Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think?

Go down 
+5
Motoko
Johndave
amanar
Dakr
Shadowfax
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadowfax

Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think? Empty
PostSubject: Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think?   Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think? Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 1:36 pm

I figure the three races in the run are
Seyan: Cons: Expensive to raise crap, not that fun til Noble
Warrior: Cons?
Necro: Cons: No utility

Out of the race in my opinion
Hara: No immune
Sorc: Squishy
AT: hours to finish an area alone

This is just brief. I know some of you will love the Sorcs, but I want a "bruiser" that can solo anything melee style.

Thanks,

-ShadowFax- Lt Gen AT

Reshava - Colonel AH
Beckinsail- FDM Sorc
Back to top Go down
Dakr

PostSubject: Re: Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think?   Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think? Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 3:18 pm

Harakims in the view of the game are the most overpowered. You say they are out of the running, but they are the race that can solo pretty much the entire game.
Back to top Go down
amanar

amanar

PostSubject: Re: Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think?   Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think? Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 3:23 pm

It is a proven fact that Sorcs make most exp/hr in pents

They can also solo everything. I can solo prison in under 15mins easy, and tower is a joke for anyone.

tbh there is nothing in this game that requires a party to complete (unless a requirement is to be in a group lol)
Back to top Go down
amanar

amanar

PostSubject: Re: Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think?   Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think? Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 3:25 pm

warriors cons are it takes a lot of effort to properly gear them
Back to top Go down
Shadowfax

PostSubject: Re: Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think?   Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think? Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 3:48 pm

Don't haras pent relatively low Dakr?
Back to top Go down
Dakr

PostSubject: Re: Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think?   Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think? Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 3:56 pm

I know a couple people have pented in UW pents pre-noble on here as hara's. It all depends on the build, if you know what you are doing you could be in UW by Brig-magen.
Back to top Go down
Johndave

PostSubject: Re: Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think?   Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think? Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 1:26 am

My hara pented fdm uw at Ltgen, baron uw by gen, and make a genius amounts of exp/hr.

Avg on my hara in barons is a little over 1mill/hr, have done 2mill/hr but that was a lucky streak of low solves, and strategic movements
Back to top Go down
Shadowfax

PostSubject: Re: Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think?   Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think? Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 2:07 am

Johndave would you mind describing how a hara pents barons without Stealth? Because resis is usless against Strong barons if i remember correctly. TY
Back to top Go down
Johndave

PostSubject: Re: Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think?   Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think? Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 3:21 am

2 words. Very Carefully.

I have the advantage of having made 5+ WL, and 15+ noble AH's in previous clones, before arch skills were introduced, so I learned how to do it when it was actually considered an accomplishment. Because of all my experience with AH's, it seems ridiculously easy to me, but probably would take a bit of practice for an inexperienced AH player to get the cast sequence and learn the sight distances as well as I do.

Short version: 251 res holds off regular baron sea golems, nothing stops strongs, If you're undergeared or don't have 255 mods, First entry into the zone my suggestion is be on slow(common sense) and cast a gc to draw target, and throw down a c2. Check chatbox, if you see a strong aggro to your gc, but didn't hit with c2, throw another one down. This will ensure you hit him before he hits you. Whenever you touch a pent, c2 IMMEDIATELY so you can hit him before he spells up and casts at you.

Long version: See me in game(Cloun, Johndave, Shiftace, Rhoruno, Suomynona) for the full detailed strategies I use in the inevitable situation where you slip up, get surprised by a strong, and all other scenarios.
Back to top Go down
Motoko

PostSubject: Re: Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think?   Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think? Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 4:06 am

This is not worth arguing.

Sorcerer wins, no contest.
Back to top Go down
Shadowfax

PostSubject: Re: Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think?   Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think? Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 4:13 am

In your view, why AH>Sorc?
Back to top Go down
amanar

amanar

PostSubject: Re: Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think?   Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think? Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 6:50 am

i dont even care if I get cursed by strong barons anymore. lol

i gave up around baron
Back to top Go down
darkzord

PostSubject: Re: Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think?   Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think? Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 1:45 pm

In terms of confortable solo, the AH is king while the sorc is the best if you actually have the dexterity for it. You can pent at top speed with both the sorc and AH but the sorc requires a little bit more set up.

For the prison, you can probably speed run it as an AH in about 15-20 min if you know tricks. As a sorc, I would imagine it would be a tad faster due to stealth. AT, Necro, Seyan and Warr can all do it with varying degrees of speed. The prison is stun/compulse heavy though which puts the AT and Necro on the bottom end of the spectrum.

Took me a good hour and a half to do prison alone as an AT but im not maxed where I should be.

ATs really suck in terms of penting solo in high area such as UW baron. Chippi did it all the time but from what I remember he used staff to regen his mana along the way. I don't yet have disposable exp for staff but yeah. It gets faster the higher you are but not a substantial boost. I much rather pent on my seyan than my AT. And when I see my bro's AH... I cry...
Back to top Go down
Urdadi

Urdadi

PostSubject: Re: Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think?   Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think? Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 3:16 am

I still like Seyan as end-game do-anything badass but it's hard to argue against the Sorc, who can pretty much act godly as soon as he gets a cape. Kitted Warrior is sick as well. I feel like the "pure" races are less versatile because they are limited to just pve (AH) or pvp (AT).
Back to top Go down
Motoko

PostSubject: Re: Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think?   Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think? Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 5:27 am

Urdadi wrote:
I still like Seyan as end-game do-anything badass but it's hard to argue against the Sorc, who can pretty much act godly as soon as he gets a cape. Kitted Warrior is sick as well. I feel like the "pure" races are less versatile because they are limited to just pve (AH) or pvp (AT).

Seyan needs gear to be badass, a lot of gear, arguably more than a warrior, and still has awful spells.

Sorc needs nothing.

AT with a speller is unstoppable and can just afk basically any fight.

Warrior with a speller is almost as unstoppable as an AT and has more utility, but is a lot stronger solo than an AT.

AH just sucks in general and has become a lackey class to become necro.

and then you have necro, which just seems awfully boring and doesn't really seem to have a unique role, and IMO was poorly designed. Just another tank that isn't as good as AT, but is good enough basically.

just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

PostSubject: Re: Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think?   Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think? Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 11:23 pm

I will add a point.

In truth any class can solo anything in this game with varying degrees as stated above. A well built anything can easily go above his rank in pents and quests. I was able to ice pent by brig gen given the right set up and could UW barons by late gen/ early fdm.

For prison, any race is effective in a group or can solo it with some slow down on necro or AT. The problem with sorcerors and warriors compared to the AH in term of prison is that they need some SS especially for the warrior.

I would say that the best race overall is sorceror but an AH or well geared Warrior can do a lot. I used to pvp like mad on an AH with nearly no competition. This game has always been made on a stun first win mechanic. Immunity isn't even in the calculation in 1v1.

Overall my tier list would have to be on an overall proefficiency but anyone who knows their gamestyle can shift to the top quite easily.

Sorc
AH/warrior
AT
Seyan/necro
Back to top Go down
Rush

PostSubject: Re: Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think?   Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 3:09 am

With no pots im sure necro solos prison the fastest. For overall utility I like AHs but ive never had a noble Sorc. In pents, Sorcs would get the most exp/hr with haras in second. Sorcs are definitely faster because of stealth/stun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think?   Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 10:11 am

Are necros not a better solo class then a Sorc/AH? I've seen all these relies saying necros arnt on a running, why would a class you work that hard to raise not be that strong? Also, for lab soloing (seeing as my time zone I play no one else is really on) would a hara be better then a merc?
Back to top Go down
amanar

amanar

PostSubject: Re: Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think?   Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 10:32 am

soloing as a hara would be easier than a merc as you can use your GC to take the hits.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think?   Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 4:41 pm

Limitless wrote:
Are necros not a better solo class then a Sorc/AH? I've seen all these relies saying necros arnt on a running, why would a class you work that hard to raise not be that strong? Also, for lab soloing (seeing as my time zone I play no one else is really on) would a hara be better then a merc?

Probably due to the fact that most people still playing have played all or nearly all the other classes. Novelty is a hell of a drug.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think?   Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 5:03 pm

Let me be more specific, seeing as your sarcasm isn't amusing to a new player on this server. Out of all the classes, what class would best suit a player soloing 99% of the time? Sorcerer / Arch Harakim / Necromancer
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

PostSubject: Re: Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think?   Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 5:20 pm

It depends what you want to solo. If you want to solo all the content, Sorc/Hara is the best for you. Haras are a little bit for lazy friendly than sorcerers. Sorcs require constant attention while Haras get Magic shield, ghost companion and dispel which alleviates a lot of ills that Sorcs have earlier on.

Necros are a godly class but because they don't have stun, a lot of tactics are not available to them. You can't perma stun enemies in prison or tower for example which really lowers your time to kill speed.

On the overall a to z experience, I would definitely go with Haras. It is the easiest one to play.
Back to top Go down
Rush

PostSubject: Re: Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think?   Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 6:25 pm

Necros can blind and continue walking lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think?   Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 7:49 pm

Ty for the replies
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think?   Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best soloing race? Prison, Tower etc. What does everyone think?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Click Me For New Forum  :: Game Chat :: Town Square-
Jump to: