Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Abandoned Town

Go down 
+11
Faolan
MarshMallowMan
Pooch
Motoko
Supaguard
lurker
Asmodeus
Thrice
bubblecathie
Bonney
Lordlava
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MarshMallowMan

Abandoned Town - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Town   Abandoned Town - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 8:53 am

i think that would be a better idea.

if some classes are slower at the normal Pents then maybe try and cater the new area to those classes. iam not really sure what classes are considered fast Penters and which ones are slow.

and if you cannot cater an area to a particular class, then you probably need to rebalance the classes or skills as their is an obvious imbalance.
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Town   Abandoned Town - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 12:49 pm

MarshMallowMan wrote:
i think that would be a better idea.

if some classes are slower at the normal Pents then maybe try and cater the new area to those classes. iam not really sure what classes are considered fast Penters and which ones are slow.

and if you cannot cater an area to a particular class, then you probably need to rebalance the classes or skills as their is an obvious imbalance.

Classes have had this for ages, can't really be fixed without destroying balance further.

Point is, the area exists. If it isn't similar to pents in exp/rate then it is worthless. Make it useful or scrap it is how I see it.
Back to top Go down
lurker

PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Town   Abandoned Town - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 1:03 pm

It does grant luck which pents doesn't. Not that luck is really too useful. Only matters it you die. Perhaps add some luck bonuses to make it more useful. And as LL said he would adjust their mana some. Also I think majors just needs a bit of rework make room 2 and 4 a tad smaller and 3 a bit bigger. The biggest issue in majors is room 3 being do small.
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Town   Abandoned Town - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 1:05 pm

lurker wrote:
It does grant luck which pents doesn't. Not that luck is really too useful. Only matters it you die. Perhaps add some luck bonuses to make it more useful. And as LL said he would adjust their mana some. Also I think majors just needs a bit of rework make room 2 and 4 a tad smaller and 3 a bit bigger. The biggest issue in majors is room 3 being do small.

Ya but the 30-50 luck I get per run is not that significant. Even mana is not that significant as the problem goes beyond that.
Back to top Go down
bubblecathie

bubblecathie

PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Town   Abandoned Town - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 9:05 pm

Hello, i went to try out the zone once again with my Warlord AH.
Few steps inside got me into a fight with Major General Ghosts with blast.
And then few steps further spawned high ranked Baron Skeletons.

I guess it's the first traps that spawns those monsters depending on your rank.

But this is wrong, Faolan walked by me and was also hostile to those skeletons.
I think the ma.gen ghosts were from somebody else.

Back to top Go down
Faolan

Faolan

PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Town   Abandoned Town - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 9:20 pm

bubblecathie wrote:
Hello, i went to try out the zone once again with my Warlord AH.
Few steps inside got me into a fight with Major General Ghosts with blast.
And then few steps further spawned high ranked Baron Skeletons.

I guess it's the first traps that spawns those monsters depending on your rank.

But this is wrong, Faolan walked by me and was also hostile to those skeletons.
I think the ma.gen ghosts were from somebody else.
Yep, monsters from traps seem to scale to your rank. MaGen ghosts were probably from me.

On a side note, I noticed the second room in major skeles had a single skeleton, then the next room had a big swarm of them. Not sure if intended or a temp bug but this could be balanced. Also, the door to the third room shouldn't be no sight because there always seems to be a skeleton in front of it, and you end up fighting 1 on 1 while the rest heal him and med. You can walk back but not all of the skeletons will follow you.

Just some thoughts. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Town   Abandoned Town - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 5:37 am

Oh we did move a wall.
Maybe the skeles are having a territorial demarcation dispute.
That will have to wait till the weekend to resolve.
Back to top Go down
Pooch

Pooch

PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Town   Abandoned Town - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 1:33 pm

Ok now i saw why the skellies and the spawn leak on the other side: the mobs walk on traps and theyget teled back to starting point outside the alley.

I also noticed a increse on exp revenue on areas but when i cleaned the area too fast ( can u do that?? ) as i got back in, the mobs werent spawned yet so had a free scroll just by walking thru the portal. Althou it sucked as the walk from the respawning point + empty room took 3 min and reward was a 3k scroll Razz

I think there could be few tweaks for the area to be potential penting alternative ( i know this was not intented as first but it has the potential!)

- remove traps from start alley and the mobs there, they take longer to kill than the Colonel ones lol
- move the respawn in centre to the town
- move the col and brig ports in the town aswell, the long walk with random mobs in way takes too long and kills the exp/h

I was running around 320-350K exp/h which is somewhat 2/3 what i can get on solopents with my col AH by alternating Maj and LtCol areas
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Town   Abandoned Town - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 4:30 am

I dream of having too many players and flooding the abandoned town.

Is this an issue or a potential issue?

If the town proved to be successful then I was considering extending it to higher ranks and maybe adding some truly rare and random items there.
Back to top Go down
Exodus

PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Town   Abandoned Town - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 6:29 am

i think people are realising its a nice change from pents, however the ranks are cloggy so there are instances when 2 or 3 people want to go and all want the same rank. other rewards would be nice such as rares etc Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Town   Abandoned Town - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 7:42 am

It is a nice change of pace but very few people will end up using it because it really isn't all that worth it past certain points or for certain races.
Back to top Go down
Exodus

PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Town   Abandoned Town - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 4:36 am

ranks don't seem to scale up well, cols significantly longer time to kill without much of an exp boost.

chests - potions are an annoying reward, increase chance of exp scroll (with more exp) would be better Very Happy

pole exp is about right for the 3 ive used.

random chance of the skeles dropping a rare item would be sweet Very Happy green belt is fairly annoying haha
Back to top Go down
Pooch

Pooch

PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Town   Abandoned Town - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 6:25 am

The 1k scrolls from brigs kills my exp/hour Very Happy atm tested on my Gen AT varies from 240k/490k per hour.. which is still less than pents but yea, nice change! Specially if i would need to share pents with 1/2 ppl (which would make penting significally slower for others Smile )
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Town   Abandoned Town - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 7:36 am

Exodus wrote:
ranks don't seem to scale up well, cols significantly longer time to kill
Majors and Lt Cols were dumbed down a bit by reducing mana so that they did not appear to perma heal. Not sure if they went down too much.

Was waiting for feedback on balance in Majors/Lt Cols before deciding whether to put them back up a bit of to lower the mana in the Cols/Brigs.
Back to top Go down
Exodus

PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Town   Abandoned Town - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 7:54 am

majors is perfect, lt col needs a little more mana, col needs a little less mana, haven't tried brigs
Back to top Go down
bubblecathie

bubblecathie

PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Town   Abandoned Town - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 1:51 pm

Sophitia wrote:
Any chance we could get an extra room of each rank? Sharing in this area is going to be problematic
I agree.

Since there's only one scroll reward per room, i mean why would you team up with someone? =/
Today all zones we're taken for hours.

Back to top Go down
MarshMallowMan

PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Town   Abandoned Town - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 6:01 pm

Now that most people aren't even leaving the area after finishing it and just going back and forth between rooms, it seems the exp is actually good. And all the problems with random teleport tiles and the really long walk dont exist if u never leave through the portal.

however what you will get is people sitting in those rooms forever and never seeing another soul. so i think you still should try and  have people go back to the courtyard.
Back to top Go down
Exodus

PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Town   Abandoned Town - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 5:24 am

the end portal reward is so bad its pointless, 1.5k? i can get that but killing 2 skeles ;P
Back to top Go down
Bill

PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Town   Abandoned Town - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 12:59 am

I really like abandoned town, but there's just not enough space for people usually. I end up having to go to a lower rank, and I kill them too fast then just stand around. It would be nice to have more rooms in each area, or more areas period.
Back to top Go down
sarkan

PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Town   Abandoned Town - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 1:52 am

seriously wtf is the point of those first lt skellies n ghost in the hallway? theyre annoying as hell and serves no purpose get rid of those scalliwags
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Town   Abandoned Town - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 4:50 am

sarkan wrote:
seriously wtf is the point of those first lt skellies n ghost in the hallway? theyre annoying as hell and serves no purpose get rid of those scalliwags

Should be removed!
Back to top Go down
Motoko

PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Town   Abandoned Town - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 2:47 pm

If Lordlava approves I can start building a Lt. gen and FDM rank area, I think thats enough.

Back to top Go down
bubblecathie

bubblecathie

PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Town   Abandoned Town - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 4:26 pm

you should also make the whole area contested like the Aranock inn.
will be easier for us to take over someone's room haha
Back to top Go down
Motoko

PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Town   Abandoned Town - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 6:56 pm

bubblecathie wrote:
you should also make the whole area contested like the Aranock inn.
will be easier for us to take over someone's room haha

Exploitable, you can cause real deaths by doing this.

Not gonna happen Razz
Back to top Go down
sarkan

PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Town   Abandoned Town - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 2:35 am

did the brig area 4-5 times and every time in the last room the skellies block the doorway... don't they know its rude to block? fix it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abandoned Town   Abandoned Town - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Abandoned Town
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next