Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is the Server down?

Go down 
+2
Asmodeus
Jsohmywah
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jsohmywah

Is the Server down? Empty
PostSubject: Is the Server down?   Is the Server down? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 3:47 pm

Joshmy here. It says "could not establish connection" when i try to connect. Is the server down at the moment?
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

PostSubject: Re: Is the Server down?   Is the Server down? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 3:51 pm

Jsohmywah wrote:
Joshmy here. It says "could not establish connection" when i try to connect. Is the server down at the moment?

No we are all online, seems you probably got banned Razz

No it's down!
Back to top Go down
Jsohmywah

PostSubject: Re: Is the Server down?   Is the Server down? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 3:54 pm

hum thats strange.. I haven't done anything to get banned... if admin could let me know please?
Back to top Go down
Motoko

PostSubject: Re: Is the Server down?   Is the Server down? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 4:06 pm

Jsohmywah wrote:
hum thats strange.. I haven't done anything to get banned... if admin could let me know please?

He was kidding you arent banned lol
Back to top Go down
Jsohmywah

PostSubject: Re: Is the Server down?   Is the Server down? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 4:08 pm

Lol cheers for clearing that up for me Wink is there any reason i wouldn't be able to connect? its been fine for the last couple of days
Back to top Go down
Motoko

PostSubject: Re: Is the Server down?   Is the Server down? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 4:09 pm

Server is down for everyone, it will be up when lordlava is here.
Back to top Go down
Jsohmywah

PostSubject: Re: Is the Server down?   Is the Server down? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 4:11 pm

Asmodeus wrote:
Jsohmywah wrote:

No it's down!

Haha i missed that last little bit!
Back to top Go down
Jsohmywah

PostSubject: Re: Is the Server down?   Is the Server down? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 4:17 pm

Anyway.. how was the staff event today?
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

PostSubject: Re: Is the Server down?   Is the Server down? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 4:38 pm

Jsohmywah wrote:
Asmodeus wrote:
Jsohmywah wrote:

No it's down!

Haha i missed that last little bit!

Hah did I shave years off your life ?! Smile
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Is the Server down?   Is the Server down? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 11:05 pm

Sorry lads and lasses.

I was not able to get to the forum to respond.

I noticed the server was down and restarted it from my phone.
If anyone who was online at the time noticed that it crashed immediately after they did something then please let me know.
Back to top Go down
MarshMallowMan

PostSubject: Re: Is the Server down?   Is the Server down? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 10:47 am

Sad down again.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Is the Server down?   Is the Server down? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 5:01 am

Brought it back up again from my phone but not able to get to the forum till I got home.

One astute player has noticed the possible cause and I will fix it tonight.

My apologies for recent instability.
Back to top Go down
MarshMallowMan

PostSubject: Re: Is the Server down?   Is the Server down? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 8:38 pm

question. are you also able to get it to notify you on your phone when its down? or do u have to manually check?
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Is the Server down?   Is the Server down? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 10:54 pm

Server is back up.

I manually check it about 4 times a day.
Generally the server has been very stable.

Just recently there have been 4 crashes, one of which I have been able to explain and fix the cause from one.

90% of bugs are caused when a player does something, uses an item, touches something, walks on something, uses some command etc.
The crash will normally happen very shortly afterwards.
If the log messages are written after the action has occurred then there will be no reference in the log for me to track down.
In this case I need to rely on the player to provide feedback and often then I can recreate it.

Some crashes are also caused by actions of NPC or when an NPC or item gets corrupted.
These are more difficult to find as there are few logs of what NPCs do and no logs of what an item does ....

What I need is players to be observant and remember what they did exactly then the server went down.
If it is a player initiated action and they advise me then there is some hope to be able to identify and resolve the issue.

Back to top Go down
lurker

PostSubject: Re: Is the Server down?   Is the Server down? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 7:22 pm

Not sure if related, but the server keeps kicking players. Iris and I were on was about 9:20pm EST, and we kept getting game crashes about every minute or so. Something weird is going on.
Back to top Go down
MarshMallowMan

PostSubject: Re: Is the Server down?   Is the Server down? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 10:09 pm

ya i crashed at 3 different times. just walking around town. i believe one of the times i crashed i was the only one online, and i was just walking around so it wasn't me.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Is the Server down?   Is the Server down? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 5:37 am

It just so happens that I was doing some testing on the new area and managed to make the server crash occasionally (but not all of the time).

After many repeat efforts and a lot of debugging, I have discovered the symptoms of a bug that passed an invalid character id to the do_char_killed routine. Like most of the code, this routine did not check that the character id being passed to it was invalid and hence tried to map to a character out of range and the server crashed with a segmentation fault.

There appeared to be more than one problem and I have not found the root cause, but the trap I put in will at least give an error message and stop the crash.

The original cause of the corrupted map characteristics is still unknown but I will occasionally have a look when I am feeling bored.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the Server down?   Is the Server down? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is the Server down?
Page 1 of 1