Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

windows 7 help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
khris

windows 7 help Empty
PostSubject: windows 7 help   windows 7 help Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 1:45 pm

Hey guys, I've been playing on and off on my laptop, but due to it's location, it makes playing for a long time unbearable. The question I have is, both my comps are running windows 7 32-bit. The desktop is way superior to my laptop, yet I get a graphics glitch when logging in on my desktop. Could this be due to how powerful my desktop is? Or is there another underlying problem. I've tried all the compatibility tricks but nothing works for my desktop.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

windows 7 help Empty
PostSubject: Re: windows 7 help   windows 7 help Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 6:58 am

I use Vista and I know many people who use Windows 7 who have no problems and do not run in compatability mode.

Others fall over in a heap but running in Windows XP compatability mode appears to fix the problem.

Others can never get it to work.

I have a hypothesis that it is related to the graphics card with the more hitech high powered or over clocked the graphics card the more likely the problem. This is only a hypothesis and not a theory as I do not have access to a PC that fails so it is very hard to hypothetically test/bebug it.

If you do have a high end graphics card - see if it has any options to dumb it down for low end applications.

Aranock was based on the Astonia 2.0 client that was designed for use with a pentium and dial up modem. It is not resource hungry.

Let me know if you have any luck.
Back to top Go down
khris

windows 7 help Empty
PostSubject: Re: windows 7 help   windows 7 help Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 4:24 pm

apparently it was because my graphics card was outdated. Don't know how that affected it but it works flawlessly now. Just for future reference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

windows 7 help Empty
PostSubject: Re: windows 7 help   windows 7 help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

windows 7 help
Page 1 of 1