Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Problem when starting game

Go down 
+4
Forsight
Smog
Vincent
Hafeez
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Hafeez

Problem when starting game Empty
PostSubject: Problem when starting game   Problem when starting game Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 6:08 am

I did download the game and created a new chr.

The game started and my screen went black whit the mouse curser changing to an arrow with the word "walk" under it. nothing happens after that :S

I have windows 7 on my computer and i have started with no alpha and full alpha.. :S same with shadows and sound
Back to top Go down
Vincent

Vincent

PostSubject: Re: Problem when starting game   Problem when starting game Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 6:17 am

When you first start the game you are standing in a temple and it is very dark, this all changes when you move about by left clicking on the location you wish to move to, did you try that?
Back to top Go down
Hafeez

PostSubject: Re: Problem when starting game   Problem when starting game Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 6:44 am

yes.. i did try to click random on the screen, could you tell where i the exit door is .. if you divide the screen into 9 squares where number one is top left number 2 is top middel and so on.. what number would the exit be in?

when i alt tab esc it tells me that the game is not responding -
Back to top Go down
Hafeez

PostSubject: Re: Problem when starting game   Problem when starting game Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 6:54 am

i solved the problem, ran the game in vista servicepack 2 mode.. then it worked Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vincent

Vincent

PostSubject: Re: Problem when starting game   Problem when starting game Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 7:11 am

Excellent. I look forward to meeting you in the game, if you ever have any problems just ask, the people who play here are a very helpful and friendly bunch.

Welcome to Aranock.
Back to top Go down
Smog

PostSubject: Re: Problem when starting game   Problem when starting game Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 5:10 pm

I am also having the same problem when I log on. Blank black screen with the cursor and walk, I changed the compatability to run with window xp and it still doesn't work... confused
Back to top Go down
Forsight

PostSubject: Re: Problem when starting game   Problem when starting game Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 6:20 pm

Running Nvidia or ATI Smog?

If ur Running ATI, Particularly on the Duel GPU Cards

Go into CCC (Catalyst Control Center)

DISABLE "CATALYST AI"
Back to top Go down
Uglykidjoe

PostSubject: Re: Problem when starting game   Problem when starting game Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:42 pm

I had this problem too. Tried running it in Vista sp 2 mode and then it said gfx not found. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Loner

PostSubject: Re: Problem when starting game   Problem when starting game Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 8:02 pm

I have the same problem on my new Gateway laptop running Windows 7 Home

I am using the new client and when I log in with my saved character I see my arrow curser on a black background.

regardless of where I click I get no movement

Intel i3 CPU 64-bit M330 @2.13 Mhz 4 GB DDR3

Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD

Help please

Thanks
Loner aka redara
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Problem when starting game   Problem when starting game Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 8:43 am

I do not have Windows 7 so I can not recreate this problem.

Historical suggestions (from Vista installations) are to run in Windows XP mode.

Also make sure the gfx and sfx folders are installed correctly and both have at least one file in them.

Try fiddling with your graphics card settings.

If you find a working solution, post here.
Back to top Go down
Cody

Cody

PostSubject: Re: Problem when starting game   Problem when starting game Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 11:29 am

The fix on every other v2 server has been Windows XP Compatibility mode in Windows 7 and using VirtualBox for Windows Vista, there's no known reason for it happening as it effects people randomly, I use Windows 7 and personally have never experienced it while many other people who do use Windows 7 are experiencing this issue.
Back to top Go down
http://Moa-help.webs.com
Loner

PostSubject: Re: Problem when starting game   Problem when starting game Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 8:38 pm

Thanks Cody.

The XP compatibility mode seemed to work altho I ended in a lock-up and had to CAD (which I think lead to me being banned for an hour for being unsocial-ably acceptable behavour). I am on a very poor wireless link which may be part of the problem

Anyway, thanks for the help

Redara
Back to top Go down
Cody

Cody

PostSubject: Re: Problem when starting game   Problem when starting game Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 8:47 pm

The reason that happened is because an Imp (Blue) seems to have been hacked (or gone crazy) and banned everyone on the server. The XP Compatibility mode had nothing to do with the idle / ban.

[Please note that Blue's account was not used and was not hacked.
A former player found a bug and abused it. He renamed Blue and named himself as Blue to help cause confusion.

Lordlava]

Last edited by Lordlava on Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated by Lordlava)
Back to top Go down
Loner

PostSubject: Re: Problem when starting game   Problem when starting game Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 8:54 pm

Hi Cody,

Yea - I know there is no connection between the XP Comp mode and the hacked ban. I originally thought my ban was due to the many CAD's I used to escape before I found out about the need for XP Comp to get the client to work with Windows 7

Thanks for your help,

Redara
Back to top Go down
Uglykidjoe

PostSubject: Re: Problem when starting game   Problem when starting game Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 4:03 pm

But if you start in xp compatibility mode that doesn't explain why it says gfx files are missing.
Back to top Go down
Cody

Cody

PostSubject: Re: Problem when starting game   Problem when starting game Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 4:48 pm

It says the GFX files are missing because the GFX files are missing..

Last edited by Cody on Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Loner

PostSubject: Re: Problem when starting game   Problem when starting game Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 4:57 pm

Ugly I did not have the gfx problem so I can not comment on the issue

Redara
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Problem when starting game   Problem when starting game Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 5:38 am

In the game folder, make sure you have the following files
aranock.exe dated 9 January 2010
gx00.dat dated 7 February 2010
gx00.idx dated 7 February 2010
pnglib.dat dated 7 February 2010
pnglib.idx dated 7 February 2010

You should also have the following folders
gfx
sfx
New Player Tutorial

You may also optionally have the following files
merc.dat and some *.moa files
character_calculator.zip

If you are missing any of the top two groups then something has gone wrong with your download.

Steps 1
1. Try extracting the rar file again in case the extraction failed
2. Try downloading it again and reextracting it in case it was corrupted
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problem when starting game   Problem when starting game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problem when starting game
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Click Me For New Forum  :: Game Chat :: Technical-
Jump to: