Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RD Graves going off map

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

RD Graves going off map Empty
PostSubject: RD Graves going off map   RD Graves going off map Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 12:14 pm

Not cool, I got displayed the message I found a scroll. I checked all the graves (200+ perception) and never found it. I can only assume it was pushed outside of the map. Can we triple wall that area on the backside or something?

Also.. why does the mana amulet never show up as 'amulet' found like the HP belt does 'belt' ?
RD Graves going off map Lost_s11
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: RD Graves going off map   RD Graves going off map Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 7:02 am

I feel your pain.

I suspect there are quite a few areas in the game that this can happen.
I recall someone dieing in Lab 12 and their grave spawning outside the lab and being unreachable.

To find and fix them all after the event would be a large if not impossible task.
Back to top Go down
Dakr

PostSubject: Re: RD Graves going off map   RD Graves going off map Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 10:47 am

I remember in uw pents in that small area where you get those 3 pents i got a soulstone in one of tbe graves but it spawned southeast around the wall on the orher side.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RD Graves going off map   RD Graves going off map Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 2:24 pm

Well then, I'll just have to keep posting screen shots as I find them all wont I? =D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RD Graves going off map   RD Graves going off map Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 4:42 pm

That about a small method. You give it a cord and it maps the area where a grave can land? Start at X,Y.. it checks N and continues till it hits a wall.. then attempts to trace the wall, counting doorways as open spaces (which of course it wont spawn in but would move to the next nearest based on already existing rules). It then stores this information in RAM or database depending on the size. Every time a grave is spawned it then sends the cords to this method for a validity check? Then no map mods would be needed. It could even be easily implemented in new areas or after changes and would rarely need updating.

During the course of this check it would also check the /who list to see what 'area' it fall under so that excessive checks are not done (like all of SF and garg nest for something that dies in skua temple). Of course this might then have to be amended to either ignore this rule or be given a list of surrounding areas for /who incase say during an LQ 40 guys were spawned in Jamils house and /who shows Jamils house and it doesnt let things spawn graves. Dont want a full area failing to leave graves somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Spodi

PostSubject: Re: RD Graves going off map   RD Graves going off map Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 9:00 pm

Just do a pathfinding check (ignoring blocks from characters) from the death position to the grave position during the initial grave drop. Only then, if all areas in bound are occupied, do the drop it does today. Simple, done, never have to worry about it again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RD Graves going off map   RD Graves going off map Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 9:34 pm

While this would work in theory.. I have my doubts considering how often GCs fail to find me or follow me properly. However, if it does work.. that would eliminate one potential area of problem for that matter.

+1 for epic thought, Id try it anyway
Back to top Go down
Johndave

PostSubject: Re: RD Graves going off map   RD Graves going off map Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 5:01 am

Could this be the return, Spodi?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RD Graves going off map   RD Graves going off map Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RD Graves going off map
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Click Me For New Forum  :: Game Chat :: Bugs-
Jump to: