Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!


....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....
 
HomePortalFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Dead game.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Motoko



Posts : 1229
Join date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Dead game.   Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:14 pm

Population is way down, what's going on?

I'd rather be kicked in the face repeatedly than watch this game's population continue the way it is.
Back to top Go down
Daddyonine



Posts : 91
Join date : 2011-12-07
Age : 31
Location : US

PostSubject: Re: Dead game.   Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:40 pm

well im actively looking for new players i got a new player to join a few days ago
Back to top Go down
Dakr



Posts : 223
Join date : 2011-06-19
Age : 30
Location : Pennsylvania, US

PostSubject: Re: Dead game.   Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:34 pm

Motoko wrote:
Population is way down, what's going on?

I'd rather be kicked in the face repeatedly than watch this game's population continue the way it is.

I could say what I feel it is, but it would only spark up frustration and hate split among 2 groups.
Back to top Go down
Motoko



Posts : 1229
Join date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Dead game.   Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:43 pm

Dakr wrote:
Motoko wrote:
Population is way down, what's going on?

I'd rather be kicked in the face repeatedly than watch this game's population continue the way it is.

I could say what I feel it is, but it would only spark up frustration and hate split among 2 groups.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. A forum is meant for discussion, good bad or indifferent, as long as rules arent broken what difference does it make.

Back to top Go down
Dakr



Posts : 223
Join date : 2011-06-19
Age : 30
Location : Pennsylvania, US

PostSubject: Re: Dead game.   Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:58 pm

Everything posted in this topic, minus the last 2-3 posts is mostly the reasons I feel no one is logging in.

http://aranock.forumotion.net/t2834-really-need-more-staff-more-active-staff-gods-development

Also there doesn't ever seem to be any improvement in the areas that need it the most, or anything being done/mentioned about them. I also rarely see any post from the gods when these discussions begin to say "well we are doing this, or we didn't get to fixing the umpteen bugs/glitches in fore court quests for last 4 months because of this" etc.
Back to top Go down
Motoko



Posts : 1229
Join date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Dead game.   Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:06 pm

Dakr wrote:
Everything posted in this topic, minus the last 2-3 posts is mostly the reasons I feel no one is logging in.

http://aranock.forumotion.net/t2834-really-need-more-staff-more-active-staff-gods-development

Also there doesn't ever seem to be any improvement in the areas that need it the most, or anything being done/mentioned about them.  I also rarely see any post from the gods when these discussions begin to say "well we are doing this, or we didn't get to fixing the umpteen bugs/glitches in fore court quests for last 4 months because of this" etc.

Yeah agreed, which is more or less what I already said in that thread, but it turned into a flame-fest and total digression.

Oh well, doesn't seem like much is going to change since I already posted about it and nothing has changed in the month that has passed since I posted it.
Back to top Go down
Thrice



Posts : 212
Join date : 2010-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Dead game.   Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:43 pm

I got banned for a period of time that has not yet been disclosed.

So fair to say my interest has decreased and the 3 friends I play with are no longer playing as I am not on.

So thats 4 ppl out of the picture.

Not using my ban as any justification for it to be reduced, just stating it may explain a small decrease.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Dead game.   Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:30 pm

Motoko wrote:
Dakr wrote:
Everything posted in this topic, minus the last 2-3 posts is mostly the reasons I feel no one is logging in.

http://aranock.forumotion.net/t2834-really-need-more-staff-more-active-staff-gods-development

Also there doesn't ever seem to be any improvement in the areas that need it the most, or anything being done/mentioned about them.  I also rarely see any post from the gods when these discussions begin to say "well we are doing this, or we didn't get to fixing the umpteen bugs/glitches in fore court quests for last 4 months because of this" etc.

Yeah agreed, which is more or less what I already said in that thread, but it turned into a flame-fest and total digression.

Oh well, doesn't seem like much is going to change since I already posted about it and nothing has changed in the month that has passed since I posted it.
I suggest putting down some money for a full time coder if you feel so strongly about it. Good Grief. Ya'll expect quite a lot from a volunteer staff whom lets you play their game for free. Crap attitudes and threads like this are just gonna further deter them from giving a dang.
Back to top Go down
Urdadi

avatar

Posts : 294
Join date : 2009-09-09
Location : yomama's

PostSubject: Re: Dead game.   Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:30 am

^^^ Amen brudda ^^^. As for me, I haven't played much lately cuz SXSW is going on. Too much free beer & entertainment to be playing games. Smile Even this super awesome freebie game.
Back to top Go down
Motoko



Posts : 1229
Join date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Dead game.   Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:09 am

Gambit wrote:
Motoko wrote:
Dakr wrote:
Everything posted in this topic, minus the last 2-3 posts is mostly the reasons I feel no one is logging in.

http://aranock.forumotion.net/t2834-really-need-more-staff-more-active-staff-gods-development

Also there doesn't ever seem to be any improvement in the areas that need it the most, or anything being done/mentioned about them.  I also rarely see any post from the gods when these discussions begin to say "well we are doing this, or we didn't get to fixing the umpteen bugs/glitches in fore court quests for last 4 months because of this" etc.

Yeah agreed, which is more or less what I already said in that thread, but it turned into a flame-fest and total digression.

Oh well, doesn't seem like much is going to change since I already posted about it and nothing has changed in the month that has passed since I posted it.
I suggest putting down some money for a full time coder if you feel so strongly about it. Good Grief. Ya'll expect quite a lot from a volunteer staff whom lets you play their game for free. Crap attitudes and threads like this are just gonna further deter them from giving a dang.

Lmao, the game has always run on a volunteer staff and has been successful, we have plenty of volunteer coders that are willing to help.

We don't even need a full time coder.

Also, based on your logic if things aren't working well it's best to just ignore the problem and hope it fixes itself. How is my attitude crap because I'm stating a fact? Sorry I care about the welfare of the game?

Btw, if the game had a population comparable to V2, i'd gladly pay to play. I'd also gladly donate if LL or ody made a thread and said "We desperately need money else X will happen"

Soooo...
Back to top Go down
Iktomi

avatar

Posts : 513
Join date : 2010-05-18
Age : 28
Location : Missouri

PostSubject: Re: Dead game.   Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:18 am

I've been extremely busy these past few weeks, but if you all were to get a topic going doing a quick recap of what you remember being broken I can more effectively get to them. This being said I would prefer things like the randomness of portals not be the focus of the conversation. I'll start the topic under bugs, called "Please look at..." and will check them off as they get accomplished or post more info about specifics with why it might take longer. Hopefully, this will make it easier for the builders to get to and more feedback oriented for players.
Back to top Go down
Dakr



Posts : 223
Join date : 2011-06-19
Age : 30
Location : Pennsylvania, US

PostSubject: Re: Dead game.   Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:12 pm

I was gonna post this paragraph under bugs topic but figured better here. Rant.

Even if you want to ignore the fact that Rahvins Castle quests are broken (The teleports there is no reason for it, I don't care what you say you can't give me a good reason for it.  And management has not tried to give a reason for it just saying they are there) which they are, Quest 4 has not worked right since its release and that's still not fixed; going on 6 months.  I mean if the castle quests were right and worked correctly don't you think people would be there doing them?  I am willing to bet you if you could track how much people have used the area I bet it is an abysmal number. Going through all the aggravation of the teleport madness. I mean it might just be me but I believe I remember seeing staffers/gods posting all over about how they want people to use the areas of the game that are released and not just ignored; well the castle quests will be forever ignored unless the random crap teleporting is removed. THERE IS NO REASON FOR IT.

Kind of but not really on the same page, the lost cave quest. How is that worth it? Spend 1-2 hours inside if you are lucky and get nothing possibly as the reward? The only reason 9/10 people enter that place is to get the stupid flower or whatever you need to unlock poison skill. While we are ignoring things that need to be fixed, make sure to put this on the list of things to ignore.

Abandoned town was release(?) then forgot about and not talked about now for like 3 months.  People finally did some professions work (apollo did) and found all these errors because it was pushed out before and then forgot about because no one did them because honestly it just isn't really worth it, the highest stat you can produce is +12 and you can farm them in ice pents very quickly if you really wanted to. The only profession I see worth it that you can't make something better of is alchemy because you actually have to go and farm the pots in the few spots they spawn.

I can just see this heading into a rutt like V3 and 3.5 are in right now. Astragon has not been seen or heard from for almost 6 months. There was a time when this server actually had more people playing it then they did, now going down this slope of pathetic communication and nothing getting done; asinine rules with no leeway whatsoever. People on this server are not 10 years old and need to be protected from the world, turn on your TV and you will hear/see worse stuff in 5 minutes then a whole day on here. The more you hold people down the more they are gonna leave, keep pushing and you will have no one playing anymore; sometimes I almost think that is what they are shooting for on here.
Back to top Go down
Dakr



Posts : 223
Join date : 2011-06-19
Age : 30
Location : Pennsylvania, US

PostSubject: Re: Dead game.   Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:27 pm

Gambit wrote:
Motoko wrote:
Dakr wrote:
Everything posted in this topic, minus the last 2-3 posts is mostly the reasons I feel no one is logging in.

http://aranock.forumotion.net/t2834-really-need-more-staff-more-active-staff-gods-development

Also there doesn't ever seem to be any improvement in the areas that need it the most, or anything being done/mentioned about them.  I also rarely see any post from the gods when these discussions begin to say "well we are doing this, or we didn't get to fixing the umpteen bugs/glitches in fore court quests for last 4 months because of this" etc.

Yeah agreed, which is more or less what I already said in that thread, but it turned into a flame-fest and total digression.

Oh well, doesn't seem like much is going to change since I already posted about it and nothing has changed in the month that has passed since I posted it.
I suggest putting down some money for a full time coder if you feel so strongly about it. Good Grief. Ya'll expect quite a lot from a volunteer staff whom lets you play their game for free. Crap attitudes and threads like this are just gonna further deter them from giving a dang.

I expect them to do it right if they are gonna do it.  I still have not gotten an answer to as why they want that *&$#ing random teleport $hit in the end of Rahvins Castle quest 1, or why are are any random teleports in those quests.  Like I said in above post, they clearly don't want people playing those areas or they would be more accessible and not make people want to leave the areas and ignore them for good.  Considering I can make a lot more xp in pents in the same time it takes to do castle quest 1, I am going to forgo the aggravation and just pent the night away.
By the way, I will always get around the filters.
Back to top Go down
Dakr



Posts : 223
Join date : 2011-06-19
Age : 30
Location : Pennsylvania, US

PostSubject: Re: Dead game.   Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:32 pm

Gambit wrote:
Motoko wrote:
Dakr wrote:
Everything posted in this topic, minus the last 2-3 posts is mostly the reasons I feel no one is logging in.

http://aranock.forumotion.net/t2834-really-need-more-staff-more-active-staff-gods-development

Also there doesn't ever seem to be any improvement in the areas that need it the most, or anything being done/mentioned about them.  I also rarely see any post from the gods when these discussions begin to say "well we are doing this, or we didn't get to fixing the umpteen bugs/glitches in fore court quests for last 4 months because of this" etc.

Yeah agreed, which is more or less what I already said in that thread, but it turned into a flame-fest and total digression.

Oh well, doesn't seem like much is going to change since I already posted about it and nothing has changed in the month that has passed since I posted it.
I suggest putting down some money for a full time coder if you feel so strongly about it. Good Grief. Ya'll expect quite a lot from a volunteer staff whom lets you play their game for free. Crap attitudes and threads like this are just gonna further deter them from giving a dang.

Since I am on topic and on a roll, another thing I would like to see would be a once/week post somewhere on forums just describing something short like; this week I couldn't get to any of the coding/bug fixes etc because I have been really busy with life. Something along those lines, the gods in general have really seemed to stop posting at all on forums except once in a while when it is something in bugs section that needs to be fixed. I would make a post about urdadi but that post might go off the page, because his list of excuses for not playing ever is just a copy/paste job off of word/notepad.
Back to top Go down
Urdadi

avatar

Posts : 294
Join date : 2009-09-09
Location : yomama's

PostSubject: Re: Dead game.   Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:43 am

Dakr wrote:


Even if you want to ignore the fact that Rahvins Castle quests are broken (The teleports there is no reason for it, I don't care what you say you can't give me a good reason for it.  And management has not tried to give a reason for it just saying they are there) which they are, Quest 4 has not worked right since its release and that's still not fixed; going on 6 months.  I mean if the castle quests were right and worked correctly don't you think people would be there doing them?  I am willing to bet you if you could track how much people have used the area I bet it is an abysmal number. Going through all the aggravation of the teleport madness.  I mean it might just be me but I believe I remember seeing staffers/gods posting all over about how they want people to use the areas of the game that are released and not just ignored; well the castle quests will be forever ignored unless the random crap teleporting is removed.  THERE IS NO REASON FOR IT.


they told you the reason for the random tellys, you just ignored them and kept on ranting.
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus



Posts : 483
Join date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Dead game.   Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:17 pm

I think people need to seriously shut it about this topic now. It has been the only topic discussed in the past 2 months and its getting annoying.

You think people who come to these forums will enjoy seeing that there is no dev time or support? This has exactly the opposed effect.
Back to top Go down
Motoko



Posts : 1229
Join date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Dead game.   Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:42 pm

Asmodeus wrote:
I think people need to seriously shut it about this topic now. It has been the only topic discussed in the past 2 months and its getting annoying.

You think people who come to these forums will enjoy seeing that there is no dev time or support? This has exactly the opposed effect.

I got the result I wanted (Ody's attention and a change was made to the forum), thus it was a successful post.

Seems to me this is a worthwhile topic.



Back to top Go down
Asmodeus



Posts : 483
Join date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Dead game.   Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:02 pm

One post is ok but to be honest, there is a severe number of recent posts that just naughty thing about the game. I agree with the general sense of it but I am thinking about a new player who signs up and all he can read is how this game is dead or lacks development. He will probably leave short after. Even if most issue then to hit mid to high end of the game.
Back to top Go down
Thrice



Posts : 212
Join date : 2010-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Dead game.   Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:14 pm

The reason the new player will leave shortly after is not because of forum posts. It's because he comes online needs help sees the likes of no admin or worse yet - blue, online and gets no assistance because well, no one is on or blue is afk for 95% of the time and is left to players to assist.

Rapid admin change over would bring greater numbers to the game if u ask me.
Back to top Go down
Thrice



Posts : 212
Join date : 2010-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Dead game.   Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:23 pm

Ps, why is blue admin? Has he done anything worth while in 3 years?

As an experienced player I have gone to him several times for help and got nothing. Only takes 1 time for a new player to call it quits
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Dead game.   

Back to top Go down
 
Dead game.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Click Me For New Forum  :: Game Chat :: General chat-
Jump to: