Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Identical scrolls or not?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Identical scrolls or not? Empty
PostSubject: Identical scrolls or not?   Identical scrolls or not? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 3:53 pm

I was looking at /trade. I added the same item for the same price using the same character, yet it put it under a different post?

I've noticed this with both Ish curse and Ish stun now. If you notice the screenshot I have 13 of the 15 trades. #1/2 are not mine 100% sure of that. I dont sell gheals and I put my gmanas up for 50g.. and Ive put them up several times so I would have noticed if they were 150g by now somehow.

You cannot put a 1/2 charge scroll up. Nor can you put it on trade if its aged at all (touched the ground basically, even if it didnt have any time to rot).

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

It probably doesn't really matter in the big picture, but it does make me wonder why there are more than one of these and if they are actually identical. I just went back and tested. I took them off trade and went to the arena and whipped out a GC, both resulted in 130 power curse on the GC. After IDing them one is power 50 and one is power 150. So they are the same except for a single character, a "1" prefixed on the power. Not sure if this was a typo or what.

What is really confusing me though is why more than one exists in the code or ever could. There is a list of items. Grabbing a chest or a mask..etc. should just be /create itemID for ish curse. The only way for there to be 2 is if there are two items in the the item list. The only time Ive seen duplicates of random items before was on a different server when the database was hijacked. (With exception to things like gmana for quest items..etc).
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Identical scrolls or not? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Identical scrolls or not?   Identical scrolls or not? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 5:16 am

At some stage in the past duplicate ish scrolls and gmanas were created for some unknown reason.
Subsequent builders have used them in chests, probably unaware they were duplicates or which series they were using.
I must confess I also find it a bit of a pain wrt the Trading Post.
As far as the Post is concerned they have different template numbers and hence are different items and can not be stacked.

One day if ever I felt bored I could try and track down all the chest sources and standardise them.
Back to top Go down

Identical scrolls or not?
Page 1 of 1