Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New v2 server?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Spodi

New v2 server? Empty
PostSubject: New v2 server?   New v2 server? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 10:31 am

Edit:

I heard back from a lot of people surprisingly quick. Thanks for all the responses, and was good to see some old names. A lot of the responses I received were that they had no interest in another v2 server. It was what I was expecting, but I figured it was still worth a shot to ask before shelving it for good.

I'll leave it to Aranock to keep the legacy going. Smile

Last edited by Spodi on Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Motoko

New v2 server? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New v2 server?   New v2 server? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 3:25 pm

Realistically there aren't enough people to keep this server up, nevermind another...

However I do think you should be able to assist the admin of this server or perhaps "join forces" because I know you are quite the coder.

I like a lot of what you posted in terms of what is different, but not everything, IE the drug thing, drugs are easy enough to collect in this. I do like a lot of the other aspects though.

I would be interested in helping.
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

New v2 server? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New v2 server?   New v2 server? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 3:35 pm

I concur, not enough population to have 2 servers but merge would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Spodi

New v2 server? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New v2 server?   New v2 server? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 5:56 pm

Motoko wrote:
However I do think you should be able to assist the admin of this server or perhaps "join forces" because I know you are quite the coder.

I have offered in the past to help out here. LordLava claimed to have it all under control already, at least at that time.

Even if LordLava was interested in my help, last I played on Aranock (which was well over a year back), I did not find a lot of the staff pleasant to deal with. I would get scolded for writing word like "crap" and "damn". Or scolded when asking what the recommended rank was on one of the new areas since I didn't want to get insta-gibbed. And for some reason, people still insist on enforcing the "no helping outside of group range" rule, which was annoying enough 15 years ago with 60 people on - such a rule now makes this like a single-player game with chat.

So if I were to put any time into Aranock, I would want to see a lot less strict rules. It was a while ago, so maybe things are much different now. But none of that really even matters unless LordLava is interested in me working with him.

Motoko wrote:
I like a lot of what you posted in terms of what is different, but not everything, IE the drug thing, drugs are easy enough to collect in this.

I was more referring to vs. vanilla v2, not this server in particular. I believe I did find collection a bit tedious here as well, but that was more an issue of game speed - as in staying with the original speed of v2 is needlessly slow.
Back to top Go down

New v2 server? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New v2 server?   New v2 server? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 8:27 pm

Spodi, check your PM. The vanilla looks great. Server needs some work though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New v2 server? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New v2 server?   New v2 server? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New v2 server?
Page 1 of 1