Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seyan Bless

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bill

Seyan Bless Empty
PostSubject: Seyan Bless   Seyan Bless Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 7:49 pm

My seyan has 300 mod bless, but only gets 284 power. Tested by casting on myself, recasting on myself and casting on Nyan.

300*.95=285, as I'm sure you know.

This 1 spell power is without a doubt a game changer.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Seyan Bless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seyan Bless   Seyan Bless Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 5:53 am

Hypothesis (without testing).

The spell power is based on the mod skill of the caster.
This is then modified by the racial modifier (in this case 0.95).

The calculation is done in a decimal calculation and truncated to an integer (not rounded).
If any part of the calculation gets truncated then you can lose a point. e.g. 284.999 = 284.
Back to top Go down
Limitless

Seyan Bless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seyan Bless   Seyan Bless Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 1:44 pm

I think he means with it being so low of a bless power compared to other races it makes a huge impact on the rest of a seyans skills.
Back to top Go down
Bill

Seyan Bless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seyan Bless   Seyan Bless Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 2:34 pm

Lordlava wrote:
Hypothesis (without testing).

The spell power is based on the mod skill of the caster.
This is then modified by the racial modifier (in this case 0.95).

The calculation is done in a decimal calculation and truncated to an integer (not rounded).
If any part of the calculation gets truncated then you can lose a point.  e.g. 284.999 = 284.

I think I understand what you're saying, but I don't understand where the decimal is being introduced? The equation should yield a whole number, 285, not anything with a decimal.
Back to top Go down
Labfiveonly

Seyan Bless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seyan Bless   Seyan Bless Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 1:16 am

I believe integers only show as a whole numbers, in this case as LL said, 284.999 = 284 because it does not exceed 284. it could be 284.999999999999999999 and so on, but it is still not 285, even if it only needs 0.1 or 0.001 or 0.001, etc... to reach the next whole number.
Back to top Go down
Bill

Seyan Bless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seyan Bless   Seyan Bless Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 5:33 am

Labfiveonly wrote:
I believe integers only show as a whole numbers, in this case as LL said, 284.999 = 284 because it does not exceed 284. it could be 284.999999999999999999 and so on, but it is still not 285, even if it only needs 0.1 or 0.001 or 0.001, etc... to reach the next whole number.

I understand this, but again, the number is in fact 285 even with no decimal attached. The number is obtained by multiplying 300 (my bless mod) by .95 (seyan spell modifier)

Maybe it's beyond me, I don't know. Either way I was mostly joking about it being a big deal, but thought I'd report it in any case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Seyan Bless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seyan Bless   Seyan Bless Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seyan Bless
Page 1 of 1