Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

v2 Server: creating npcs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Faolan

Faolan

v2 Server: creating npcs Empty
PostSubject: v2 Server: creating npcs   v2 Server: creating npcs Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 4:51 pm

Hiya people.
I got my v2 server running after a bit of researching how everything worked Smile
I already know about the god mode thing and building, but I can't figure out how to populate a place I've built with enemies. I've tried the summon and thrall commands but it's not what I'm after.
I'm not used to C++ either.

Any clues? confused
Maybe I should just learn C++ and guess it myself Embarassed

EDIT: I'm guessing it has to do with the .cgi files but no idea what to do with those.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: v2 Server: creating npcs   v2 Server: creating npcs Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 7:43 am

Your guess is correct.

They are just C programs and need to be compiled.
Back to top Go down
Faolan

Faolan

PostSubject: Re: v2 Server: creating npcs   v2 Server: creating npcs Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 6:34 pm

Aren't they already-compiled files? (by the makefile)
I'm speaking of the ones in the cgi folder.

Also I think I'm supposed to run them on some kind of server, like apache. Kinda painful to configure though. bounce
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: v2 Server: creating npcs   v2 Server: creating npcs Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 5:10 am

They need to be configured to run on the same server as the main game and then recompiled.
Back to top Go down
Faolan

Faolan

PostSubject: Re: v2 Server: creating npcs   v2 Server: creating npcs Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 12:14 pm

Yup! Got it sorted out. Thank you kindly LL. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: v2 Server: creating npcs   v2 Server: creating npcs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

v2 Server: creating npcs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Click Me For New Forum  :: Game Chat :: General chat-
Jump to: