Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Death traps

Go down 
+4
Gambit
Asmodeus
Limitless
Bill
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Motoko

Death traps Empty
PostSubject: Death traps   Death traps Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 12:51 pm

I'd like to change these so they don't kill you every day, rather you get a save if you have enough luck, however it will reduce your luck by more than 50% as a regular save does.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Bill

Death traps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death traps   Death traps Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 1:08 pm

Motoko wrote:
I'd like to change these so they don't kill you every day, rather you get a save if you have enough luck, however it will reduce your luck by more than 50% as a regular save does.

Thoughts?

Given the overall uselessness of luck, I'd go for this, as it's still preferable to an actual death.
Back to top Go down
Limitless

Death traps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death traps   Death traps Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 3:19 pm

I like the idea, go for it.
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

Death traps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death traps   Death traps Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 3:47 pm

No issue from me. Given the rarity of deaths from these traps... Also will reduce stress in places like tower where people actually can lose all their gear if they die and no one can make it up fast enough.
Back to top Go down
Lazywarrior

Death traps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death traps   Death traps Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 4:12 pm

I like this idea, I've seen people ragequit from tower 19 so many times not even knowing u can't get saved from death traps, and many other times in other areas people die to them not even knowing why.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Death traps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death traps   Death traps Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 6:46 pm

This is an older school game I think some extreme element of risk should be left in. Even easily avoidable risk.
Back to top Go down
Motoko

Death traps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death traps   Death traps Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 6:51 pm

Gambit wrote:
This is an older school game I think some extreme element of risk should be left in. Even easily avoidable risk.

Keep in mind - I want this change to be made prior to me releasing my new areas because, well, they will be very hard, and people will die.

Back to top Go down
Lazywarrior

Death traps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death traps   Death traps Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 7:06 pm

Gambit wrote:
This is a risk a lot of people don't even know about, and quit the game over when they lose everything to it.
Back to top Go down
Limitless

Death traps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death traps   Death traps Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 9:05 pm

I'd rather see spike traps in the area and make spike traps the same way your saying can cause a save instead.
Back to top Go down
amanar

amanar

Death traps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death traps   Death traps Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 10:24 pm

Motoko wrote:
Gambit wrote:

Keep in mind - I want this change to be made prior to me releasing my new areas because, well, they will be very hard, and people will die.

Omg that area. I vote yes to this change..

btw, you still owe me two pieces of prison gear from that area..... lol
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Death traps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death traps   Death traps Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 3:50 am

Death traps always bugged me right back to 1999 or so when I was first introduced to them.

This is being tested and will go live when I next update the production server.

Death traps now consider luck when determining how dead you really are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Death traps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death traps   Death traps Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death traps
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Click Me For New Forum  :: Game Chat :: Town Square-
Jump to: