Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Server down - cant connect

Go down 
+3
Iktomi
Mikarah
Motoko
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Motoko

Server down - cant connect Empty
PostSubject: Server down - cant connect   Server down - cant connect Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 2:09 pm

!!
Back to top Go down
Mikarah

PostSubject: Re: Server down - cant connect   Server down - cant connect Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 2:10 pm

somebody was being naughty
Back to top Go down
Motoko

PostSubject: Re: Server down - cant connect   Server down - cant connect Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 2:11 pm

Mikarah wrote:
somebody was being naughty
huh lol

Last edited by Motoko on Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Iktomi

Iktomi

PostSubject: Re: Server down - cant connect   Server down - cant connect Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 2:11 pm

Looks like it says it is down on server info.
Back to top Go down
Mikarah

PostSubject: Re: Server down - cant connect   Server down - cant connect Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 2:14 pm

just pokin' fun if it was an admin who inadvertently crashed the game
Back to top Go down
Dinin

PostSubject: Re: Server down - cant connect   Server down - cant connect Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 2:17 pm

Hmmm...contacting gods. Be paitent. If everyone online could comment what they were doing it would help find the issue.
Back to top Go down
Mikarah

PostSubject: Re: Server down - cant connect   Server down - cant connect Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 2:19 pm

i had just WPd into second lt pents and taken a few steps into first lts when the game crashed
Back to top Go down
Motoko

PostSubject: Re: Server down - cant connect   Server down - cant connect Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 2:21 pm

Dinin wrote:
Hmmm...contacting gods. Be paitent. If everyone online could comment what they were doing it would help find the issue.
Was walking in town
Back to top Go down
Mikarah

PostSubject: Re: Server down - cant connect   Server down - cant connect Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 2:27 pm

how come it doesn't show me on the list of online players (Badboypuck)? does the player list revert to the last world save or some particular time before a server crash?
Back to top Go down
Kitten

Kitten

PostSubject: Re: Server down - cant connect   Server down - cant connect Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 2:42 pm

temple sitting, surprise surprise
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Server down - cant connect   Server down - cant connect Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 2:48 pm

Kitten wrote:
Pretty much this. Was in the middle of coding and that annoying error box popped up.
Back to top Go down
Motoko

PostSubject: Re: Server down - cant connect   Server down - cant connect Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 3:15 pm

Gambit wrote:
Kitten wrote:
Pretty much this. Was in the middle of coding and that annoying error box popped up.
:O

Not to be a whiner/jerk/etc but I think a little something for anyone who was online at the time of the crash would be a wonderful show of good faith

<3

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Server down - cant connect   Server down - cant connect Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 5:22 pm

Well that world save timer has been getting kinda outsync for awhile now, it was off by nearly 4 minutes last I saw.. 26 after the hour.. I doubt thats connected, but thought Id throw it out there for that one in a million chance. Whatever helps get the server up quicker.
Back to top Go down
Iktomi

Iktomi

PostSubject: Re: Server down - cant connect   Server down - cant connect Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 8:14 pm

I was dropping stuff off in Staff Corner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Server down - cant connect   Server down - cant connect Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 8:18 pm

Dieharder wrote:
Well that world save timer has been getting kinda outsync for awhile now, it was off by nearly 4 minutes last I saw.. 26 after the hour.. I doubt thats connected, but thought Id throw it out there for that one in a million chance. Whatever helps get the server up quicker.
If I recall correctly LL said he resets the timer from time to time so that would account for the drift.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Server down - cant connect   Server down - cant connect Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 8:29 pm

Have any of the changes for the new areas started being implemented yet.. ?
Back to top Go down
Iktomi

Iktomi

PostSubject: Re: Server down - cant connect   Server down - cant connect Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 8:39 pm

Server is up... Thanks for figuring it out Smile
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Server down - cant connect   Server down - cant connect Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 9:31 pm

The new areas have been implemented for several months so there have not been any new coding changes recently. The staffers have been testing the new areas but no catastrophic issues found (so far). Unless a staffer was in thoses areas at the time it is not a prime likely cause.

Traditionally, most of the crashes that were not related to a recent implementation have been associated with old bugs where ranges and limits were not tested.
By coincidence a player may do something, touch, use, open, step which happens to exceed a limit that is not checked in the code.
The crash is usually almost instantaneous after the action.

There are literally 10s of thousands of places within the code that these limits should be but are not being checked. It is not physically possible for me to check or go back and correct them all.

The best pointer is the player themselves recalling what they tried to do the instant before the server crashed. If it crashed as you tried to do something, then the more specific you are then the greater chance I have of narrowing down the section of the code or the offending item.

Note that in 99.9% if the cases it is not anything that the player has done that was wrong and your reporting the specifics is appreciated and not condemned.

The hourly game save (that causes you a delay and is 4 minutes out of whack) means that if the game crashes, you have only lost up to a maximum of 60 minutes of game time. No restoring of files is needed.
If the game data files get corrupted and the game crashes, I can restore the last uncorrupted 6 hourly backup.

The question about the whoisonline page is interesting. I have not looked at the mechanism and file sharing in detail but this is how I undertsand it.
The web page code looks at the game files that are shared and open online. Assuming the game is running then it will access the latest onlone mapped version. If the game is down then the online mapped version is not available to is maps to the latest version available on the disk (from the last save). I am not 100% sure of the detailed mechanics but that is how it appears to work.
Back to top Go down
Motoko

PostSubject: Re: Server down - cant connect   Server down - cant connect Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 11:50 pm

ugh lost a +12 bless tit cloak ss that i made due to rollback and a +11 sword legs

/wrists

Back to top Go down
Shadowfax

PostSubject: Re: Server down - cant connect   Server down - cant connect Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 1:13 am

I am still having problems connecting to the server. I have tried multiple ways to trouble-shoot it. Redone my Virtual Box all over and downloaded the game again. Not sure what is going on. Any help here..
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Server down - cant connect   Server down - cant connect Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 5:44 am

What messages are you getting?
What char are you connecting with?

Can you see the server stats on the website? or Players online?
Back to top Go down
Shadowfax

PostSubject: Re: Server down - cant connect   Server down - cant connect Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 7:19 pm

Ok so I got on this morning no problem so it is not a server issue. However I have figured out the problem and it is with my own internet connectivity at work. This is saddening cause some night shifts I can sit up to four hours. Anywho if anyone has some ideas:

I am using my work's WiFi which is the type of wifi that you must "Accept Their Terms" in the web browser that you open up. I can search the internet, I even downloaded Astonia (do not care for this game) just to see if it would log me into that (under the assumption that logging into a server like this must be similar). However, in Aranock start-up it still says "Error cannot establish connection." If anyone has any ideas how I could still use my work wifi (it is the only one in range in the hospital) to log-in to the game for those long nights when I only have one patient and 12 hour shifts Smile
Thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Server down - cant connect   Server down - cant connect Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 7:50 pm

Easier would be a high gain directional external antenna. Second would be a mobile hotspot. Is it your PC or the company's? Sometimes folders like program files or desktop have extra security on them. Sometimes folders like temp have extra privledges.

If its purely an internet thing and you can run other games fine then it could be IP based, try to see if you can use a program (not sure if Tor could handle this) to reroute your IP.

If its program based try using a hex editor to mod some unimportant code like a comment incase it was blocked based on something like an MD5 checksum, also renaming the file can be useful as well. If it was manually removed by some type of admin then changing the icon may help as well.
Back to top Go down
Shadowfax

PostSubject: Re: Server down - cant connect   Server down - cant connect Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 8:17 pm

It is my laptop and I am running virtual box. I have never been able to connect to it here at work so I do not think it is an admin removal. I will try a few of these things out. Thx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Server down - cant connect   Server down - cant connect Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 8:25 pm

Basically your problem is their network then. So either a new signal or knowing how they are filtering that signal is the next step in getting it to run.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server down - cant connect   Server down - cant connect Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server down - cant connect
Page 1 of 1