Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Necro balancing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Necro balancing Empty
PostSubject: Necro balancing   Necro balancing Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 9:18 pm

During the last gmoon I was at the start of Ice Pents. I had 171 str, 236ish mod sword and 255 res. 118? WV. yet my hits were only hitting for 1-3% per hit, this feels rather weak. I took off my gold 1h offhand sword for 12 WV and literally couldnt even see a difference in damage. My brig undead (as long as he isnt cursed) killed as fast or faster than I did, especially since he seems to crit more.

My blast I upped from 50 to 75 base and it still took roughly the same 10% per blast. I didn't track the actual HP damage, just too much spam and other stuff to be bothered trying to read that chat.

I have max (base) stealth/perception and was on dpot. This gave me around 205 Perception and 255 stealth. Yet I literally only had 2 steps in which to react in time and cast blind before the ice gargs could even see me. If I was walking on slow and didn't stop, that means they saw/tracked me and I would get caught in the swarm each time. Id wear OE, but then I wouldn't have enough mana to keep up with mana regen if I replaced prison ammy.

Now granted I may need more BWI for blast to be effective or to get that extra perception I need, but this doesnt explain how I raise 25 points of blast and still do near identical damage or why my melee damage seems so weak when it should be roughly comparable to an FDM seyan.

Also does the necro sword crit? Ive noticed the dual wield crits and poison AOE a fair amount, but just didnt happen to notice the regular crits. It could be my lack of paying attention though.
Back to top Go down

Necro balancing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necro balancing   Necro balancing Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 10:06 pm

Dieharder wrote:
My brig undead (as long as he isnt cursed) killed as fast or faster than I did, especially since he seems to crit more.
Not sure your complaint. You have a companion who does more damage than a AH gc.
Back to top Go down

Necro balancing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necro balancing   Necro balancing Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 10:24 pm

The 'complaint' or confusion rather, is how/why am I hitting so weakly. I know necros were designed by nature to be tanky and not heavy hitters, but it feels like the stats I am seeing are not reflecting what should be happening in game. Like my melee I would think should be hitting normally for more than 1% on a low end swing.

And how is it a brig GC can keep up with a fully geared magen on dpot who spelled up with rings? As for it doing more damage than an AH GC, well its still worthless in ice pents until youre too big to effectively need it. By the time my blind/c2/undead get high enough for him to be useful. I'm already practically unkillable. I had my spells run out but dpot stay on in ice pents earlier today as a Magen and I barely got roughed up. I survive great, I just hit like a wet noodle.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Necro balancing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necro balancing   Necro balancing Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 5:38 am

There have been a number of suggestions over time with respect to the Necromancer along the lines that they need more hit and less defence.

I will need to develop the capability to rebuilt a template and all characters associated without destroying them.
Back to top Go down
lurker

Necro balancing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necro balancing   Necro balancing Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 7:02 am

You could always add a work around. Adjust sword to give more wv and lower AV or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Motoko

Necro balancing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necro balancing   Necro balancing Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 7:17 am

The issue is that weapon value in general (and armor value) are both basically useless stats unless you have gigantic numbers.

The difference between 100 and 120 WV is negligible.

Back to top Go down
lurker

Necro balancing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necro balancing   Necro balancing Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 7:24 am

That is true, still 20 more damage. The other option is to add a check in void do_attack(int cn,int co,int surround).

And do some extra stuff depending on kindred. A number of adjustments that could be made there without affecting templates. Could add a fighting mod, similar to spell mod. So for necro could do something like when calculating his damage output give him a 1.05 weapon mod, and when calculating him being attacked give him a .95 weapon mod. Possibly a bit less of a difference but you get the idea.
Back to top Go down

Necro balancing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necro balancing   Necro balancing Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 12:57 pm

av/wv is about the only thing that doesnt get affected when cursed however. The less weapon mod you have the more valuable the av becomes.
Back to top Go down

Necro balancing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necro balancing   Necro balancing Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 9:55 pm

While I am thinking about it, under the heading of less defense. Resis should be reduced from 120 base to 105 IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Necro balancing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necro balancing   Necro balancing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Necro balancing
Page 1 of 1