Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SH2 should not hit non-aggro'd npcs besides mobs.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Abyss

SH2 should not hit non-aggro'd npcs besides mobs. Empty
PostSubject: SH2 should not hit non-aggro'd npcs besides mobs.   SH2 should not hit non-aggro'd npcs besides mobs. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 1:17 am

This is an incredibly obnoxious bug.

SH2 will hit others comps and hit peacey'd guards even if they aren't aggro to you or you to them.

This results in a lot of sorcs and haras demanding that templars in pents near them turn off their sh2, either resulting in the templar being gimped or the hara/sorc being gimped. Players should not have to not use a useful powerful skill in pents because it interferes with other players.

Additionally, if I'm attacked, my sh2 should not aggro a guard that I didn't attack nor is attacking me. Some are telling me this is intended, but the result is beyond ridiculous if intended. I'll provide an example.

I went to the market to sell some ice ths. I was standing just slightly out of the temple safe area because you have to to sell them, as the merchant isn't visible from that distance. Yatana walked up to me and attacked me while I was vendoring. as a result, my character autoattacked him back. I immediately cast recall, not wanting to fight him and not wanting to risk irking the guards. I got out. I healed up, went back to finish my selling, and I was immedaitely perma-stunned by a peacey inside the temple and then killed.

What I've been told is that my sh2 aggro'd the guards. I don't see why under any circumstance it should, since I wasn't trying to fight them. Hell, I wasn't even trying to fight Yatana. I just wanted to get out. The only remedy would be for me to turn off my sh2 or autoattack everytime I go near the market, in fear of someone else attacking me, and my skills as a templar attacking guards for no reason at all.

This is akin to Harakims being attacked and then randomly casting blast on the guards. No one would stand for that. Why should my sh2 aggro an unaggro'd guard?

It my understanding the reason the guards are even attackable is because they are there to "protect" the market. As a price to pay for attacking someone there, the guards aggro you. That is reasonable, that's why I felt safe using the market in their range, because I knew they'd defend me if I was attacked. However, they attacked me when I was not the aggressor and didn't do anything to attack them other than have a passive ability.

The only end result is that a player was able to real death me by attacking me in that area. Considering he knew he had no way to kill me and couldn't survive the guards, his only intention to attack me was the cause me to die to the peacekeepers when I undoubtedly would leave my sh2 on because I wasn't aware of this bug. In talking after it happened, other players mentioned using it specifically for this purpose, real deathing other pvp players.

Kill 2 birds with one stone. Make sh2 not damage non-monsters unless they're already aggroed to the player.

Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: SH2 should not hit non-aggro'd npcs besides mobs.   SH2 should not hit non-aggro'd npcs besides mobs. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 5:15 am

I think you have been misled.

SH2 does not hit good NPCs (with alignment = 10,000).

The issue is that if the guards see a combat occur in their sight range then they will hit the combatants. I have never looked to see how they decide who to hit and in which order but they have their orders and follow them to the letter. They do not negotiate.

If there is an error in the guards logic it is in the sequence of deciding who is the guilty party, not with the arch skill (npc_seeattack).
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: SH2 should not hit non-aggro'd npcs besides mobs.   SH2 should not hit non-aggro'd npcs besides mobs. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 5:38 am

Ok this may be a bit more complex than I thought.

Who the guards attacks appears to be based on your relative alignment with the attacker and a flag on the guard as to whether to defend good or evil.

Your relative alignment depends on who or what you have killed in the past.

This is making my head hurt ....... Sad
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: SH2 should not hit non-aggro'd npcs besides mobs.   SH2 should not hit non-aggro'd npcs besides mobs. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 7:15 am

Ok it appears to be caused by the differential alignment, not by SH2.

The lower alignment is the baddie. The baddie gets attacked by the guards.

To confirm this on your characters I would need to know which characters were involved.
Back to top Go down
smasher

smasher

PostSubject: Re: SH2 should not hit non-aggro'd npcs besides mobs.   SH2 should not hit non-aggro'd npcs besides mobs. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 11:15 am

what about when SH2 hits others gcs/comps??
Back to top Go down
Redman

PostSubject: Re: SH2 should not hit non-aggro'd npcs besides mobs.   SH2 should not hit non-aggro'd npcs besides mobs. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:16 pm

The guard thing has always been a problem. I don't know how it works but I remember being killed by a peacie in the market too.
Back to top Go down
Abyss

PostSubject: Re: SH2 should not hit non-aggro'd npcs besides mobs.   SH2 should not hit non-aggro'd npcs besides mobs. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 11:01 pm

It happened on Abyss. I haven't killed anyone since then, so it should be the same relative before they attacked me.

See, the thing is they attacked Yatana originally. They only attacked me after we both recalled and I walked there. Before I recalled, they were only attacking him, which is why I thought I was safe. Additionally, I died while inside the Temple still, I barely moved north from the spawn point in Temple. (I'm guessing just in range of the peacys by the temple entrance nearest to Market).

Thanks for looking into the issue. It's pretty *Bad to have your first real death to an NPC that you did nothing to aggro. If you want a time frame, I imagine if you search for Yatana and Me attacking each other on 8/29, you should find relevant log files too, might help with figuring out why they attacked who and such.

Edit* Removed bad language.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SH2 should not hit non-aggro'd npcs besides mobs.   SH2 should not hit non-aggro'd npcs besides mobs. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SH2 should not hit non-aggro'd npcs besides mobs.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Click Me For New Forum  :: Game Chat :: Bugs-
Jump to: