Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Windowed mode on Windows 7??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Redman

Windowed mode on Windows 7?? Empty
PostSubject: Windowed mode on Windows 7??   Windowed mode on Windows 7?? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 5:38 pm

Anyone know how to make Aranock run in a window instead of full screen?
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Windowed mode on Windows 7??   Windowed mode on Windows 7?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 10:59 am

The client was partially converted to run in windowed mode but never completed.

There are a few virtual machines or windowed simulators available.

I use Oracle Virtual Box regularly but have also successfully trialled Microsoft Virtual PC. Both of these give true Virtual Operating Machines runnig under your normal Windows environment but won't let me run both at the same time. Virtual Box will allow me to have multiple Virtual Machines running at the same time limited only by RAM and graphics card memory. This may be a bit over the top if all you want is a Windowed game and there may be simpler lower tech windowing alternatives available.

becareful there was an asian version (asian character text) of a program called 3dwindows.exe (if I remember the name correctly) that appeared to work well but turned out to be riddled with viruses.
Back to top Go down
Urdadi

Urdadi

PostSubject: Re: Windowed mode on Windows 7??   Windowed mode on Windows 7?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 2:59 pm

D3DWindower-English.exe is the file LL is talking about. Haven't caught any bugs from using it & it scans clean in Avira. Probably depends on where u download.
Back to top Go down
Haraking

Haraking

PostSubject: Re: Windowed mode on Windows 7??   Windowed mode on Windows 7?? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 10:49 am

dont use the Asian one lol I did and it wiped my computer completely and i had Norton security and had to get new windows and everything,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windowed mode on Windows 7??   Windowed mode on Windows 7?? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 8:51 pm

Anyone have a current link to this file or could upload it to hotfile or something?
Back to top Go down
Abyss

PostSubject: Re: Windowed mode on Windows 7??   Windowed mode on Windows 7?? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 5:12 pm

I have a version of D3d-Windower-English that has worked for me fine for years. It's a pain to setup, but I've never heard anyone ever getting a virus from it, and I've shared it with numberous people on numerous servers. I myself also run it and have never had a virus problem.

PM me and I can possibly find a way to send it to you. In the near future I may make a post on the forums with a link and setup details (it can be daunting and sometimes may not even work)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windowed mode on Windows 7??   Windowed mode on Windows 7?? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 5:26 pm

I recommend gbridge for these things. You use your free google account and install a tiny program, a VPN. You set a folder or file to share and then choose which google accounts to share it with and if you want a password for the file.
Back to top Go down
Abyss

PostSubject: Re: Windowed mode on Windows 7??   Windowed mode on Windows 7?? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 6:19 pm

Interesting. I currently use Dropbox which has similar functionality.

Normally, for sharing the windowing program, I've been just passing it to the users on Skype and talking them through the set up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windowed mode on Windows 7??   Windowed mode on Windows 7?? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 6:21 pm

I just like the google products because I can connect my printer and open an excel file from my online docs, share remote harddrive access on various PCs, automatically backup my phone contacts, I have about 5GB? of cloud space for files and invoices..etc as a backup my important stuff all from the same login pretty much. The only difference between this and skype really is it doesnt need your attending to other than to click approve when someone requests access. As long as you leave your PC on they can get to it at any point pretty much.

Also useful if youre on one PC and need it from the other or if someone has to format or wants it on a 2nd PC or is at work and wants to send it to someone else...

Tldr; pretty much just 24/7 access from anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Abyss

PostSubject: Re: Windowed mode on Windows 7??   Windowed mode on Windows 7?? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 6:27 pm

nunnbt473 wrote:
I just like the google products because I can connect my printer and open an excel file from my online docs, share remote harddrive access on various PCs, automatically backup my phone contacts, I have about 5GB? of cloud space for files and invoices..etc as a backup my important stuff all from the same login pretty much. The only difference between this and skype really is it doesnt need your attending to other than to click approve when someone requests access. As long as you leave your PC on they can get to it at any point pretty much.

Also useful if youre on one PC and need it from the other or if someone has to format or wants it on a 2nd PC or is at work and wants to send it to someone else...

Tldr; pretty much just 24/7 access from anywhere.

Gbridge isn't a google product, however. You're just using your google account and some of google's protocols.

The difference is that one is a file transfer, and the other is a shared folder, btw Wink When I send a file to someone on Skype, I'm just sending them the file then and there, when I send it on this, I'd be opening a shared folder with them in which we can both access and change files and such.

Thanks for pointing it out though, I'm sure I'll have a use for it sometime.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windowed mode on Windows 7??   Windowed mode on Windows 7?? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 6:35 pm

I didnt realize it wasn't by google o.0, in any case it works extremely well in my experience. I wont make any promises on speed though, no worse than skype anyway.

Well, I am sure you can limit the access to only the exactly download and make it so that it is read only access at least. I don't consider it security risk any more than I do just signing onto the internet or leaving my wifi connected.

P.S. I used to use drop box to transfer web cam videos I made to an ex away at college. In the last year or so I started with this because it doesn't have restriction on things like file extension / type or sizes AFAIK.
Back to top Go down
Abyss

PostSubject: Re: Windowed mode on Windows 7??   Windowed mode on Windows 7?? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 6:38 pm

nunnbt473 wrote:
I didnt realize it wasn't by google o.0, in any case it works extremely well in my experience. I wont make any promises on speed though, no worse than skype anyway.

Well, I am sure you can limit the access to only the exactly download and make it so that it is read only access at least. I don't consider it security risk any more than I do just signing onto the internet or leaving my wifi connected.

P.S. I used to use drop box to transfer web cam videos I made to an ex away at college. In the last year or so I started with this because it doesn't have restriction on things like file extension / type or sizes AFAIK.

Neither does Dropbx, independent of the size restriction on your account (mine is close to the max a free account can obtain, since I've got tons of extra bonuses).

Anyways, this conversation is not relevant to the topic. If you'd like to discuss this further you can PM me or we can talk on another medium or thread specific to that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windowed mode on Windows 7??   Windowed mode on Windows 7?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windowed mode on Windows 7??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Click Me For New Forum  :: Game Chat :: Technical-
Jump to: