Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No active characters

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sarkan

No active characters Empty
PostSubject: No active characters   No active characters Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 11:22 pm

I keep forgetting to take screenies but sometimes when i'm around monsters the "No activate character" message pops up randomly, not sure if its buggy or not just thought i'd bring this to light. Doesn't always happen but i see it atleast once a day..
Back to top Go down
fdmjaykan

PostSubject: Re: No active characters   No active characters Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 3:50 am

I noticed this with my new found poison if you are not quick and check graves it happens when the grave disappears and you click at same time or the box of grave up and it vanishes if that makes sense. tongue
Back to top Go down
Dakr

PostSubject: Re: No active characters   No active characters Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 6:47 am

I see it happen sometimes when I kill ghosts from the Black Stronghold area.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: No active characters   No active characters Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 2:41 am

This is a bug and is almost certainly a sequencing error in the code.

The code liss the character
Then flags them as unused
Then gives the message that they have died

The last two lines should be reversed.

This and similar sequencing errors occur in hundreds of spots in the game and I fix them as I find them.

The "Not active character" message is also used in many places and finding out the actual one that causes the error is not always simple.

It may be the relationship between killing and seeing hat occur in diffreent pars of the code that is the problem (not sure).
Being apparently random does not help in diagnosing it either.

The bug does not appear to cause any significant damage other than confusion.
Maybe one day I will apply some serious effort to find it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No active characters   No active characters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No active characters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Click Me For New Forum  :: Game Chat :: Bugs-
Jump to: