Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Quests - Love them or hate them? -Possible spoilers-

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

New Quests - Love them or hate them? -Possible spoilers- Empty
PostSubject: New Quests - Love them or hate them? -Possible spoilers-   New Quests - Love them or hate them? -Possible spoilers- Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 5:43 am

I will say this... I love the brain teasers and overall design and the reward is awesome IMHO. However, its got some serious issues.

1. Q1 wolf room teleporter... that thing is a NIGHTMARE, you can ask Smasher and many others who have used it over and over and over again. As a noble it should not take me HOURS to move onto the next room when I know exactly where / how I am going and nothing can even come close to killing me.

2. Whats this nonsense about I completed quest one... but if I leave quest 2 I have to go through Q1 again (and that nightmare of a teleporter for hours) just to get back to where I was??

The above two things have completely sucked all the fun out of the quest.

Third... that is not for brig+ sized chars. My Knight Arch-Hara got down to 14% on more than one occasion and Imaginary, a general Arch-Hara, just died in there. To expand upon that note.. I feel it sort of throws the quest for a small loop knowing that the NPCs can use the teleports and often end up in the wrong rooms. I had that happen 2-3 times in Q2.

Also I got the reward for completing Q1 a second time... which actually was nice considering how long I spent trying to get back to Q2, but I assume that wasnt intentional. I say make a teleporter for Q1/2/3/4 in the start room and dont allow progression unless completed in order. Make the teleporters no worse than a 25% chance on the worst case. Make the teleports no walk areas for NPCs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Quests - Love them or hate them? -Possible spoilers-   New Quests - Love them or hate them? -Possible spoilers- Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 5:50 am

I just had a moment of brilliance. Conditional teleportation. Put flowers all over the areas. Depending on what is in your inventory, you teleport to a different area when you use it. Purple flower = area 1, red = 2. Thus you still have to explore every area and know what youre doing to go through..etc and learn it, but then you also arnt spending two hours when you already know the quest to go from room B to C. If you have a red and a purple... its a 50/50 when you teleport.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: New Quests - Love them or hate them? -Possible spoilers-   New Quests - Love them or hate them? -Possible spoilers- Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 6:13 am

You should not be able to repeat a quest - this is a bug and I am going blind trying to find it and I am not able to repeat it.
100% of the time I try it works as designed.
2-3 times I have tried with others and it fails but then works properly.

I have not been able to work out the pattern for the failure, maybe related to workload or premature senility .... bah humbug!

Once all the nobles have tried it, may be time to lower some of the NPC stats. Just need a list of the really tough ones. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Quests - Love them or hate them? -Possible spoilers-   New Quests - Love them or hate them? -Possible spoilers- Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 6:15 am

The ghosts and all the templars for sure. 3 Temps nearly tore me a new ***. Id offer to help with the code, but I think if you cant figure it out that Id be unlikely to stop it haha
Back to top Go down
amanar

amanar

PostSubject: Re: New Quests - Love them or hate them? -Possible spoilers-   New Quests - Love them or hate them? -Possible spoilers- Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 9:44 pm

LL I have done the quests numerous times. to be honest I like it because if I get lucky with traps it doesn't take long and you get 100k exp per solve... easy 400k for 30mins of work or so

i say keep it
Back to top Go down
smasher

smasher

PostSubject: Re: New Quests - Love them or hate them? -Possible spoilers-   New Quests - Love them or hate them? -Possible spoilers- Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 6:47 am

ah see iv completed quest one, but cant get into quest 2,
at current the last few days or so iv spent a good hour getting sent back to the start of quest one
as i am sure a fair few people have noticed, always in the dog room!
on the flip side i did enjoy partaking in the part of the quest i have been able to get through Very Happy
Barbs are tough but then i just harden, havent really had to kill many ghosts but the ones i HAVE killed have been no bother
Back to top Go down
Yatana

PostSubject: Re: New Quests - Love them or hate them? -Possible spoilers-   New Quests - Love them or hate them? -Possible spoilers- Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 9:20 pm

Just saying Laugh and I played a capt hara and a col warrior and did castle quest 1 with ease... maybe if you were a little more cautious things would be a little easier

With that being said my vote is to leave the stats of the npc's alone
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Quests - Love them or hate them? -Possible spoilers-   New Quests - Love them or hate them? -Possible spoilers- Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 2:45 am

Your captain Hara did quest 1 with ease... ? I had a few rooms my Knight AH nearly died... how in the.. must be insanely good stun.
Back to top Go down
Yatana

PostSubject: Re: New Quests - Love them or hate them? -Possible spoilers-   New Quests - Love them or hate them? -Possible spoilers- Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 1:53 pm

actually i had 0 stun at the time, i was just careful and didnt get attacked much
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Quests - Love them or hate them? -Possible spoilers-   New Quests - Love them or hate them? -Possible spoilers- Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Quests - Love them or hate them? -Possible spoilers-
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Click Me For New Forum  :: Game Chat :: Town Square-
Jump to: