Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Staff Double logging.

Go down 
+5
Motoko
Odysseus
Dinin
Twinsix
Thrice
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Thrice

Staff Double logging. Empty
PostSubject: Staff Double logging.   Staff Double logging. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 7:43 pm

Ok a little confused but i have been informed by Twinsix that I can repost this without discussing punishment.

So...Should admin be allowed to double log their staff with there clan fighter?

Is 15 minutes an unacceptable amount of time to be double logged.

Twinsix assured me he was temple sitting for the entire time, which i do not doubt and believe to be true. However its the potential for conflict that the player does not know about. We dont know they are temple sitting. For all we know they could be searching so as a precaution it may affect what clan members do.

Appreciate any feedback,

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Twinsix

PostSubject: Re: Staff Double logging.   Staff Double logging. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 7:45 pm

I think we should end all double logging. Period. No transfers or any exceptions. It will make the rules more consistent and easier to enforce.
Back to top Go down
Thrice

PostSubject: Re: Staff Double logging.   Staff Double logging. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 7:52 pm

I disagree, I believe double logging is simply a more productive manner to transfer. Without it people are still going to transfer items its just going to be much more inconvenient.

Its not particular hard for admin to recognize if someone is double logging and there are boundaries/safeguards in place to prevent players from cheating by double log. There however is not a boundary in place to prevent staffers from using their ability to see where other clan members are when transferring.

Back to top Go down
Twinsix

PostSubject: Re: Staff Double logging.   Staff Double logging. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 7:55 pm

It makes it tougher to enforce the rule and find out who's double logging illegally and who's doing it strictly to transfer.  Can you go ahead and name a couple incidences where a staffer has used that ability to kill someone?  Or when has a staffer killed someone on a clan character shortly after being on their staffer alt?  Go ahead and give us a couple examples.  Can you maybe tell me how many clan kills my clan alts, Pepsi and Twix have?  I'm sure you looked since you're quite an observant person.
Back to top Go down
Thrice

PostSubject: Re: Staff Double logging.   Staff Double logging. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 8:02 pm

Your clearly missing the point. It's not about whether you have done it or not, its the potential for it to happen and how it alters how people play.

Today i was camping forest chest to get some steel armor. I saw Twinsix and Pepsi logged on for a period of 15 minutes.

I then left forest because you could have potentially known I was camping there. Anyone else I would have been comfortable that no1 would have found me. Since i was an unspelled major and u a magen my main concern was whether you knew how to find me.

As such i was forced to leave and no longer wait for the chest.
Back to top Go down
Twinsix

PostSubject: Re: Staff Double logging.   Staff Double logging. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 8:05 pm

Both Pepsi and Twinsix are Field Marshals and I would be unable to attack you at major. My point is this has never been abused and you can report specific incidents. Here's a good example with your same logic, because you abuse compulsion, should we take the spell away from everyone? Maybe we should tone the spell down since you have abused it?
Back to top Go down
Thrice

PostSubject: Re: Staff Double logging.   Staff Double logging. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 8:16 pm

That's not my same logic at all lol. Your are clearly having trouble with understanding my argument and that is that there is a potential risk to the player that they may change what they are doing because of the uncertainty of knowing if admin are viewing where they are. It's concerning knowing that admin can double log there staffer, view where you are then leave and carry on with their clan fighter.

It is particularly concerning when that person is online together with their alt for 15 minutes.

That's 15 minutes of potentially honing in on a players position. I say 'potentially' because there's a chance you may well not being doing it, but there's no way for the player to know this. As such they may differ what they are doing.

I was to the impression you were magen so i changed what I was doing. If i was wrong in that sense then It only takes some1 within your grouping to experience the same issue.
Back to top Go down
Thrice

PostSubject: Re: Staff Double logging.   Staff Double logging. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 8:22 pm

There's no need for further argument Twinsix, I understand you are opposed to the idea and i accept that. Just so happens my opinion differs. There's nothing wrong with either of our views.

I just thought I would bring it to the attention of people to see what they thought. I will leave it for other people to voice their opinion rather than get myself into a debate.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Twinsix

PostSubject: Re: Staff Double logging.   Staff Double logging. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 8:27 pm

I don't see how 15 minutes is any different than 1 minute. You can see exactly where a player is either way. There's a lot people can potentially do. You could potentially be sitting stealthed on a speller while your fighter attacks me. That's another reason double logging needs abolished all together.

Why were you under that impression? Can you not see my rank in /who? Do you not understand the ranking system? You can type /who and see all online players ranks and you can type /ranks to see how far that rank is from you. That will give you an idea of who will come after you and who won't. :-)
Back to top Go down
Dinin

PostSubject: Re: Staff Double logging.   Staff Double logging. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 8:47 pm

To the best of my knowledge there has never been a reported instance of a staffer using this to hunt and kill a clannie, and before now there has (to my knowledge since before recently all complaints about staff were handled privately through the gods) not even been an accusation or concern raised. If you have a concern that a staff member is abusing their power in any way in the future please pm ll or ody with a screenshot. If you had handled this differently and merely asked if it was fair for staff members to have clan alts you may have got a different response and a discussion. As it stands, this is viewed as an attack like previous threads. Please read the post concerning using public channels this way. Topic Locked.
Back to top Go down
Odysseus

Odysseus

PostSubject: Re: Staff Double logging.   Staff Double logging. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 11:48 am

{thread opened}
Back to top Go down
Motoko

PostSubject: Re: Staff Double logging.   Staff Double logging. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 1:29 pm

A staff character should not be able to dual log if the other character is in a clan.

This is for obvious reasons and isn't even worth discussing.
Back to top Go down
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Staff Double logging.   Staff Double logging. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 4:04 pm

So we're not allowed to transfer items to our alts?I believe if we can't have it then no1 should (you can apply the same reasons for staff not being allowed dual logging as reasons for a player not being allowed)

What's to stop someone from having 2 alts in 2 clans? or 3 alts in 3 clans etc etc etc. I'm sure I've been offered positions in different clans with other alts, with full knowledge that one of my chars is already in a clan

I also think that dual logging should be abolished completely, if you want to transfer items then ask another player/staff/god and I'm sure they'll more then likely oblige with minimal risk of item theft. If you cant find someone to transfer use /trade or do what was considered the "norm" in MoA and drop your items in a hidden zone and be very quick on the changing of alts...

Thrice wrote:
That's 15 minutes of potentially honing in on a players position.  I say 'potentially' because there's a chance you may well not being doing it, but there's no way for the player to know this. As such they may differ what they are doing.
Is this not 'potentially' 15mins of staffers finding out if someone has been lead to an area they shouldnt be/afk in an experience gaining area/bug abusing/etc. There's no finite way for a staffer to know if he can't see /w etc (like on a clannie alt). There is also have the possibility of dying when some people dual log with 1 alt in pents or a danger zone n staffer in temple to check out things. As I said on the other post, there isn't enough time to secretly and quickly change alts before people can pledge their innocence (as they have changed their own circumstances)
Back to top Go down
Motoko

PostSubject: Re: Staff Double logging.   Staff Double logging. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 4:54 pm

I am against dual logging in general, I don't do it, but I think it's worse for a staffer with a clan alt...
Back to top Go down
amanar

amanar

PostSubject: Re: Staff Double logging.   Staff Double logging. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 5:50 pm

wow as if this happened...
Back to top Go down
bubblecathie

bubblecathie

PostSubject: Re: Staff Double logging.   Staff Double logging. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 6:57 am

i've never double logged before... i usually ask someone sitting in temple or just hide my items somewhere and come back with my alt really quick.
If someone picks your items or something happens, stay calm be polite and explain them nicely.
Of course, if something really goes wrong i guess you could ask the gods.

I know it's a LOT safer doing transfer through double-logging but like i said, i managed to make tons of important transfers (dpots, fire leg, lv.23 ss..and such) without it so far.

I really didnt mind people double-logging until now, i mean that little pvp story behind your question makes me ask myself... rly? maybe we shouldnt allow it at all?
Back to top Go down
Dakr

PostSubject: Re: Staff Double logging.   Staff Double logging. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 8:45 am

bubblecathie wrote:
i've never double logged before... i usually ask someone sitting in temple or just hide my items somewhere and come back with my alt really quick.
If someone picks your items or something happens, stay calm be polite and explain them nicely.
Of course, if something really goes wrong i guess you could ask the gods.

I know it's a LOT safer doing transfer through double-logging but like i said, i managed to make tons of important transfers (dpots, fire leg, lv.23 ss..and such) without it so far.

I really didnt mind people double-logging until now, i mean that little pvp story behind your question makes me ask myself... rly? maybe we shouldnt allow it at all?

This topic is like 6 months old  lol! has no relevance anymore it was a 1 time instance.
Back to top Go down
bubblecathie

bubblecathie

PostSubject: Re: Staff Double logging.   Staff Double logging. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 10:58 am

LOLL *facepalm*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Staff Double logging.   Staff Double logging. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Staff Double logging.
Page 1 of 1