Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff

Go down 
+2
Dinin
Urdadi
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff   Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 10:49 am

The clan hall, the sage. Why does he need 90 stealth?

Last edited by Dieharder on Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Urdadi

Urdadi

PostSubject: Re: Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff   Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 11:47 am

in the old days, you could fight as soon as you stepped off the carpet. the sage's stealth meant that lower ranks had to step into pvp zone just to buy clan scrolls. Now you can safely walk up to sage, buy a tower scroll & get the most powerful items in the game without ever stepping on a pvp tile Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff   Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 11:57 am

Ooooooo. I honestly had no idea this was a 'grandfathered in feature' lmao.
Back to top Go down
Dinin

PostSubject: Re: Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff   Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 2:04 pm

I thought the most powerful items were in prison?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff   Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 3:12 pm

Dinin wrote:
I wouldnt know. Ive probably done more than 100 prison runs and only ever gotten the amulet. Which is kind of sad since I got that the 2nd or 3rd run and nothing since. I literally made Warlord before I ever found a 2nd prison item =/
Back to top Go down
Dakr

PostSubject: Re: Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff   Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 3:13 pm

Yeah I don't even consider tower really all that worth doing. Rings break fairly fast and don't add that much, OE is useless with prison amulet(should change OE since prison amulet was added to make it worth while) FOH is the only thing that is really worth getting and that you can't solo for I don't think as an AT is the only thing interested in that.
Back to top Go down
Urdadi

Urdadi

PostSubject: Re: Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff   Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 1:11 am

Dinin wrote:
nah, tower is still King. simple mathematics: think about the soulstones it would take to make those items. Prison armors would take a rank 90 soulstone & prison ammy would take a rank 190 soulstone. Sure thats powerful and beats out the FoH at rank 70 but OE is a rank 220 item you can wear at rank 16! lit RoP's would take a rank 330 soulstone to reproduce. pretty nice items when players top out at rank 23. Also consider that anyone can make a bless set but there is exactly one item with sense magic on it. It's on top of the tower. There is only one weapon that can go above rank 23 and still be wearable. FoH is 3x stronger than anything you can make with soulstones, 5x stronger than anything you can blacksmith, and it's also on top of tower. RoP's are the most powerful items in the game and nothing else even comes close.

Last edited by Urdadi on Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dinin

PostSubject: Re: Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff   Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 1:13 am

Dieharder wrote:
Dinin wrote:
I wouldnt know. Ive probably done more than 100 prison runs and only ever gotten the amulet. Which is kind of sad since I got that the 2nd or 3rd run and nothing since. I literally made Warlord before I ever found a 2nd prison item =/
I share your pain, ive done atleast 50 runs and 90% of the time i get the freakin lake..ive never recieved anything but the legs (wore thru a pair, wearing my second, and have two spares).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff   Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 9:23 am

Urdadi wrote:
Dinin wrote:
nah, tower is still King. simple mathematics: think about the soulstones it would take to make those items. Prison armors would take a rank 90 soulstone & prison ammy would take a rank 190 soulstone. Sure thats powerful and beats out the FoH at rank 70 but OE is a rank 220 item you can wear at rank 16! lit RoP's would take a rank 330 soulstone to reproduce. pretty nice items when players top out at rank 23. Also consider that anyone can make a bless set but there is exactly one item with sense magic on it. It's on top of the tower. There is only one weapon that can go above rank 23 and still be wearable. FoH is 3x stronger than anything you can make with soulstones, 5x stronger than anything you can blacksmith, and it's also on top of tower. RoP's are the most powerful items in the game and nothing else even comes close.

Sense magic is worthless and prison ammy almost replaces the need for OE. My AH gets about 180 perception undrugged as it is. FoH takes far too much wasted XP to invest in and hits like a wet noodle.. its only good for the res really. ROP I actually STOPPED using on my AH as I got larger because it lacked the res of huge saphs which is the only thing I ever really needed by the time I was big enough to wear them. Prison items are so rare they are almost unseen and I literally hit warlord before I was ever able to make a dagger with 18 res so even SS above 14ish are near worthless IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Urdadi

Urdadi

PostSubject: Re: Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff   Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 12:10 pm

Dieharder wrote:
Urdadi wrote:
Dinin wrote:
Sense magic is worthless and prison ammy almost replaces the need for OE. My AH gets about 180 perception undrugged as it is. FoH takes far too much wasted XP to invest in and hits like a wet noodle.. its only good for the res really. ROP I actually STOPPED using on my AH as I got larger because it lacked the res of huge saphs which is the only thing I ever really needed by the time I was big enough to wear them. Prison items are so rare they are almost unseen and I literally hit warlord before I was ever able to make a dagger with 18 res so even SS above 14ish are near worthless IMHO.
blah blah blah... theses are just your opinions on what is more valuable to you & your playstyle. the fact remains that the most powerful items are atop the tower and you can go get them anytime without ever stepping on a pvp tile. Or is 190 now greater than 330?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff   Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 2:04 pm

10000 sense magic does not make it more powerful than a mere 20 stealth.
Back to top Go down
Dakr

PostSubject: Re: Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff   Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 2:37 pm

I would take the 20 stealth tbh over any sense magic if I had a choice, just sayin
Back to top Go down
Urdadi

Urdadi

PostSubject: Re: Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff   Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 7:27 pm

but SM allows you to search graves without actually opening em up. I take it you guys prefer to bend over?
Back to top Go down
Johndave

PostSubject: Re: Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff   Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 11:07 pm

Actually Urdadi, perception is used to notice items in graves, SM is only used to sense magic spells cast on you
Back to top Go down
Urdadi

Urdadi

PostSubject: Re: Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff   Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 12:45 am

Et tu Shiftace? Why does everyone want to argue with me in this thread? Was just trying to answer Diehards question about the Sage. You sir, like everyone else in this thread (cept yours truly), are dead wrong.

Edit. found it:

Lordlava wrote:
Just to make it certain....

1 mod sense magic gives 1/200 chance of detecting an item.

200 mod sense magic gives 200/200 chance of detecting an item.
Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff Winnin10

Tiger blood baby!
Back to top Go down
Motoko

PostSubject: Re: Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff   Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 3:14 am

Urdadi wrote:
but SM allows you to search graves without actually opening em up. I take it you guys prefer to bend over?
I laughed irl

However I do think you will always "Detect an item dropped" upon killing a monster with even pretty slow sense magic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff   Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 10:03 am

LL, remove my sense magic from Diehard please? I would test this for myself. Besides, I can't stand being spammed every LQ or time I walk into U3. On gpot I get 200+ perception so nuking RD shouldnt be hard to figure out if I see scrolls and the like without it.
Back to top Go down
Motoko

PostSubject: Re: Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff   Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 5:11 pm

Dieharder wrote:
LL, remove my sense magic from Diehard please? I would test this for myself. Besides, I can't stand being spammed every LQ or time I walk into U3. On gpot I get 200+ perception so nuking RD shouldnt be hard to figure out if I see scrolls and the like without it.
You already have sense magic based on your brav int will regardless if you have the skill or not.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff   Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 6:44 pm

All I know is staff gives med for temps. A rainbow belt with med does not.
AH has hidden base 1 stealth.
AH does not have hidden base 1 imm.
I have not tested if prison ammy effects an AH immune wise or not.

I would like to test this sense magic nonsense and be done with it though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff   Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 7:20 pm

Isn't testing the a job for the staff? I myself would just take their word for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff   Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 7:21 pm

Not only that this is way off topic now. Please lock this baby.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff   Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 10:25 pm

Limitless wrote:
Isn't testing the a job for the staff? I myself would just take their word for it.
Why would I take anyones word on it when I can test it for myself?

Limitless wrote:
Not only that this is way off topic now. Please lock this baby.
You're totally right.. that ought to be fixed..
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff   Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 10:34 pm

1. Some skills are based on their mod skill value, regardless of whether they have a base skill or not. (Don't ask which ones as I do not have a list).
2. Some skills require you to have a base skill before you can use it at all (spells for example). Meditate falls into this group so if you do not have at least one base med then you do not regen mana at all. I modified the code so that if you are carry a staff item then it is deemed that you have a base med skill.
3. This topic has wandered all over the place and will be locked.
4. It would be nice if the topic title actually stated what the topic was to make it easier to follow (and to see if it has gone off topic). It may seem a bit petty but I do read every posting on the forum and it makes it easier to follow and priortise if the topic title has some relevance.
5. I would ask the same of people who send PMs to me also. A topic of "hey" or "I was wondering" does not help me to maintain a limited size inbox.

Here endeth my off topic comment about this topic being off topic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff   Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Im just curious... about the Safe and SenseMagic and stuff
Page 1 of 1