Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Non-active clans + some ideas

Go down 
+4
Lordlava
Thug
Forsight
Redman
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Redman

Non-active clans + some ideas Empty
PostSubject: Non-active clans + some ideas   Non-active clans + some ideas Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 9:32 pm

So....as we are getting more new/returning players it would be nice for them to have some clan options if they wanted to join. As it sits, the few active clans around seem to be on a hiring freeze. The non-active ones have enough plat in storage to keep them going for several months.

Some options that I have come up with are:
(1) Conduct another round of clan deleting to open spots up for new clans.

(2) Increase clan rent for a period of time until all remaining clans are active. (either leave high rent or reduce once all remaining clans are active)

(3) Open up 10th clan spot, but allow anyone to join without a personal invite. This could be used as a gateway for players looking to join a clan and wanting to demonstrate or improve their pvp skills.

Anyone else got any thoughts? scratch
Back to top Go down
Forsight

PostSubject: Re: Non-active clans + some ideas   Non-active clans + some ideas Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 6:27 am

i agree with the Raising of Costs, 150 every 8days??

that's just ridiculous!Razz

Should be like 1k every 4 days, something Taxing.

even 500 Every 4 Days; Ive made over 1k plat today in solving pents alone;
Back to top Go down
Thug

PostSubject: Re: Non-active clans + some ideas   Non-active clans + some ideas Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 9:22 pm

what was it i said at first, 1k plat a month? every1 thought that was too much, but now you see that isnt even enough
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Non-active clans + some ideas   Non-active clans + some ideas Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 9:37 pm

I am not doing any development work on clans right at the moment.

However, there are plans (still in concept stage) to vamp up the clan system.

While there are several ideas under consideration, one is the concept of an activity tax. The rent paid on the clan will vary depending on the activity of the players.

I have made some changes over the last couple of months to record the time online for each player in the current month. This can be used to work out the average time online for all memebers of a clan in a month. The monthly rental could rise exponentially with declining average time in game of the members.

For example (not particularly well thought out)
Average time Clan Rent
Hrs/player Plat/mth
24 -------------100
20 -------------200
16 -------------400
12 ------------ 800
8 ------------- 600
6 --------------3200
4 --------------6400
3 --------------12800
2 --------------25600
1 --------------51200
<1 ------------102400

Rent would not be a consideration to active clans but would be punitive to inactive clans.
Downside is it would encourage temple sitting and would encourage leaders to fire members who could not play as much.
Back to top Go down
Cody

Cody

PostSubject: Re: Non-active clans + some ideas   Non-active clans + some ideas Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 1:45 pm

Can some of these ideas be re-considered, it's somewhat annoying when clans can sit for months to years at a time being unused (Order Of Shadows as an example) and be allowed to remain open. That clan slot could be going to something more useful as it is currently (from what I've heard) all of the Members (or most) have been banned and Doom (The Leader) has been Inactive for over a year.

In other words I support Remands first idea (which quoted below)

Quote :

(1) Conduct another round of clan deleting to open spots up for new clans.

If you need more reasons why Clan slots should be opened read some of the reasons I have below,

• Three clans actively participate in Clan Activities (Fighting Each Other, etc)
  • People use clans as Personal Storage, which in a sense is fine but use it for Fighting once in a while or give it to someone who will.
  • Pent Scrolls - I hate these personally, why should people in clans be allowed to pent easier then people who are enjoying the actually PvE (Player Versus Environment) and not be forced to actually engage in Clan "Battles". It's far easier being in a clan then to not be in a clan, the Benefits outweigh any "Danger" of being in a clan.
  • People are willing to PAY to have the Inactive Clans removed and given to them, this would reset Platinum Amounts, Gold Amounts and allow more people to experience PvP in Aranock which if you haven't noticed is probably the only reason people play a 10+ year old game with alternatives like Guild Wars, World of Warcraft, Lord of The Rings Online, Final Fantasy, and about a bajillion other titles.

Alternative Idea
If you don't support deleting Inactive clans why not hold a vote?, ask the members of Aranock or better yet the Members of those particular clans if they are indeed active and would like to keep there clan. I guarantee more then one clan would be gone based on this alone because there are no members in some of the clans, only inactive players rotting away until they're deleted (which in turn leaves the clan slot forever stuck).

In closing, I'd like to see Clan Slots opened up, there is no logical reason why this cannot happen, if the Leaders of a clan are Inactive for over a year they obviously don't play Aranock anymore and will most likely never return.

PS: It's now 2010, this topic was opened in 2009, it has literally changed years since this topic was first discussed and since then the implied "Inactive" clans are still Inactive, I believe this is more then enough of a Grace Period for people of those clans to actually Log into the game and use the clan for something that actually promotes activity in Aranock (which has been dropping a lot recently).

PPS: Bank of Aranock, Order of Shadows, and at some levels even "Noobs" are all Inactive within the PvP community (and in the case of the first 2) or are just totally inactive with Bank of Aranocks leader logging in every 30 - 50 days.

Last edited by Cody on Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://Moa-help.webs.com
Cyrus

Cyrus

PostSubject: Re: Non-active clans + some ideas   Non-active clans + some ideas Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 2:14 pm

Totally agree with this. It's the same as when people would hoard unique items and then never play, except now it's with clan slots. I took a hiatus for a year and in that time not a single clan was dissolved, despite the fact that none of the people who founded most of them even play anymore.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Non-active clans + some ideas   Non-active clans + some ideas Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 5:29 am

There is to be a major release on the clans system - scope still being defined.

Unfortunately changes do not happen instantaneously although it is not from lack of will.

I will work on time slicing and see how long it will take Smile
Back to top Go down
flipper

flipper

PostSubject: Re: Non-active clans + some ideas   Non-active clans + some ideas Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 7:51 am

Gives LL a will scroll just in case.
Back to top Go down
Wreekin

PostSubject: Re: Non-active clans + some ideas   Non-active clans + some ideas Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 9:51 am

Is anything being done about this?
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Non-active clans + some ideas   Non-active clans + some ideas Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 2:02 am

Currently plan (subject to whim and change) is the Caves (just opened), the Castle (in design phase) and then the Clans (in concept phase).

Clans are likely to be significantly enhanced but all in good time.

Clans will not be restricted to storage and PvP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Non-active clans + some ideas   Non-active clans + some ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Non-active clans + some ideas
Page 1 of 1