Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

server

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wreekin

server Empty
PostSubject: server   server Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 5:12 pm

it's freaking out!
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

server Empty
PostSubject: Re: server   server Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 4:44 am

A little more info would be useful.

I have come on and can not see anything freaking but not sure what I am looking for.

Just a small hint would help.
Back to top Go down
Wreekin

server Empty
PostSubject: Re: server   server Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 4:04 pm

just seems to be a more lag then there used to be more often. I also get booted a lot more with error 183. is there any reason for this?
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

server Empty
PostSubject: Re: server   server Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 9:05 pm

Those sort of errors seem to occur when the client loses contact with the server for some reason.

When there is lag and the communications continue, if the other end does not respond then the buffers fill up and the client crashes.

If an individual crashes then the most likely cause is the internet connection between your PC and the server. I have run some traces at times like that and used to hit a bottleneck somewhere in Florida (don't ask me why it goes through Florida).

Where there is mass lag or bootings then the problem is more likely at the server end (or close to it) or the game itself.

Every 6 hours the game does a complete data back up which will lag every one and every thing. This is run on the 6th, 12th hour etc US EST time. This allows us recover the game in the case of a catastrophic failure, corruption or hack attack. This goes for a few minutes. Note point above about buffers and lag. If you keep typing or tring to cast spells etc during this time there is a good chance the buffers will fill and "boot".

Every 60 minutes on the half hour the game writes all the data files back to disk. The game data is stored in memory and so it must be written back to disk occassionally. This used to be the cause of the "Rollbacks" in days gone by. If the game crashed and the data had not been written back to disk then the next time it started the game had rolled back to the last saved version which could be days or weeks old. The data save normally only lasts a few seconds.

We have been having some issues occassionally with the Linix box itself, where after about 6-12 months or so it goes really slowly. This has not been related to the game or the internet that we can see and the only solution was to restart the server itself. This was done in the last month and will probably happen occassionally in the future.

I am not aware of any other performance issues that are occurring and are repeatable. Intermittent issues are much harder to diagnose and resolve.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

server Empty
PostSubject: Re: server   server Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

server
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Click Me For New Forum  :: Game Chat :: Technical-
Jump to: