Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cant save quickslots

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fazza

Fazza

Cant save quickslots Empty
PostSubject: Cant save quickslots   Cant save quickslots Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 6:48 am

For awhile now I have been unable to save my quick slots on individual characters.

I have tried overwriting my .moas, deleting and re saving my .moas.

Nothing seems to work for me when it comes to being able to changing them.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Cant save quickslots   Cant save quickslots Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 10:00 pm

Just to confirm:
You are using the latest version of the client from the website.
You right click the spell you want from the list of skills/spells on the left.
You right click on the quick slot on the bottom right of the screen.
You exit the game.
You restart the client.
At the game options window you press Save.

Is it safe to assume that you are doing this?
Back to top Go down
Fazza

Fazza

PostSubject: Re: Cant save quickslots   Cant save quickslots Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 10:16 pm

Lordlava wrote:
Just to confirm:
You are using the latest version of the client from the website.
You right click the spell you want from the list of skills/spells on the left.
You right click on the quick slot on the bottom right of the screen.
You exit the game.
You restart the client.
At the game options window you press Save.

Is it safe to assume that you are doing this?
Yes sir, that is correct.

Across all my characters I have only ever had it work for Snakebite and it keeps HIS layout across all my characters. Even my brand new characters that dont have recall/heal and enhance weapon.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Cant save quickslots   Cant save quickslots Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 1:36 am

The quickslots are per character.
You need to set up the quickslots for each character and then save that specific character after you made the changes.
The quickslots are saved on your PC in the moa file, not on the server.

In theory you could have the same character on different PCs and each time you log i from the different PC your quickslots could be different (local to the moa file used).

I hope that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Fazza

Fazza

PostSubject: Re: Cant save quickslots   Cant save quickslots Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 1:56 am

Lordlava wrote:
The quickslots are per character.
You need to set up the quickslots for each character and then save that specific character after you made the changes.
The quickslots are saved on your PC in the moa file, not on the server.

In theory you could have the same character on different PCs and each time you log i from the different PC your quickslots could be different (local to the moa file used).

I hope that makes sense.
I completely understand how they work. Its just for whatever reason. When I make new characters or switch between characters they all have the same quickslot spells already in place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cant save quickslots   Cant save quickslots Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 4:45 am

You have to save each .moa after you log off from your character you just changed the spell slots for. Right after you save again they will stay that way on that .moa until you change it again. If you switch before you save that .moa it won't save the slots.
Back to top Go down
Fazza

Fazza

PostSubject: Re: Cant save quickslots   Cant save quickslots Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 5:29 am

Limitless wrote:
You have to save each .moa after you log off from your character you just changed the spell slots for. Right after you save again they will stay that way on that .moa until you change it again. If you switch before you save that .moa it won't save the slots.
Ive tried that too.

needless to say Nothing has worked so far.

Once the website comes back up Ill try a new clean install just to be doubly sure.
Back to top Go down
Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Location : https://aranock.rpg-board.net/profile?mode=editprofile

PostSubject: Re: Cant save quickslots   Cant save quickslots Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 5:37 am

Your Aranock folder isn't set as read-only, is it? (Right-click it, click Properties and uncheck Read-only and Apply to all files and subfolders).

About the only other thing it could be is that you're using Vista or higher and have Aranock installed in a protected directory (C:/Program Files for example). Check your Application Data folders (I'm thinking Local Low/Windows) for an Aranock folder. If you find one, you need to move Aranock to a different directory i.e. Desktop.
Back to top Go down
Fazza

Fazza

PostSubject: Re: Cant save quickslots   Cant save quickslots Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 6:07 am

Widowmaker wrote:
Your Aranock folder isn't set as read-only, is it? (Right-click it, click Properties and uncheck Read-only and Apply to all files and subfolders).

About the only other thing it could be is that you're using Vista or higher and have Aranock installed in a protected directory (C:/Program Files for example). Check your Application Data folders (I'm thinking Local Low/Windows) for an Aranock folder. If you find one, you need to move Aranock to a different directory i.e. Desktop.
hmm, well I tried that out and it looked promising at the start.  But still didnt fix anything =/..

my aranock folder is in c:/ and my .moas are in my downloads folder.  ILl shuffle everything around and give it another go

Update:!

I got it to save Skulldrunks spells.

Entered tavern and waited until aranock closed (So it was sitting on black screen) instead of Ctrl+alt+del to close it. That might of fixed it. I saved my new .moa to desktop and loaded it and it seemed to work.

Alright everyone mystery solved! Good job! Drive home safe!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cant save quickslots   Cant save quickslots Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 8:11 am

Lol NEVER ctrl alt del when you log off. Always use the tavern. That's basically admitting you "lag" out. The only way you can save those slots is leaving through the tavern then saving. That was your problem. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Fazza

Fazza

PostSubject: Re: Cant save quickslots   Cant save quickslots Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 8:24 am

Limitless wrote:
Lol NEVER ctrl alt del when you log off. Always use the tavern. That's basically admitting you "lag" out. The only way you can save those slots is leaving through the tavern then saving. That was your problem. Good luck.

AH yes but see, I use a tavern and ctrl alt del because I use dxwind to run it in windowed mode which causes problems if i dont ctrl alt del.

I dont 'lag' out of the game at any time. I exit via taverns
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Cant save quickslots   Cant save quickslots Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 9:43 pm

The intersesting point here is that the delay after you log out and before you close was not just Ishtar making you wait.
The client is doing something (never checked exactly what) and one of those things is saving any settings to a temporary file in the game folder (possibly merc.dat). Some of these settings are over written when you load a new character.
If you terminate the client prior to that (or if the client crashes) then these items may not be saved to the temporary file.
It is not one of the steps I would have considered adding to the "just confirming" list above as I have only ever terminated the client when it has hung.

Good to hear it is all now resolved.
Back to top Go down
Fazza

Fazza

PostSubject: Re: Cant save quickslots   Cant save quickslots Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 11:04 pm

Lordlava wrote:
The intersesting point here is that the delay after you log out and before you close was not just Ishtar making you wait.
The client is doing something (never checked exactly what) and one of those things is saving any settings to a temporary file in the game folder (possibly merc.dat).  Some of these settings are over written when you load a new character.
If you terminate the client prior to that (or if the client crashes) then these items may not be saved to the temporary file.
It is not one of the steps I would have considered adding to the "just confirming" list above as I have only ever terminated the client when it has hung.

Good to hear it is all now resolved.
I had really only waited until it closed itself just to see if that changed anything and it seems that, that was the key.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cant save quickslots   Cant save quickslots Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cant save quickslots
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Click Me For New Forum  :: Game Chat :: Bugs-
Jump to: