Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

game wont start..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gio

game wont start.. Empty
PostSubject: game wont start..   game wont start.. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 4:09 am

Hey guys

I used to play this game, and I thought I'd try it again but I can't get the game started. I used the link on your new website to download it, extract all files, open the .exe thing, found some of my old accounts but as it turns out it just crashes or shuts down at 'initialising socket'. Any ideas how I can get this to work? Now I seem to remember that it was a bit of a hassle getting the game to work last time I played so I'm not really surprised.. Kind of a bummer though. Help me out here please, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

game wont start.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: game wont start..   game wont start.. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 5:23 am

Make sure you are using the right version of the Client - downloaded from the website or this forum (Aranock/Town Square/Game Doanload). dated 2 July 2008.

Make sure you are in a place that allows you to connect (some work places, schools, libraries block gaming sites).

What Operating System are you using Vista/XP?

I just down loaded the game from the forum and it works but it is missing the sfx folder. Ody/TT - you may want to fix this.
Back to top Go down
Odysseus

Odysseus

game wont start.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: game wont start..   game wont start.. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 10:04 am

I can fix this but the origional file i had of it was also missing the SFX folder so ive nothing to upload. I never really fixed it because i play without sound. TT do you have the sound files so we can upload them?

Everything else should and does work providing you download from my link
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

game wont start.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: game wont start..   game wont start.. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 11:38 am

Email with sfx files is on its way
Back to top Go down
gio

game wont start.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: game wont start..   game wont start.. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 12:12 pm

https://aranock.rpg-board.net/town-square-f2/game-download-t30.htm
I used this topic to download.

I tried to download from this topic but it says the file was removed.
https://aranock.rpg-board.net/town-square-f2/game-download-t4.htm

I use xp, I know the game has worked on this computer, although that might have been a few ears ago..
Back to top Go down
gio

game wont start.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: game wont start..   game wont start.. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 2:33 pm

I found where I had the game installed and my old save files.. So it works now. For some reason the game I got from the download would crash after a short time, although I did get it to start a few times. Plus if you don't turn off sounds you get spammed by error when you click stuff. (my new account is Ashok)
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

game wont start.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: game wont start..   game wont start.. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 3:20 am

OK hopefully Ody has updated the download file with the Sound Effects. Thanks for the tip.

Welcome Ashok.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

game wont start.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: game wont start..   game wont start.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

game wont start..
Page 1 of 1