Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Turning silver into rings.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Walt

Turning silver into rings. Empty
PostSubject: Turning silver into rings.   Turning silver into rings. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 3:55 pm

So I was finally getting sense magic and I got a piece of silver but my inventory was full so I was holding my +9 res dagger as I clicked on the silver to turn it into a ring and poof my dagger is gone.....I am really mad about this because I went through like thirty daggers trying to make a res dagger. I don't know if this is a bug or if this is meant to happen but if it is meant to I am really not impressed. Hope you guys can find a solution to this and I also really hope it isn't gonna take me as long to make a res dagger this time Sad.
Thanks, Walt
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Turning silver into rings.   Turning silver into rings. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 10:19 pm

am stuck in an airport in a remote mining town at the moment so am not able to check this out

have never heard of anyone trying to change silver with a res tit dagger but suppose someone has to be the first

will try to have a look tonight
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Turning silver into rings.   Turning silver into rings. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 3:05 am

If you have anything in your hand (mouse) when you click on a ring or piece of silver then it will dissappear.

If the item carried is something the ring is looking for then it gets transformed.

This is the orginal code from early moa as far as I can tell.

Is this a bug or as designed????
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Turning silver into rings.   Turning silver into rings. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 4:12 am

This brings back uphappy memories of when I lost my +9 res tit dagger in a building accident.

I thought unhappy thoughts as there was and still is no way of recreating SS enhanced items and it has remained lost ever since.

Sad
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Turning silver into rings.   Turning silver into rings. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 5:03 am

I looked at this further.

If the item is a standard item (with a template number) then pressing the ring while carrying an item does nothing.
However, if the item is a unique, i.e. ss enhanced, special armour etc then it no longer has a template and therefore the carried item is destroyed.
I am not sure this was the intention of the original coders.

I have changed this so that converting gold/silver to rings chacks for carried items not carried items with template numbers.

This will be active next time the server is restarted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turning silver into rings.   Turning silver into rings. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Turning silver into rings.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Click Me For New Forum  :: Game Chat :: Bugs-
Jump to: