Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting client to play in Win10 with recent zip file

Go down 
+2
Lordlava
Nailbender
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nailbender

Getting client to play in Win10 with recent zip file Empty
PostSubject: Getting client to play in Win10 with recent zip file   Getting client to play in Win10 with recent zip file Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2015 9:26 pm

Recently I had some rounds getting the game client to run on an old laptop after I upgraded it to Win10. It was suggested that I post what I found out, and how I ultimately got things to work.

I downloaded the most recent .zip file from the website, and it contained a folder for "fix1" and "fix2". I hit "unpack all" and tried to run the client. It crashed. I read the "readme" file in fix2 and moved the files from that folder to main game folder. Game ran with terrible fps. I moved the files from the fix one folder in and had the same problem. I spent days trying to figure out what was wrong that I couldn't turn off (or even access a switch for) activex acceleration.

Then it occurred to me that I had both fixes in the folder at the same time. I deleted the game folder and unpacked the .zip file again. This time I deleted the "fix1" subfolder, moved the files from fix2 to the main folder and ran the client. Bad fps. I deleted the game folder and repeated the procedure using "fix1" and deleting the 'fix2" subfolder. Game ran perfectly.

My assumption is, that if you unpack both fix1 and fix2 it provides a working version of activex, turns off acceleration, then turns it back on again. So you need to have only one fix in place, and it needs to be the right one for your system.

Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Getting client to play in Win10 with recent zip file   Getting client to play in Win10 with recent zip file Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2015 11:58 pm

Thanks Nailbender.
I use Fix1 and Fix2 does not work for me but does work for others.

My suspicion is that this is related to the type of graphics card that you have.
Back to top Go down
Labfiveonly

PostSubject: Re: Getting client to play in Win10 with recent zip file   Getting client to play in Win10 with recent zip file Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 12:11 am

So the huge drop on FPS is due to this? Graphics problem?

I also have Wn10 and I tried installing the new version I downloaded a couple minutes ago.

First of all it denied the entrance to the new Ip, so I allowed it.

Entered the game and after 3-5 seconds black screen became the normal game screen, although it looks like it loaded properly, I can't move, or well I can but it takes like 1 minute to "follow" each one of my mouse clicks or keyboard inputs.

I tried copying the files from fix 1 outside of their folder into the aranock.exe folder (main folder), and it did nothing.

Deleted them.

I then proceeded to copy fix 2 files outside of their folder into the aranock.exe folder (main folder), and it did nothing.

I thought it was internet problem at some point, you know, lag spikes because obviously I can't fetch data, but, the character doesn't turn gray from lag spikes. I am also streaming another game and the FPS and PING looked pretty good.

So, I believe it is not a connection problem.

Any idea?

Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Getting client to play in Win10 with recent zip file   Getting client to play in Win10 with recent zip file Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 3:52 am

Does Win 10 allow XP Compatibility mode?
With one of the two fixes?
Back to top Go down
legacy

PostSubject: Re: Getting client to play in Win10 with recent zip file   Getting client to play in Win10 with recent zip file Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 12:48 am

Hey LL ^^^ No compatibility mode just throws up graphics errors.

The only way I got Merc to work on Windows 10 is to download the d3d windows viewer, disable direct x 8 and run in a 50 x 50 window (which is more like 800 x 600 or 1024 x 760).

I will write a guide with screenshots tonight or tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Labfiveonly

PostSubject: Re: Getting client to play in Win10 with recent zip file   Getting client to play in Win10 with recent zip file Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 1:17 am

Actually it works now with out making it compatible and just by adding folder 1 files.

It runs with out huge spikes.

But, the screen size is quite small.
Back to top Go down
Odysseus

Odysseus

PostSubject: Re: Getting client to play in Win10 with recent zip file   Getting client to play in Win10 with recent zip file Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 5:35 am

Ok, Ive had lousy experience in getting Aranock to work for me, even with the previous direct draw fixes. I play on a boot camped version of windows 10 on an Imac computer with intel chips and AMD graphics so you can imagine its been....a headache!

I finally have it working with the newest Direct Draw fix 1 , but ONLY when i also selected the option to run in 640 x 480 screen resolution in addition to running it as administrator and under XP service pack 2 settings or the game simply crashes out stating a strange directdraw compatibility error

Could those who were unsuccessful with their fixes try this too?
Right click on the app launcher and click properties and go to the compatibility tab to see the option to change screen resolution.

Goodluck!
Back to top Go down
Pentagrolm

PostSubject: Re: Getting client to play in Win10 with recent zip file   Getting client to play in Win10 with recent zip file Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 2:25 am

Ody, Try "Crossover" That's how I play on my macbook pro..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting client to play in Win10 with recent zip file   Getting client to play in Win10 with recent zip file Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting client to play in Win10 with recent zip file
Page 1 of 1