Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pent solve

Go down 
+7
Andy
Twinsix
Lordlava
Motoko
amanar
Dakr
Estherus
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Estherus

Pent solve - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pent solve   Pent solve - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 10:15 am

Dieharder wrote:
The pent layout was originally setup around a 5 solve/5 cumulative setup. With every pent you add, the odds of a fast solve goes up on a bell curve due to chance of being swamped all things being equal. It comes down to which sucks more, missing a quick 5 solve or having to go -1 for 1 pent. After trying both I favor it 5-12.

its not that easy, its go for quick 5 solve, (which doesnt necesairly needs to be quick) OR.. go for -1 pent AND ontop of that dont have to walk out of the area just for that 1 extra pent just to solve. You might disagree cause u could basicly pent anywhere, but some people dont, anyone who starts doing FM icies from magen to FM will get screwed by that +1 extra pent outside of the area.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pent solve   Pent solve - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 4:36 pm

Estherus wrote:
You might disagree cause u could basicly pent anywhere,

I have alts from captain to warlord and have been playing many years on every class at different times. I know the hardships as well as anyone.

Estherus wrote:
anyone who starts doing FM icies from magen to FM will get screwed by that +1 extra pent outside of the area.

Thats extremely broad and generalized. Also for FDM Ice Gargs slipping into mixed might be annoying, but no more or less than penting lt col and slipping into 2lt/col/major depends on where you were at the start of the previous solve.

Often times the "next area" doesn't mean anything. Just because the rank changes? so? Its about the physical distance between the pents and how closely they are clustered. How problematic or convenient this is.. well that differs based on the rank youre penting as well as how many are in pents (and their pent speeds). If you are solo penting you can plan your solves carefully enough for this not to be a major issue. If you are penting with someone else then all bets are off regardless of whether it is 6-11 or 5-12. Personally I favor SGM, 2LT, 1LT Top 5, lt col, brig, lt gen, FDM and baron UW top 5 for this reason as I am sure many others do.
Back to top Go down
altair

PostSubject: Re: Pent solve   Pent solve - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 6:58 am

Strange, you just listed all my favorite penting spots.  ;) 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pent solve   Pent solve - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pent solve
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2