Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lockpick and Identify for Arch Templars

Go down 
+2
smasher
Lordlava
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lordlava

Lordlava

Lockpick and Identify for Arch Templars Empty
PostSubject: Lockpick and Identify for Arch Templars   Lockpick and Identify for Arch Templars Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 4:09 am

These two skills max have been increased from 30 to 60 for Arch Templars.
Back to top Go down
smasher

smasher

PostSubject: Re: Lockpick and Identify for Arch Templars   Lockpick and Identify for Arch Templars Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 12:46 pm

aww MAN!!!!! gotta get back on Smasher and Max him again lol
Thanks LL
Back to top Go down
Urdadi

Urdadi

PostSubject: Re: Lockpick and Identify for Arch Templars   Lockpick and Identify for Arch Templars Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 11:56 pm

when will AT's lose something? they dominate & keep getting more & more goodies...
Back to top Go down
fdmjaykan

PostSubject: Re: Lockpick and Identify for Arch Templars   Lockpick and Identify for Arch Templars Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 4:26 pm

Laughing I hardly think lockpick is dangerous to other players oh i think i will attack you with my lockpick !!! lol
Back to top Go down
Urdadi

Urdadi

PostSubject: Re: Lockpick and Identify for Arch Templars   Lockpick and Identify for Arch Templars Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 12:35 am

fdmjaykan wrote:
Laughing I hardly think lockpick is dangerous to other players oh i think i will attack you with my lockpick !!! lol

I am fully aware of what these skills do... You are missing the point.

AT's are far and away the most dominant race, always have been. In the old days it was halfway balanced by the fact they had to spend alot of play time looking for mana pots but now they meditate like the rest of us. They never really feared stun but now they laugh at it. The warcriers had to spend the extra time to find keys while other races could lockpick, but now templars can do that too. The pure fighting race is now adept at identifying magical items? I just can't see why the tincan should get any goodies at all when they can already kick the crap out of everyone else. There should be a price for that dominance, even if it's minor inconveniences.
Back to top Go down
flipper

flipper

PostSubject: Re: Lockpick and Identify for Arch Templars   Lockpick and Identify for Arch Templars Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 9:30 am

Do you have a tincan?

As of right now, there are 3 tincans as Warlords,
about 6 months ago there were none. There still are not any Warriors. The rest are Haras, Seyans and Sorcs.(And now the super fast ranking Necros)

At about mid-Field Marshall they are about as strong as they will ever get. Which, when unassisted by another's spells, they are sitting ducks against equally rank Haras Sorcs and Necros. Yes we take a longer time to kill, but our self-spelled-Weapon value is miniscule when compared to other races of the same rank.

How many ATs are able to do a solo prison run? A tower run takes close to an hour. Getting from Mixed to UW takes over an hour sometimes. Me, as a Warlord, Still takes for ever to pent Brigs.

Even maxed resist and immunity they are suseptable to a perma stun by a couple of much lower ranked players coordinating their attack.

Are you saying that other than the Thieves dungeon, Temps shouldn't be able to use lockpick at all? On a gpot, ish scrolls, and the right armour the best I ever got was 112 modded LP, typically I would be lucky to get 105. Investing, and being a bit lucky gives us a small chanc at getting through a 120 LP door with out requiring the perfect set of armour.

As far as being able to identify a magical item...why not? What harm is there? (I am truly inquiring about this aspect)

You talk about how we have to fight to find a key. You forgot about fight very slowly. Even with a Max warcry, the stun effect is minimal and very costly. We can't compulse, we can't curse with effectiveness, we can't stun with effectiveness, we have no stealth, we can't see in the dark.

I speak only from experience of this server over the last several years, I can not speak to how things were in the past or on other servers.
Back to top Go down
Urdadi

Urdadi

PostSubject: Re: Lockpick and Identify for Arch Templars   Lockpick and Identify for Arch Templars Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:59 am

flipper wrote:
Do you have a tincan?
yes, a Knight. if I gather up a few replenishing pots, I am immortal on that dude. Like you said, they are maxed out around FDM, which explains why there are so few warlords. why rank up & be able to kill fewer players? an FDM can attack 7 ranks: 3 up, 3 down as well as other FDM's. Warlords can only fight the top 4 ranks. Seems like a ton of work resulting in less opportunity for fun. Same story with Warriors & Sorcerers

flipper wrote:
Even maxed resist and immunity they are suseptable to a perma stun by a couple of much lower ranked players coordinating their attack.
This is a good thing. 2 coordinated players should bring down a single foe every time. The fact that it takes 2 or more people to kill an AT is exactly my point. One screw up & the AT recalls or destroys em both. Why give this race anything more?

flipper wrote:
As far as being able to identify a magical item...why not? What harm is there?
I'll refer you to my last post, it's not that these two skills are overpowering or anything, it's the fact that the super duper overpowered race is getting anything at all.

flipper wrote:
How many ATs are able to do a solo prison run?

very good point. I don't think any AT has soloed prison. The stun skill is absolutely essential in there. I don't have much of an argument here but I do have a suggestion: Ever tried going in with half a pack of stun scrolls? Those AH's have very low resistance for Earls (30 base?), I'm sure ish would hit em, maybe even ankhs. A costly method for sure, but i think possible.
Back to top Go down
Rush

PostSubject: Re: Lockpick and Identify for Arch Templars   Lockpick and Identify for Arch Templars Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 5:51 am

Just warcry everything. cakes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lockpick and Identify for Arch Templars   Lockpick and Identify for Arch Templars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lockpick and Identify for Arch Templars
Page 1 of 1