Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Server down times.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Motoko

Server down times. Empty
PostSubject: Server down times.   Server down times. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 1:49 pm

Not to be critical but these are way too long, usually 4-5 hours or more every time, at least.

Suggest better forms of communication between staff, all staffers should have god's cell #s or something, or allow more people to be able to reset the server.

it's really frustrating when the server dies, especially on a weekend when a lot of people are online, which is usually when it dies.

I don't mind server crashes, theyre inevitable... but i think it's unacceptable that it takes so long to get it back up, and it seems only two people (Ody and LL) are the only people who can get it back up - also pretty sure both LL and Ody aren't from USA, meaning theres a time difference issue.

Need more gods/people who can reset server and better communication between staff in case of emergencies like this.

Back to top Go down
Odysseus

Odysseus

Server down times. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down times.   Server down times. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 2:44 pm

Server up

Staff have our mobile numbers and facebook to contact us. I was alerted the second the game went down and made efforts to be available as soon as i could
Back to top Go down
Motoko

Server down times. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down times.   Server down times. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 2:48 pm

Odysseus wrote:
Server up

Staff have our mobile numbers and facebook to contact us. I was alerted the second the game went down and make efforts to be available
Well, thats reassuring.

thanks!

Facebook is a tool of the devil!

Back to top Go down
Odysseus

Odysseus

Server down times. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down times.   Server down times. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 2:52 pm

I will also look at putting putty on my phone, it will allow instant access to the server if its feasable, and since im always logged in to facebook or i can always be txt'd It should dramatically prevent delays in future Smile
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Server down times. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down times.   Server down times. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 6:24 am

Ody,

Try ConnectBot.

It works from my Samsung Galaxy.

There is obviously something causing the game to crash and I would need fairly precise actions that were taken at the time of the crash to have much hope to be able to find it.

If anyone was online at the time and did or noticed something at the time of the implosion - let me know.
Back to top Go down
Pooch

Pooch

Server down times. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down times.   Server down times. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 7:21 am

Well i got smqcked like a gazzillion(more like 5) time in the face with a salmon.. then i think after me in ML someone got thralled with mobs like usuall but i think i noticed a onyx garg at that moment.. after that i got kicked out
Back to top Go down
amanar

amanar

Server down times. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down times.   Server down times. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 3:05 pm

ill volunteer to be god Smile
Back to top Go down
Motoko

Server down times. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down times.   Server down times. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 3:21 pm

amanar wrote:
ill volunteer to be god Smile
I'd rather the server be down indefinitely.

<3
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Server down times. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down times.   Server down times. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 7:19 am

Who was the imp who was summonsing the NPCs?

I will need to try and recreate the circumstances to be able to find the bug.

As an aside, and I do not wish to dampen your enthusiasm, but being a god does not allow you to restart the server and being able to restart the server does not make you a god. They are seperate and independent functions.

Having said that, only the current gods are able to login to the server to start and stop the game.
Staffers do have our mobile phone numbers and are able to text us in tha case of an emergency. I would guess that we have it covered > 18 hours a day between us although due to work and life commitments the responses will not be instantaneous.
Back to top Go down

Server down times. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down times.   Server down times. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 10:10 am

Server down times. Sdfsdf11

Actually as luck would have it I took this less than 30 seconds before the crash. Maybe less than 15. A little ironic since it was "crash" bandicoot at the helm this time haha! There were many fish slaps handed out to all.. esp the deserving noob in the pic Wink. Then 2 NPC types were summoned in bulk to the arena as had been done for several before him. Then as Vain?? Was in the arena fighting, the 2nd? guy in there died? as he was lower level (arena death). Just as this was happening they were suddenly aware an Oynx was in the arena. All but one or two people in the game were in the arena when this happened.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Server down times. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down times.   Server down times. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server down times.
Page 1 of 1