Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pents

Go down 
+7
Pooch
amanar
Asmodeus
legacy
Zidane
Motoko
Lazywarrior
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Zidane

Pents Empty
PostSubject: Pents   Pents Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 7:34 am

here is just a thought I have had while penting. Does anyone else feel like the more people that are penting the more exp you should get? At the moment if your in pents solo your getting every solve bonus meaning more exp then if there is others penting. Thought I would get others opinions on weather or not it should be like this or is there an easy fix to make it so the more people in pents the better it is for everyone in there? Never know could get people shouting out Pent calls again!
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

Pents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pents   Pents Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 7:41 am

10/10

For me, if someone is penting I recall because unless im super focused I will lose exp/h and dont want that. Logic is not fullproof but I like solo pents.
Back to top Go down
Lazywarrior

Pents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pents   Pents Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 8:02 am

I agree as well, I refuse to pent with others because its painfully slower.
Back to top Go down
Motoko

Pents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pents   Pents Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 8:46 am

Problem is folks penting is easier than ever before, classes are stronger, more items, more drugs in game, and underwater pents are insane amounts of experience.

Thus increasing experience rates in pents, and in general, I am not too keen about.

Back to top Go down
Zidane

Pents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pents   Pents Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 8:57 am

i never said anything about increasing experience in pents, i agree with you
Back to top Go down
Motoko

Pents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pents   Pents Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 9:13 am

Zidane wrote:

?? I am confused then, you said more people penting, more exp you get?
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

Pents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pents   Pents Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 9:56 am

Motoko wrote:
Problem is folks penting is easier than ever before, classes are stronger, more items, more drugs in game, and underwater pents are insane amounts of experience.

Thus increasing experience rates in pents, and in general, I am not too keen about.

Most of these points a fallacious and yield very small amounts of popular consensus. 

This idea would affect very little in real world situations given how few people tend to pent at the same time. To get more into what he appears to have said. He wanted a bonus to pents based on people inside them. That does not increase exp rate directly, it makes it more even when opposed to solo pents which are ideal for most races. If you do not solve you lose considerable exp/h even if speed may increase in some cases.
Back to top Go down
Zidane

Pents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pents   Pents Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 8:09 pm

Motoko wrote:
Zidane wrote:

my post was just saying there is something wrong with pents at the moment. Made this post so we could discuss it. This is nothing to do with all these new skills and items making pents easier then it use to be.
Back to top Go down
Motoko

Pents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pents   Pents Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 8:46 pm

Zidane wrote:
Motoko wrote:
Zidane wrote:

my post was just saying there is something wrong with pents at the moment. Made this post so we could discuss it. This is nothing to do with all these new skills and items making pents easier then it use to be.

So you want a feature in pents to make the solve experience proportional to # of people in penting (If greater than one) or do you want just a bonus to experience for all players in pents if more than one (also proportional to # of people penting)

Bonus to solve exp or just all penting players?

Back to top Go down
Zidane

Pents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pents   Pents Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 1:23 am

Well I would probably say the second option, otherwise we would still have the same problem a lot of the time. We should be trying to encourage people wanting to pent while others are already penting and also want to encourage people to pent as high as they can instead of having everyone penting ranks below them trying to get quick solves and every solve. What if we looked at other options like making enemies in pents a little weaker with every person that enters pents.
Example a message comes up when some enters pents, "Enemies weaken with fear as another champion enters the pentagram quest"

Back to top Go down
bubblecathie

bubblecathie

Pents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pents   Pents Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 4:39 am

People prefers to solo pent, which is very sad but i understand why.
We need to find something. cat

Same thing happens with u2/u3 what if we had more kings and princes, will they really tag along?

Moar rewards for the hard work and teamwork!
Back to top Go down
Zidane

Pents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pents   Pents Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 6:05 am

this post wasn't exactly aimed at people teaming up in pents but just having 2 or more people in pents separately but yes your right there isn't much need for teamwork anymore
Back to top Go down
legacy

Pents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pents   Pents Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 11:09 pm

This is probably an unpopular opinion but you could change the solve rate algorithm so that 1 person in pents is more similar to the 2 people pent range. At the moment I think it's pretty balanced when there are 2 or more people in pents, it's just that when there is only 1 person in pents it's actually too easy to get exp. Make the range 7-13 and if you can put bias on the higher solves.

Even though I love penting solo because the exp is so much better, if you want to encourage more people into pents you should make it less easy when you're the only one.
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

Pents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pents   Pents Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:05 am

legacy wrote:
This is probably an unpopular opinion but you could change the solve rate algorithm so that 1 person in pents is more similar to the 2 people pent range. At the moment I think it's pretty balanced when there are 2 or more people in pents, it's just that when there is only 1 person in pents it's actually too easy to get exp. Make the range 7-13 and if you can put bias on the higher solves.

Even though I love penting solo because the exp is so much better, if you want to encourage more people into pents you should make it less easy when you're the only one.

Stop please. You are talking as an AH. You would essentially destroy exp per hour rates for other classes.

EDIT: You do realize that most times there are less than 4 players on and often one or two are temple sitting idles? This isn't how you make people pent.
Back to top Go down
legacy

Pents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pents   Pents Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:43 am

True, I am an AH so it's way easier to pent. I guess if we actually had more players it would be an easier problem to solve.
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

Pents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pents   Pents Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 6:29 am

legacy wrote:
True, I am an AH so it's way easier to pent. I guess if we actually had more players it would be an easier problem to solve.

I don't think there is much of a problem. Lower rank, its good to pent with multiple faster penters as it very much compensates for not getting the solve bonus. At later levels, it becomes less beneficial more 4 out of the 6 classes. The issue with pents is the same as every other part of the game. Warriors and Templars are sub-par and cannot kill/pent/etc as fast as the other 4.

I would be very careful when proposing to limit exp rates for this game as when you do that you destroy what little warrs/temps have. A templar will make at best 400k-500k per hour solo which is around 40% of what AH/sorc can make and around 50% of what Seyans/Necros make. Making solves larger will effectively push out 1-2 classes out of higher rank pents and we don't want that.

EDIT: This nerfing mentality needs to be removed from this game's dev process and players' thought process. We have seen time and time again that nerfing stuff has a negative correlation with this game's population. We have lost 3avg players online this month and that is extremely significant. Is it all related the nerfs, probably not but I can assure you that a few people I used to chat with are leaving for this exact reason. I think a new approach is necessary.
Back to top Go down
amanar

amanar

Pents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pents   Pents Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 10:14 am

I like this. Most people won't pent if there's someone else penting so it would be nice if there was some sort of perk to make people want to pent together like the good old days
Back to top Go down
Pooch

Pooch

Pents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pents   Pents Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 10:42 am

Make a bonus for AT's so if you group up with one u get more exp Very Happy

AT penting is sooooo boring Razz
Back to top Go down
bubblecathie

bubblecathie

Pents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pents   Pents Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 11:41 am

You know what they say right? "A ratling potion a day, keeps the doctor away."

On your first solves of the day, receive a 200% exp bonus.
just another pentagram quest idea that came to mind today, i thought i would drop this here
Back to top Go down
Rizpah

Pents Empty
PostSubject: Ratling Potion Anonymous   Pents Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 3:12 pm

Hi, my name is Rizpah and I'm an Rpotaholic.

Bonus for first solve of the day is interesting but I'd really only go for the first solve then go back to AT. Penting is tedious for me. With AT I can do other things like play D3 or ESO which is much more enjoyable than having to stun run. Yes, exp is terrible compared to what I could be doing but C'est la vie.
Back to top Go down
toltar

Pents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pents   Pents Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 12:22 pm

Not being able to solo pent regularly enough is pretty much what drove me away from Aranock ;P

When you finally do get to solo pent for a while, having your XP/hr suddenly halved (or more) because just one additional person decided to enter Pents is a pretty harsh "penalty".
It might also generate a bit of hatred towards the "intruder", which (in the case of some people) might escalate into some flaming outbursts of good ol' PENT RAGE.

Myself, I always just bite the bullet and leave immediately, because, it's not like I OWN the pents (after grudgingly grabbing some courtesy pents for the new guy of course, so his solve is within solo range ;P).

And for this reason, I never go penting if someone already is. I don't want to be a "pent intruder".
Whenever I feel like playing, I usually just check the "players online" link on the website to see if anyone is in pents, i.e., should I even bother coming online.

Of course, having realized at one point that other people might share this solo-pent-mentality as well, I started to carry quite a bit of guilt for penting as much as I did, even though (or, especially because) there were other people online (who were maybe waiting for their turn... ? ;P).

So, in the end:
* Not penting would make me feel bad (pent 4 lyfe!)
* Penting non-solo would make me feel bad (I'd be "intruding", plus it's inefficient for everyone involved)
* Penting solo would make me feel bad (I'd feel like "hogging")

-

It all boils down to a player's time being worth far less than it would be with no-one else around.
The presence of other players driving players away isn't a very a healthy thing for an MMO I think ;P

So, uh, giving the solve bonus to everyone would be a nice fix. Maybe ;P
- Or remove the XP bonus from the solve (but keep the platinum), and simply increase pent values?
- Or viable alternatives to penting (that aren't too scary and/or obscure!)

I do also like cathie's suggestion. Having a number of daily solve bonuses would probably make the endless penting seem a bit less tedious, and would also give some incentive to get online every day ;P
Back to top Go down
Twinsix

Pents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pents   Pents Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 8:02 pm

What if we gave some sort of non bonus incentive to hit as many pents as possible? How about full exp from the first 5 and an additional 20% for every one after 5. So if the first 5 were 5,000 exp each, it would be 25,000 exp and if you hit another 5 pents after that, it would be say additional 5,000 exp for a total of 30,000 exp for that solve.

That would reward the high hitters (Haras, sorc's) and still motivate people to pent even if other people are penting. Plus it would make the higher solo pent solves less tedious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pents   Pents Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pents
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Click Me For New Forum  :: Game Chat :: Town Square-
Jump to: