Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vote for char wipe

Go down 
+4
Kane
Diablo
bubblecathie
rmcin329@hotmail.com
8 posters

Should there be a char wipe?
Yes.
Vote for char wipe I_vote_lcap42%Vote for char wipe I_vote_rcap
 42% [ 8 ]
No.
Vote for char wipe I_vote_lcap58%Vote for char wipe I_vote_rcap
 58% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
rmcin329@hotmail.com

Vote for char wipe Empty
PostSubject: Vote for char wipe   Vote for char wipe Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 11:51 am

Here's a poll to see if people want one or not.
Back to top Go down

Vote for char wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote for char wipe   Vote for char wipe Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 7:55 pm

Why not just delete your moa if your for a character wipe? Same outcome.

Wanting this is not thinking about the people that don't play as much as some of you. It's not thinking about all of the community. Use your heads.
Back to top Go down
bubblecathie

bubblecathie

Vote for char wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote for char wipe   Vote for char wipe Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 9:07 am

I voted yes! let's all start over bounce
Back to top Go down
Diablo

Vote for char wipe Empty
PostSubject: A character wipe makes sense at this point   Vote for char wipe Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 8:27 pm

I agree with RM's post. It's past due for some clean up. I'd like a new challenge, a character wipe would attract more players and hopefully even new ones. I enjoy the game a lot still even today.
Back to top Go down
Kane

Vote for char wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote for char wipe   Vote for char wipe Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 3:01 pm

The reason I feel a char wipe would help is that the goal of the game atm is just do labs and maybe pent a bit. Alot of players wanted clans to have an end game reason to play but most of the clans atm are inactive. Ive seen a few players wanting to make a clan and waiting for a clan to self delete from no plat.
Theres some clans that dont even have any of the founding members in it, for example OOS was a clan created by Doom, myself, Ratheart and Drink. Mimi or whatever his name was ended up getting leader from Ratheart I think and booted everyone but Doom out. Doom got deleted from inactivity and a new player that inherited his ID (Yatana) ended up inheriting the clan lmao.
I dont even know the story of the other clans but i imagine some of them are also inactive.

In terms of PVP we have so little players so a char wipe would also encourage people to level and play if they want to pvp. That 2nd lt you killed as a major might be racing to colonel for some revenge, etc idk.
I heard theres some newer areas for low officers but people such as myself with nobles/high general characters wont even bother to go in there and if we do it will be trivial.

Maybe this can help bring whatever players we have left to play again and even if it didnt they werent playing as of now anyway.
We still need arch labs and I dont know why we havent received them after all this time.
Back to top Go down
bubblecathie

bubblecathie

Vote for char wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote for char wipe   Vote for char wipe Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 5:54 pm

Pretty much the same story for RDV clan. Haraking -> Kratos -> Cathy albino

Also make it so you HAVE to pick and join clan around Sergeant. More PVP, more people, more fun mouhaha bounce
Back to top Go down
Thrice

Vote for char wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote for char wipe   Vote for char wipe Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 3:41 am

unban me. I get under enough ppls skin that they want to clan fight me
Back to top Go down
Baldor

Vote for char wipe Empty
PostSubject: Delete your on alts - leave mine alone   Vote for char wipe Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 7:42 am

I have no idea how much time I have spent on this game but I have 2 Warlords a Baron and several other high ranking alts. If they get wiped I am outta here for sure. If you are not happy with the way this game is going talk to the people who run it. Leave my alts alone please!
Baldor
Atoal
Stump
Back to top Go down
bubblecathie

bubblecathie

Vote for char wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote for char wipe   Vote for char wipe Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 6:20 pm

Oh well, we tried.. No
byebye
Back to top Go down
Motoko

Vote for char wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote for char wipe   Vote for char wipe Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 6:25 pm

bubblecathie wrote:
Oh well, we tried..  No
byebye

byebye indeed
Back to top Go down
Aerie

Vote for char wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote for char wipe   Vote for char wipe Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 10:10 pm

As far as clans go, I think there are a few clans that got deleted because they ran out of plat to continue with rent. So being in a clan isn't really an issue, it's the matter of someone starting a new clan.

Character wiping is a 50/50 situation. Sure it might solve the problem of inactivity but it could also just make the game even more inactive than it already is (which I don't know how that's even possible given nobody even plays). There are some people who have never made it to Warlord or whatever high rank they've had before until now. And character wiping would just discourage them to come back.

In reality… the people who really play this game are all from back in the day with v2 and whatnot. We're not kids anymore and life just happens to get in the way. There's really no way of avoiding life. I honestly think the inactivity on this game is due to just everyone having to attend to their real lives and it leads to no time to really hop on the game anymore. There are just more important things than the game to attend to at the moment.

Just my thoughts Smile
Back to top Go down

Vote for char wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote for char wipe   Vote for char wipe Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 11:57 pm

Instead of a whole wipe why not have an alternate server for starting over. Could also use this new server for testing new features in the game.
Back to top Go down
Motoko

Vote for char wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote for char wipe   Vote for char wipe Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 6:40 am

Gambit wrote:
Instead of a whole wipe why not have an alternate server for starting over. Could also use this new server for testing new features in the game.

Would be nice but we dont have the people for even one server, nevermind two...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vote for char wipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote for char wipe   Vote for char wipe Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vote for char wipe
Page 1 of 1