Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Insane Lag

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fazza

Fazza

Insane Lag Empty
PostSubject: Insane Lag   Insane Lag Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 8:35 am

Hi everyone..

Some of you may remember me.. but more likely than not you wont.

I used to play the old aranock with danny and crew back when it was aranock-online.com.. I recently rediscovered Aranock, it was the biggest part of my teenage years.. however im a bit distraught that when I now play it, Im getting insane amount of ingame lag.

I have no idea what the cause could be since I can and have ran WoW at 60fps+ and its never been like this all the other times ive played it.. Maybe its where the servers are located since I am in australia but that doesnt explain how when I move for example it will only show one or two animations before ive completed my move.

I am really disappointed because I want to get back to playing full time.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know =/

Thanks

~Fazza
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Insane Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insane Lag   Insane Lag Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 8:55 am

I am based in Oz as well and do not get any serious lag. The server is based on the East coast of the US. The game was designed for dial up speed modems so it is definitely not bandwidth intensive.

There are two times when there are significant known lag.

1. Every 6 hours (on the 6th hour US East Coast time) the game does a complete backup of all the game data files. This lag lasts maybe 30 seconds and affects everything running on the server.
2. Every hour on the half hour the server writes all its data files back to disk. This causes some lag that lasts a number of seconds.

Other things that can cause lag are internet problems or graphics card problems. The internet issues tend to come and go depending on traffic or node disruptions. (Or if you exceeded your download limits and they restricted you).

My work laptop lags like mad so that it runs like one of those old black and white reel to reel movies that is about to fall off its sprocket. It is supposedly a high end laptop but they have configured it in such a way that it is almost useless for game play. It can possibly be something to do with your graphics card or how it is configured.

Some people have had issues with Vista or Windows 7. If so try running in XP Compatability mode and see if that helps.
Back to top Go down
Fazza

Fazza

Insane Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insane Lag   Insane Lag Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 8:59 am

Im thinking it might be a gfx card incompatability.. I do have a number of computers I can try it on.. ranging from Onboard graphics to radeon 6990.. If nothing seems to work ill let you know.. Id hate for something like this to stop me xD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Insane Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insane Lag   Insane Lag Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Insane Lag
Page 1 of 1