Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ankh armor meditate

Go down 
+3
Lordlava
Motoko
sarkan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sarkan

ankh armor meditate Empty
PostSubject: ankh armor meditate   ankh armor meditate Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 4:04 am

it says +10 meditate on the ankh armor but when i equip it on my templar standing still for 2 minutes not 1 mana has regenerated, is this a bug or can someone explain what's happening?
Back to top Go down
Motoko

PostSubject: Re: ankh armor meditate   ankh armor meditate Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 5:11 am

Interesting... it never had meditate before but indeed when identified it says it does.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: ankh armor meditate   ankh armor meditate Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 6:30 am

Templars do not get meditate and it has no effect on them.

The one and only exception is if they have a staff in which case meditate and med mods will have an impact.
Back to top Go down
MarshMallowMan

PostSubject: Re: ankh armor meditate   ankh armor meditate Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 8:59 am

I think you guys should be very careful on creating mechanics on items that do not match the rest of the mechanics in the game.

the game is already incredibly noob unfriendly. your population comes from returning players basically.

having +mediate on an item, allowing it to be equipped by someone without mediate and not give the + meditate will confuse everyone.

I had an argument with one of your staff members yesterday about ankh armour, he didn't believe me that Templars didn't get meditate from it.

so if even your veteran players are confused.... you know your introducing bad mechanics into the game.
Back to top Go down
Pooch

Pooch

PostSubject: Re: ankh armor meditate   ankh armor meditate Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 9:34 am

MarshMallowMan wrote:
I think you guys should be very careful on creating mechanics on items that do not match the rest of the mechanics in the game.

the game is already incredibly noob unfriendly. your population comes from returning players basically.

having +mediate on an item, allowing it to be equipped by someone without mediate and not give the + meditate will confuse everyone.

I had an argument with one of your staff members yesterday about ankh armour, he didn't believe me that Templars didn't get meditate from it.

so if even your veteran players are confused.... you know your introducing bad mechanics into the game.

I' m quite sure it it thinked through.. staff will ad med mod and wearing ankh armor will make u med even more.. u need to remember ankh armor was a high end item when the game was introduced.. u were defenetly not a noob anymore if u had chance to get ankh armor.. introducing a item with with med reachable way sooner for temp should not confuse anyone..

what it comes with game beeing noob unfriendly, this is true.. but so was all other games in 90's dont remember having a tutorial mode in Doom etc. Thats wat make games intresting by setting a moderate challenge to it.. not like dozen of others games for ps4 etcwhich gets old in 2 weeks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ankh armor meditate   ankh armor meditate Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 9:51 am

There are different mods, bases, and skills items add.

The way it is in CGI on an item is almost the same as it is when you identify and item.

If at all possible, someone may write up a distinction between what stats are required for an item, what stats are modded (example: Soulstoned items), and what items actually GIVE the player a new skill. If you look at items that do this, you will see a difference in them.

I aggree with you on returning players, and I'm always open to give new players knowledge I have gained over the years.

Let's be proactive and not reactive.
Back to top Go down
sarkan

PostSubject: Re: ankh armor meditate   ankh armor meditate Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 5:34 pm

then how about wing boots giving the +30 stealth? doesn't every race get that when you equip it?

With regards to the ankh armor and staff having meditate; it's the same deal both adds meditate and both don't require the skill meditate to use them. Why is it that staff regens mana and ankh doesn't? scratch

Also i noticed in /axe the platinum axe and ice TH axe has the same WV at 86 or 88 but the ice TH requires a base of 90 TH or something absurd on top of maxing axe at 120 - the ice TH axe gives no other benefits that i know of?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ankh armor meditate   ankh armor meditate Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 6:02 pm

Every race had a hidden stealth (slow making this happen), it's just the mechanics of the game.

Every weapon is different. Why does DW cast poison but TH swords can't? Or why does everyone use axe and not TH anymore? Why would a AT choose DW over another skill that many agree is better? Answer : Preference.

I have to agree with Pooch on this one. This game is old and it has a lot of the same aura as the 90's games.

Trial and error is what games are missing these days, and that my friends is why we keep coming back.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: ankh armor meditate   ankh armor meditate Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 8:58 am

Temps and ATs do not get meditate and hence do not regenerate mana, regardless of what stats are on an item.
The fact that an item has +10 med does not stop a T or AT wearing it, it just does not do anything base med only works if your base med is > 0.

The one and only exception to this rule is if the T or AT is using a staff.
This is because I hard coded the exception as a special staff bonus.

Note that if an item has a min med > 0 then the T and AT will never be able to wear it.

Ice axe benefits are effectively the same as plat axe.
Players should not really be using ice axe as it is a quest item and is subject to auto deletion every time the server restarts.

There are parts of the game that are confusing for new and old players. To retrofit tutorials would be a major task.
We did add the training ground for brand new players although I am not sure that satisfies your concerns.

There is a wealth of information on the forum although the lack of a good search engine does hamper its usefulness.
Back to top Go down
sarkan

PostSubject: Re: ankh armor meditate   ankh armor meditate Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 5:40 pm

hard code the exception for ankh armor too then please Razz What a Face
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

PostSubject: Re: ankh armor meditate   ankh armor meditate Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 8:52 pm

sarkan wrote:
hard code the exception for ankh armor too then please Razz What a Face

lol makes staff utterly useless for temps
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: ankh armor meditate   ankh armor meditate Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 8:34 am

Staff will be the only item to give Temps meditate.
Back to top Go down
Urdadi

Urdadi

PostSubject: Re: ankh armor meditate   ankh armor meditate Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 12:18 pm

Can Wands get the hard-coded exception for concentrate? It would be cool if redcapes could use a wand and get slightly cheaper spells.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: ankh armor meditate   ankh armor meditate Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 11:02 am

Would a warr really give up their sword for a wand?
Back to top Go down
Pooch

Pooch

PostSubject: Re: ankh armor meditate   ankh armor meditate Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 11:31 am

my warr use wand on switch for spellups Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ankh armor meditate   ankh armor meditate Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 12:58 pm

While your at it, hard-code shield to give magic shield. LOL.
Back to top Go down
Urdadi

Urdadi

PostSubject: Re: ankh armor meditate   ankh armor meditate Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 12:11 pm

Lordlava wrote:
Would a warr really give up their sword for a wand?

I like to stun/blast/stun on my Seyan sometimes but its very mana intensive, this is why I was a lil disapointed the first time I got a wand because it looked like I was gonna get a lil bit of conc. (0 requirement, +x conc.) Warriors and Seyans could use wands for stun/run penting. AT's could use a little less mana for spellups and switch back to staff to med. I'm sure that we all would still carry our preferred weapons but a lil conc might encourage more wand use.
Back to top Go down
Urdadi

Urdadi

PostSubject: Re: ankh armor meditate   ankh armor meditate Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 12:16 pm

Limitless wrote:
While your at it, hard-code shield to give magic shield. LOL.
I think an active spell like MS could be OP especially for sorcerors but speaking of shields, they are supposed to give +regen with 0 requirement but you need to have some base first cuz AH's don't get the regen they "paid" for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ankh armor meditate   ankh armor meditate Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ankh armor meditate
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Click Me For New Forum  :: Game Chat :: Bugs-
Jump to: