Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

High Level Profession Guide

Go down 
+6
Urdadi
ClumsyMonkey
Jasmine
Whelshi
Cody
Lordlava
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lordlava

Lordlava

High Level Profession Guide Empty
PostSubject: High Level Profession Guide   High Level Profession Guide Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 4:28 am

Skill Profession

Requires skill guides to transform raw materials into other items. These are available fro the merchants.

There are 4 types of profession : Harvester, Craftsman, Blacksmith and Alchemist
Harvester collects all the base raw materials
Craftsman converts raw materials into processed materials.
Craftman can also convert processed materials into belts and ..... and many base materials for the blacksmith.
Blacksmith converts processed materials into armour, weapons and ....
Alchemist converts processed materials into potions and scrolls.

More items and guides will be added for the profesisons over time. They are limited only by our imagination and the number of sprites available.

There are three requirements that impact on your ability to convert an item, the profession, the profession skill rank and the profession skill level.
If you do not have the correct profession then the guide will not work.
Each guide has a minimum skill rank that is needed for it to work.
For example, cloth armour has a zero skill rank needed.
Leather armour requires rank 5 so you can not make leather armour till you achieve rank 5.
And so on. Requirement tables will be listed else where (hopefully).
The profession skill level influences the probability of successfuly making an item.

Some guides also can generate skill stat enhancements for the items built.
If this is set then the item will generate random skills similar to what soul stones do.

Each guide has the following attributes
The item to be created.
The profession skill needed to be able to use this guide.
The minumum profession rank to be able to use this guide.
Up to 6 items needed to be able to use this guide.
Random skills generated flag on/off.

The following are currently the parameters that guide the profession skill.
These will be reviewed and if necessary modified as part of the on-going testing process.

Success per rank = 30. You need this many successful builds to be able to advance to the next rank.
Max rank = 120.
Skill per point = 20. Modified skill level / 20 = random skill points to be allocated.

Success is based on Modified skill + Random (200) >= 200.
So the higher the skill level the greater the chance of success.
A modified skill of 1 has a 1 in 200 chance of success.
A modified skill of 200 has 100% chance of success.

The random skills per item is based on the modified skill level / Skill per point .
So a mod skill of 200 = 200/20 = same as a level 10 soulstone with 10 random skill points.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: High Level Profession Guide   High Level Profession Guide Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:26 am

Current profession and skill modifiers

Alchemy Bra Int Int
Craft Bra Int Wil
Blacksmith Bra Int Agi
Harvest Bra Int Wil - this will change to Bra Int Str once I restart the server

Wand Agi Str Str - this will change to Bra Agi Int once I restart the server
Shield Bra Str Agi
Staff Agi Str Str
Back to top Go down
Cody

Cody

PostSubject: Re: High Level Profession Guide   High Level Profession Guide Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:41 am

I bought the cheapest guide for the harvester (Cotton) yet I cannot use it or maybe I'm doing it wrong, care to explain how I use the guide (clicking on it doesn't work, Putting the cotton in my cursor and clicking on the guide doesn't work, Vice-Versa).

EDIT

Turns out I use the guide on the skill and that refines the cotton. But what I don't understand is why the guide disappears after it only refines one piece of material (cotton), this seems like it's going to be expensive just to refine cotton, looks like I'm charging people 10g per cotton.
Back to top Go down
http://Moa-help.webs.com
Cody

Cody

PostSubject: Re: High Level Profession Guide   High Level Profession Guide Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 6:59 pm

Is the Templars harvester meant to max at 60 and increase when they arch or should it be 90 and increase when they arch because currently mine is maxed Sad
Back to top Go down
Whelshi

PostSubject: Re: High Level Profession Guide   High Level Profession Guide Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:01 pm

so when you say server restart does that mean that everyone will go back to pvt?
Back to top Go down
Jasmine

Jasmine

PostSubject: Re: High Level Profession Guide   High Level Profession Guide Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:09 pm

No it means when we reboot the server so that any update can go active in game.
Back to top Go down
https://aranock.rpg-board.net
Whelshi

PostSubject: Re: High Level Profession Guide   High Level Profession Guide Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:47 pm

Thats what I like to hear! thank you.
Back to top Go down
ClumsyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: High Level Profession Guide   High Level Profession Guide Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 11:28 am

HIHI everyone! I believed that most of us had tried the high level profession.

There are somethings which i do not understand.

1. Soft Wood, required by softwood blanks, but i cant seem to find any softwood in harvest area... and i cant find any guide that makes soft wood too. is the guide missed out?
[There are 3 harvest areas - 1. Farm/mines, 2. Lizards, 3. Witches Tower
Some types of wood are harvested in the Lizards area]

2. Shield, people in game says that shields are made by crafty. but what is available to crafty is only the shield blanks. but i m not able to locate any blacksmith guide that makes shield too... is it not in game yet?
[Shield blanks are made by Craftsmen. The shields are made by Blacksmiths. These are overdue to be added but that was delayed as my energies were focused on defending the server against the attacker. My apologies for that. I am currently travelling and will not be able to get back to the building till the weekend. stay tuned and shields will be added soon. note that examples of all the shields, staffs and wands are on display in the Aranock Hall - just so you know that they really do exist Smile]

3. is there anyway to check what level is required by the guides?
[At the moment the answer is no. I agree it is a problem as the there are a huge number of guides and this number will continue to grow over time as we add more items and ther guides. I need to think of a simple and effective way of giving the list in a means that is easy to use and stays uptodate and doesn't swamp the server with huge data downloads. Applies thinking hat Idea .]

(not directly related to the profession issue)
4. new item, wands and staffs... anyone can explain their special features? like... Axe does vicious critical.
[I have goods new and bad news. The good news is that there are three new commands /wand /shield and /staff. The bad news is that they are only available to the testers at the moment. This is also a victim of the hack attack and I will release them over the weekend when I get back home.]
what are their special features?

sorry, lots of questions....

thanks thanks Smile

Last edited by Lordlava on Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited by LL to answers the questions)
Back to top Go down
Urdadi

Urdadi

PostSubject: Re: High Level Profession Guide   High Level Profession Guide Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 5:50 pm

ClumsyMonkey wrote:

sorry, lots of questions....
good ?'s tho. I think craftys can make shields cuz they can buy fancy shield 1, 2 & 3 guides. but who knows what items needed or what rank is needed. my guess harvesters missing soft wood guide? dunno. We need a nice long post listing the guides, their rank requirement & items needed.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: High Level Profession Guide   High Level Profession Guide Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 5:43 am

Your questions are good and fair Monkey.

I have edited your question area above with the answers as best I can.
Back to top Go down
ClumsyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: High Level Profession Guide   High Level Profession Guide Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:10 pm

thz for the reply!! urdadi and lava!

hehe know u been working hard on the server lava. good job!!! go go go!! lol enjoy urself on ur travel.. don think too much!
its a free game for everyone u shld enjoy too!

so its still smiths who make shield... hmmm ok... smiths are gonna be bz.. lol!
Back to top Go down
Cody

Cody

PostSubject: Re: High Level Profession Guide   High Level Profession Guide Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:20 pm

LordLava I think basing the level = to the amount of gold a Guide costs is a somewhat easy thing to do, I personally have realized that each guide increases in value for (I'm assuming here) every 5 levels, so the starting guide (Cheapest) for Harvester is cotton which is the cheapest so it's Rank 0 Required. Then it moves up, the next most expensive guide above Cotton Reel's is Rank 5, Next is Rank 10, etc, etc.

If people are interested I can probably make a little list of each guide and the rank required for the specific profession assuming my assumptions are correct Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cody

Cody

PostSubject: Re: High Level Profession Guide   High Level Profession Guide Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:29 pm

I think purple and red flower respawn times need to be increased, I've used every flower in every town and every area of the game excluding the ones in the new player area and only ranked to r3 in Alchemist. Perhaps make it so Alchemists can pick flowers sooner then everyone else by making it if an alchemist picks a flower it takes like an hour to respawn, etc.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: High Level Profession Guide   High Level Profession Guide Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 7:38 am

Shield Guides are now in game Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ClumsyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: High Level Profession Guide   High Level Profession Guide Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 7:44 am

the guides to harvest soft wood / wood / hard wood ae still missing lava
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: High Level Profession Guide   High Level Profession Guide Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 2:31 am

Soft/Med/Hard wood guides now included.

If you notice any ,ore then let me know.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: High Level Profession Guide   High Level Profession Guide Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 2:40 am

Guides to Harvest raw materials for wands now sold by merchant.
Back to top Go down
telamary

telamary

PostSubject: Re: High Level Profession Guide   High Level Profession Guide Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 9:00 am

are there going to be more things that craftsmen can do? it seems pretty limited to just make blanks and useless belts Sleep . Why can't craftsmen make the belts you can find in damors? Or just rainbow belts cause they have random stats anyway lol bom
Back to top Go down
http://www.stonedgestudio.com
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: High Level Profession Guide   High Level Profession Guide Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:26 am

The profession items added in the last release were just the starter pack to set up the Professions.

More guides and items will be added.

e.g. I have added about have a dozen new flowers and a dozen new potions to the game for the alchemist.

Craftsmen belts will become more useful later on (next major release) plus they may be able to make rings and belts as well (once I add some more sprites) or even versions of the existing belts.

I still need to work out an easy way of getting the trading system to work without being too cumbersome. Still mulling over this one.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: High Level Profession Guide   High Level Profession Guide Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:53 am

Professions have been modified to give reduced experience on low rank items even after you have pass the maximum rank for that item.

Currently set to 20% of the maximum you could have got doing that item previously at the maximum applicable rank for the item.

If this ends up being too high it can be reduced.
Back to top Go down
Cody

Cody

PostSubject: Re: High Level Profession Guide   High Level Profession Guide Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 10:26 pm

I'm wondering if wands (which seem geared towards Harakims) should be set to the same modifiers as Dagger?, assuming you haven't changed the Dagger modifiers in Aranock these would be Braveness, Agility, Intuition. As it is currently an Arch-Harakim / Harakim gains more Mod points in Dagger then in Wand when both of them are maxed as Wand uses Agility, Strength, Strength.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: High Level Profession Guide   High Level Profession Guide Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 3:37 am

Wand is the same as Dagger = Brav, Agi, Int
Back to top Go down
Cody

Cody

PostSubject: Re: High Level Profession Guide   High Level Profession Guide Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 3:41 am

Lol I'm dumb and need to read the text RIGHT beside what I did read, haha. Sorry for wasting your time, back to my project of the day Razz
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: High Level Profession Guide   High Level Profession Guide Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 6:35 am

3 new blacksmith merchants added to make non enhanced items
  • Wand

• Shield

• Staff
Back to top Go down
rmcin329@hotmail.com

PostSubject: Re: High Level Profession Guide   High Level Profession Guide Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 6:30 pm

i wish there was more potions to make, its kind of boring with only 7 guides there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High Level Profession Guide   High Level Profession Guide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

High Level Profession Guide
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next