Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pent Borders

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Iktomi

Iktomi

Pent Borders Empty
PostSubject: Pent Borders   Pent Borders Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 9:45 am

I thought that awhile back there was borders put between the levels in pents so that people couldn't lead large creatures to other areas. Recently there have been a few icies in LtGen pents (not mixed). They're kinda mean when not expecting it.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Pent Borders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pent Borders   Pent Borders Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 4:42 am

There were two kinds of boundaries put in to stop the practice of leading NPCs away from an area so that a player could do the pents faster, without interference.

1. Physical blocks to stop the NPCs crossing a boundary. There are a few of these implemented but it does cause a few issues with clumping on the boundary edge. Hence this solution was not extended beyond the initial problem areas.

2. When the pents are solved the pents check to see if the NPC is more than X away from the home pent that spawned it. If it is then the NPC does and is respawn back at home. This applies to all pents and all NPCs in the pents. I do not recall what X was but would guess about 15 squares. The name of the player who led the NPC to their death is recorded in the logs.
Back to top Go down
Iktomi

Iktomi

Pent Borders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pent Borders   Pent Borders Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 5:24 am

Hmm... that's weird because after a solve I headed back toward Lt. Gen pents and the icie was near the border of Ma Gen and Lt Gen pents. This had been after a solve too.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Pent Borders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pent Borders   Pent Borders Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 6:37 am

15 spaces and then they explode with the message "The %s explodes in a cloud of dust", where %s is the NPC's name.

Without seeing the Icie I can not identify it's source.

Did the Icey auto attack you like a normal garg or wait for you to attack or maybe hit it with SH2 or C2 etc?
Back to top Go down
Iktomi

Iktomi

Pent Borders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pent Borders   Pent Borders Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 3:17 pm

The icie started near the entrance to mixed like I've seen happen before. He agroed on me before he was in distance for my SH2. When I got cursed I recalled. I figured if I solved it would explode so I solved in Brigs and then he was by the first two pents in Lt Gen. I used an ish curse and it landed then I killed it.
Back to top Go down
Dinin

Pent Borders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pent Borders   Pent Borders Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 9:05 pm

hmm.. maybe he was just within range of his pent? ive been chased by an icey from one side of fdms to the other and not had him poof when i solved on the last pent. As for how he got over there he might have followed a grave trail?
Back to top Go down
Odysseus

Odysseus

Pent Borders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pent Borders   Pent Borders Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 12:26 am

Intelligent monsters that disobey their coding, interesting Wink

Although there's probably a perfectly normal explanation....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pent Borders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pent Borders   Pent Borders Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pent Borders
Page 1 of 1