Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Running

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Iktomi

Iktomi

Running Empty
PostSubject: Running   Running Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 6:22 am

So I just got back into running after a few years that were injury filled. I thought I'd open a topic about running/fitness apps that you all use and other ways to help us support each other in our fitness endeavors. I've been searching for a running community similar to the one at Aranock, it would be great if they were the same!

I use:
Jawbone UP - Connects with a wristband similar to FitBit.
GymPact - Earn small amounts of money for doing workouts, recording food, and eating veggies.
Runkeeper - GPS tracker that gives most of the stats you would want to know.
Myfitnesspal - Food/calorie counter.
EveryMove - Earn points and spend them on gift cards, I use mine to donate $5 to the Make A Wish Foundation.

Back to top Go down
Cyrus

Cyrus

Running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running   Running Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 8:20 am

A good one for running is "Zombies, Run!", It basically turns your run into a zombie survival game using your phones accelerometer. I will give myfitnesspal a +1 as well because it's a great calorie counting app and I have a lot of my clients use it (I own a gym and I'm a personal trainer).
Back to top Go down
Thrice

Running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running   Running Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 8:45 am

second runkeeper
Back to top Go down
Motoko

Running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running   Running Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 6:21 pm

Forget the running as that is for girls and/or men who wear pink shirts.

Get an axe, go split some wood. Best workout you'll ever get, and you get free heat.

Back to top Go down
amanar

amanar

Running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running   Running Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 10:45 am

Lose it! is a great calorie counter app as well.

I run triathlons and am a certified personal trainer as well.... honestly I don't use any program to "help" me run, I just have a log book.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Running Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running   Running Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Running
Page 1 of 1