Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!


....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....
 
HomePortalFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Gpot chest timer change

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Asmodeus



Posts : 483
Join date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Gpot chest timer change   Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:02 pm

So lets have some constructive criticism here...

1. A change so significant should have had some player input but as with most changes, no consultation. I would of hoped that something that can potentially affect the balance and progression. Again though, this is not an obligation but I really thought that this was a step the admin team would take.

2. Why was this added? It was easy to get drugs? Well you really only affect low players who will no longer have access to easy drugs. I would rather not play than have to farm u2. I am pretty sure a lot of players are in the same situation.

3. This change does not seem to support any need the community has. No one ever asked for drugs to be more restricted. No one say a problem with being able to fill up on drugs. Especially since most people can't even access the 8 easy gpot chests. I don't know how you reached that 38 or so number but I can only think of like 13-14 chests that consistently drop gpots. Some might be RNG but in terms of farmable potions there are only like 8-9 and no one does all of them in one go. 

I am just disappointed with the lack of insight this change has. It really seems like the admin team associate difficulty with grind and tedium. In the long run, people will probably not care about this but when we are having a wonderful player boom, why does the dev team think that its appropriate to make the game more tedious? Am I the only one that thinks that we should make this server attractive to players. I don't think I would be content going to chests every so often and finding them empty because someone took it 5 hours ago. Think it is unfair for those who actively play instead of temple sit. 

I hope this was within the confines of good taste.
Back to top Go down
Twinsix



Posts : 259
Join date : 2012-10-13
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Gpot chest timer change   Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:44 pm

I'm sure this change will encourage people to play. ;-)
Back to top Go down
Bill



Posts : 79
Join date : 2015-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Gpot chest timer change   Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:21 pm

I've got to agree, I don't like this change and it serves no purpose but to add more tedium to the game. People who are of a rank that they should be farming u2 weren't going to get these chests. People that were high enough to get them can farm u3 for 2 hours worth of drugs just as fast as they could get 4 gpots if they wanted drugs appropriate for their rank. The gpot chests were a nice alternative if you didn't feel like running through underground.

What's really lovely is running prison now. Almost all you got for your trouble before were the drugs. Greps are nice, but after 4 runs I have enough to last me quite a while so even they're useless. The end reward is useless 9 times out of 10 since the armor pieces are so rare and you have a low chance of even getting the area you want. So essentially, all you were getting was the drugs most of the time.

I could see changing the easier ones like LV or mountains, but prison and ice nest? Those aren't high traffic areas, and you have to be a high enough rank that you can basically just walk through u2 in your sleep, so why bother?

All you've really done is make it so it's a waste of time to check the chests since they're going to be empty far more often. People who might have hung around for an hour or two penting or whatever else after getting the chests are now just going to log off annoyed. People who don't like doing underground probably aren't going to log back on. In v2 there was an economy, once you were high enough rank that u2 was trivial you could just buy your gpots, that isn't really a viable option given the small player base here.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

avatar

Posts : 3955
Join date : 2009-08-23
Location : The Land Down Under

PostSubject: Re: Gpot chest timer change   Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:35 pm

In the early days gpots were rare and generally slow to get with the prime source being U2.
Gradually successive builders have added chests that give gpots and some that give mixtures including gpots to such an extent that there are now too many in game to count.
There has been discussions over a long period of time that pots were too readily available and i chose now to implement the change.
in general gpot only chests were increased significantly and muxed chests much less so.
I did count the chests but i can not be sure i got them all.

Having said that and explained the reasons, i am still open to suggestions short of making gpots readily available for all.

I really did not discriminate on location so if there are chests in places like the prison that are fairer if changed again then let me know.

It is not a matter of not consulting as there are many hundreds of things that i change without consulting.
We are trying to advise changes so that you are aware of significant changes like this one.
if i get it wrong, and i will from time to time, then i can amend and move on.

You know my objective.
if there are chests that really should be quicker again then let me know which ones.
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus



Posts : 483
Join date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Gpot chest timer change   Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:30 am

Lordlava wrote:
In the early days gpots were rare and generally slow to get with the prime source being U2.
Gradually successive builders have added chests that give gpots and some that give mixtures including gpots to such an extent that there are now too many in game to count.
There has been discussions over a long period of time that pots were too readily available and i chose now to implement the change.
in general gpot only chests were increased significantly and muxed chests much less so.
I did count the chests but i can not be sure i got them all.

Having said that and explained the reasons, i am still open to suggestions short of making gpots readily available for all.

I really did not discriminate on location so if there are chests in places like the prison that are fairer if changed again then let me know.

It is not a matter of not consulting as there are many hundreds of things that i change without consulting.
We are trying to advise changes so that you are aware of significant changes like this one.
if i get it wrong, and i will from time to time, then i can amend and move on.

You know my objective.
if there are chests that really should be quicker again then let me know which ones.

No one likes this change. No one that really plays anyway. As another player stated, if you did infact play this game you would realize that out of those 38 gpot or possible gpot chests only 6 are really used. The rest are not very used but of course you don't have metric for that. Blanket nerfs are better. 

Here are my suggestions;

Change ice nest back to 1hour respawn. Change prison to 30 minute respawns. Make rest between 2-4 hours. 

Add a timer on all gpot/rpot chests to say in real time when they respawn. Or add a gpot command that stats time til respawn. There is nothing more frustrating then logging to fully looted chests and no idea who took last. Just as previously stated, people who used to log for an hour or two to do their runs and chat just won't anymore. 

To me this change is another nail in the coffin. It serves no real purpose except create more frustration with the game. The people who really play and pent and do activities are punished while those that troll forums or log on to refresh don't care. I have yet to find one player who approves of both idea and implementation of it. 

Anyway, to be honest, this is another reason for me to spend less time in game. If I want to be frustrated, I have FPS games galore on my steam account.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

avatar

Posts : 3955
Join date : 2009-08-23
Location : The Land Down Under

PostSubject: Re: Gpot chest timer change   Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:49 am

Asmodeus wrote:
Change ice nest back to 1hour respawn. Change prison to 30 minute respawns.
You have to work for these chests so that sounds fair.

Asmodeus wrote:
Add a timer on all gpot/rpot chests to say in real time when they respawn
This would probably need to apply to all chests as it would be more difficult to specify gpots or rpots.
Is there any real down side in this.
Sounds like a good idea.

Asmodeus wrote:
if you did infact play this game
I may actually play more than you realise although quite possibly not as much as you or a few select souls.
Back to top Go down
LegionOfPandas

avatar

Posts : 97
Join date : 2015-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Gpot chest timer change   Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:04 am

My only suggestion with regards to chest respawns is to make it an approximate timer. Knowing exactly when a chest is going to respawn will encourage camping chests to steal the spawns right as they pop.
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus



Posts : 483
Join date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Gpot chest timer change   Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:41 pm

I dont see the issue, everyone can camp a chest. Also given a possible 4hour timer, may allow for rotations. If you take away availability at least give the opportunity to plan out.

If none of it possible it just makea it frustrating which is what you shouldnt want.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

avatar

Posts : 3955
Join date : 2009-08-23
Location : The Land Down Under

PostSubject: Re: Gpot chest timer change   Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:05 am

Timers added to "look" on chest style items as a trial.

It will have a look at the individual chests in game a make some changes over the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Damoose



Posts : 13
Join date : 2016-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Gpot chest timer change   Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:57 am

I am one of those people that like to temple sit a lot. And maybe that's why i don't have a toon able to farm even u2 for gpots, but after hearing all the controversy(for lack of a better word) it makes me a little less inclined to rank up if all I'm ever really going to be able to farm reliably is rpots.
Back to top Go down
LegionOfPandas

avatar

Posts : 97
Join date : 2015-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Gpot chest timer change   Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:59 am

Damoose wrote:
I am one of those people that like to temple sit a lot. And maybe that's why i don't have a toon able to farm even u2 for gpots, but after hearing all the controversy(for lack of a better word) it makes me a little less inclined to rank up if all I'm ever really going to be able to farm reliably is rpots.

Dont mind my scrubber ducky of a baby brother. He needs a diaper change.
Back to top Go down
Damoose



Posts : 13
Join date : 2016-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Gpot chest timer change   Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:02 am

Lets add something constructive mmkay?
Back to top Go down
Oldhaus



Posts : 64
Join date : 2015-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Gpot chest timer change   Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:25 pm

Asmodeus wrote:
So lets have some constructive criticism here...

1. A change so significant should have had some player input but as with most changes, no consultation. I would of hoped that something that can potentially affect the balance and progression. Again though, this is not an obligation but I really thought that this was a step the admin team would take.

2. Why was this added? It was easy to get drugs? Well you really only affect low players who will no longer have access to easy drugs. I would rather not play than have to farm u2. I am pretty sure a lot of players are in the same situation.

3. This change does not seem to support any need the community has. No one ever asked for drugs to be more restricted. No one say a problem with being able to fill up on drugs. Especially since most people can't even access the 8 easy gpot chests. I don't know how you reached that 38 or so number but I can only think of like 13-14 chests that consistently drop gpots. Some might be RNG but in terms of farmable potions there are only like 8-9 and no one does all of them in one go. 

I am just disappointed with the lack of insight this change has. It really seems like the admin team associate difficulty with grind and tedium. In the long run, people will probably not care about this but when we are having a wonderful player boom, why does the dev team think that its appropriate to make the game more tedious? Am I the only one that thinks that we should make this server attractive to players. I don't think I would be content going to chests every so often and finding them empty because someone took it 5 hours ago. Think it is unfair for those who actively play instead of temple sit. 

I hope this was within the confines of good taste.

Agreed
Back to top Go down
Offended



Posts : 28
Join date : 2016-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Gpot chest timer change   Fri May 13, 2016 11:57 pm

Lordlava wrote:
Asmodeus wrote:
Change ice nest back to 1hour respawn. Change prison to 30 minute respawns.
You have to work for these chests so that sounds fair.

Ice Nest is still 2 hours... Just sayin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Gpot chest timer change   

Back to top Go down
 
Gpot chest timer change
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Click Me For New Forum  :: Game Chat :: Town Square-
Jump to: