Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Go Ducks

Go down 
+2
Lordlava
flipper
6 posters
AuthorMessage
flipper

flipper

Go Ducks Empty
PostSubject: Go Ducks   Go Ducks Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 10:34 pm

for the Yanks on here, I just want to say that this College Football Season has been great.
We have #1 Florida vs #2 Alabama In two weeks. We have 5 Pac 10 teams in the top 25.
USC has finally fallen. There was also a 3 way fight for the Rosebowl that just got a little more decided after a nail-biter of a game tonight Ducks beat Arizona in 2OT.

I am sure everyone has ther favorite teams, and I am not claiming the Ducks being the best, but rather just that they are doing pretty good this season, especially in a conference that is beating itself up.
1 more game versus the Beavers. The winner goes to the Rose Bowl. What a great season. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Go Ducks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Ducks   Go Ducks Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 5:29 am

If I dont have a favourite team does that mean that I am not everybody?

I did see a game with Barry The Druggie Bonds and the San Francosco Giants at Candlestick Park but I dont think that qualifies as College "I need some protection" Football.

maybe I just missed something there.... Razz

Maybe Murduck knows something! monkey
Back to top Go down
flipper

flipper

Go Ducks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Ducks   Go Ducks Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 8:31 pm

Well, the ducks made it to the Granddaddy of them all.
Sadly, there showing was less than stellar. I did, however did get a chance to gloat to my fellow Huskie (huck the Fuskies) fan just due to the the fact that the a) The Ducks went bowling and the Huskies didn't and b) our bowl was for Roses.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Go Ducks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Ducks   Go Ducks Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 9:11 pm

I am sure that some of what you said made sense to someone somewhere at some time.

However, what I interpreted is the the Ducks are really Husky Chickens.

Did I get it right? Question
Back to top Go down
Dinin

Go Ducks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Ducks   Go Ducks Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 10:00 pm

lmao, i interpreted that ducks bowl with huskies for roses to give to their grandmothers. I think i got the just of it.
Back to top Go down
Redman

Go Ducks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Ducks   Go Ducks Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 1:23 pm

How are the Yankees playing in college football now? I thought that they were a baseball team...
Back to top Go down
Urdadi

Urdadi

Go Ducks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Ducks   Go Ducks Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 2:31 pm

lol, flipper's post makes perfect sense 2 football fans... The Rose Bowl was a tough game 4 me this year cuz I really like the Ducks & H8 OSU. But in the end I found myself rootin 4 the Big 10. Go Hox!
Back to top Go down
Dinin

Go Ducks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Ducks   Go Ducks Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 6:30 pm

OH, NCAA, why didnt anyone say that? i live in Canada and watch the NFL and CFL. I sometimes watch some NCAA but i dont really follow the teams so i didnt reconize ducks or huskies, and "went bowling" isnt quite discriptive and our bowl was for roses isnt the same as the rose bowl. This was one of those times that the message was miss interpeted because the message wasnt clear enough. Now that i know we are talking bout football, it makes sense to me.
Back to top Go down
flipper

flipper

Go Ducks Empty
PostSubject: Go Ducks 2   Go Ducks Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 9:34 pm

1 More game to go.........

Yes, the Ducks had a hiccup with the Bears 2 weeks ago, but romped all over Arizona tonight. (Much better than the last few meetings). Auburn squeeked out a phenomenal win against 'bama. As of right now, the Blue Broncos are taking care of the wolf-pack Now that it has been a year, I wonder if LL has become versed in the Lingo.

As much as "I love my Ducks", I do think #1 is really overated for us. I think that Ducks vs. Auburn will show our true colors. We might be able to pick apart their defense and score quickly, but their offense will just destroy us and leave us wiwth guys being carried off the field. It will be interesting to see how 2 totally different teams (with similar style quarter-backs - I said similar, I know Thomas doesn't hold a candle to Newton) will match up. It will be awesome if the Ducks make it to the Championship and win, but realistically I will settle for just making it to the once-in-a-lifetime chance.

Oh and for a very delayed reply @ Dinin: I think I did start of by saying College Football
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Go Ducks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Ducks   Go Ducks Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 9:13 am

I got it now.

The wood duck burped and was boiled by a Bear.

However, boiled Daffy then had a party in the zone(a). Burn tried to sing (unsucessfully) for Obama but the president still thought she was some sort of phenomena so he let them win to stop the noise. Some pony is looking after a sick den of cubs, although that does seem to be against what nature intended.

Flip thinks boiled duck is over rated and would prefer it roated or toasted. I am worried as he keeps chatting about this girl Aub and he wants to see her true colours. Exclamation Maybe she is the replacement for the boiled duck. Tsk! Tsk! I am worried about him wanting to score quickly and may need to have a chat to him. What will the old duck think?
Back to top Go down
flipper

flipper

Go Ducks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Ducks   Go Ducks Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 12:24 pm

kinda late,

But Jan 10 was a great and sad day.
The Ducks had a great showing against Auburn.
Neither Offense was able to do much because of great Defense. 2 of the top scoring teams held each other to about 20 points each.
Game was lost by a field goal with 0 seconds left. Can't complain too much about that. There were a few what ifs that will forever bug me. The officiating sure seemed sided towards Auburn. But a game shouldn't be lost by a few bad calls or plays so that is no excuse. It was just a really good close game.
There is always next year.
Back to top Go down
flipper

flipper

Go Ducks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Ducks   Go Ducks Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 2:09 pm

It gives me great pleasure to resurrect this thread yet one more time.I will try and keep it easier for LL this go around and use pictures

With the coming of baby New Year Go Ducks Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQP1QIz-BMg0JYBBUAdZFf1Tk2NxI_4RajMM3YtkAeJgc2MP7RR_g

It means one thing, The Rose BowlGo Ducks Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsFGjoF2NzhioERZO7jcgF-yTNWxjIwhBGEaG8tA_H5lB55kj8

In 2 hours time the 98th Rose Bowl shall commence and I will once again be glued to the TV to root them on to their 1st BCS victory.

Yes they failed in their last 2 consecutive attempts, but, as they say, third times the charm.

The Ducks flew south to Pasadena Go Ducks Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOmiZsJaO6drYIQg93vds71nuzaPZfJowIpAIatl0P_E0hWA5wsw
and there has been an ominous overwhelming presence of ducks in the airGo Ducks Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQKZRnahG2M5S-ov8Ml9dmNhbVeb1CqZGU9k9M6WtuNN6VkHYUTR2Prgzg

With new uniforms and a new sense of speed
Go Ducks 9k=

Gooooooo Ducks and beat the Badgers!Go Ducks Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQc4_stJTA3GSyJMmF9bR6DUIcZ7IT0A3N6aPrUauB8bzyAV867xg

Bring home the Victory Go Ducks Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZClh5uPwJkpwf-w5HHU79rmhTFIF96Z7EG14d_sBrw_p02v6MUA
All that is left to say:

Back to top Go down
Andy

Go Ducks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Ducks   Go Ducks Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 4:15 pm

I still dont understand y it's called football... there's minimal usage of feet and it's a lot more like rugby then (real) football. Although i gather that the cowboys aren't doing at all well this season so i don't know if i can claim any bragging rights.
Back to top Go down
flipper

flipper

Go Ducks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Ducks   Go Ducks Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 6:52 pm

We finally did it!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Go Ducks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Ducks   Go Ducks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Go Ducks