't.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Ice axe from emmy caves   Ice axe from emmy caves Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 1:17 am

Just in terms of context, some portals destroy quest and lab items and others do not.
I have not investigated which ones do and which ones don't.

I know all the portals out of labs destroy quest items. I assume the original logic was to stop lab items being removed from the labs. There is no simple way to stop this and retain the original objective.

It was and still is part of the design criteria and as such is not considered a bug.
However, I do acknowledge that it can be a bit of a shock to lose a hard earned item, apparently without notice.

The only alternative that I can see is to switch off the quest item flag on the ice axe.
The consequences of this would be:
- all players who currently have an ice axe would lose ownership of the axe and would not be able to use it to gain the arch skill
- the ixe axe would become tradeable on the trading post and in shops
- the ice axe would be able to be taken into and out of restricted areas like labs etc.

As it is neither a bug nor a system crash, I am not able to "poof" you back to the quest chest.
However, if you still do not have the axe then I have some alts who can group you to assist with getting it again.

Last edited by Lordlava on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Twinsix

PostSubject: Re: Ice axe from emmy caves   Ice axe from emmy caves Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 3:44 am

I already got it the day after. Thank you though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ice axe from emmy caves   Ice axe from emmy caves Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ice axe from emmy caves
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Click Me For New Forum  :: Game Chat :: Bugs-
Jump to: