Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Formal Request for source code.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lurker

Formal Request for source code. Empty
PostSubject: Formal Request for source code.   Formal Request for source code. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 9:45 am

I'd like to place a formal request for a copy of the current source code. Since the game is under the GNU license I assume you guys are willing to comply? I am not planning on starting a server or anything, I'd just like to take a look at some of the new stuff.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Formal Request for source code.   Formal Request for source code. Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 7:55 am

hm .....

This is an interesting request and worthy of a bit of research.

I can not see anything on our system about a GNU Licence and if I recall the licence was given to the earlier Aranock team prior to Astonia being released for general use.

As a matter of interest I have also downloaded the Astonia public release software and the LICENCE file in there does not appear to refer to a GNU licence .

There may be a reference on their website but I have not checked that.

This is a copy of part of what is in the LICENCE file on our server in the source code folder.

Quote :

You may not make these files available to a third party.

On that basis I would have thought that I was prohibited under the Licence from giving you a copy.

There may also be a more formal Licence document around that I am not aware of.

However, if you are interested in the Source I would suggest downloading the publicly available version of Astonia. As far as I know it is a fully working version of the original system.
Back to top Go down
lurker

PostSubject: Re: Formal Request for source code.   Formal Request for source code. Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 8:04 am

Ah okay, yeah you guys may have a different license then. The one that you can download from his site has a GNU GPL license file. I assumed you guys had that. I just wanted to take a look at what you guys changed/implemented. Purely from a curiosity standpoint. If your version isn't under GPL you aren't obligated to. Though I'd love to still take a look at it if you are willing. Obviously I'd REDACT the god password portion first. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Formal Request for source code.   Formal Request for source code. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Formal Request for source code.
Page 1 of 1