Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1 Frame per Hour - Windows 8.1 Problem?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
blueDEVON

blueDEVON

1 Frame per Hour - Windows 8.1 Problem? Empty
PostSubject: 1 Frame per Hour - Windows 8.1 Problem?   1 Frame per Hour - Windows 8.1 Problem? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 10:46 am

I was wondering if there is a way I can play Aranock on my computer without having the XP ISO file / Disc, I've read up on your forums trying to find a way to play. Recently seen the game again and haven't played in years. Any information or tips would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
amanar

amanar

PostSubject: Re: 1 Frame per Hour - Windows 8.1 Problem?   1 Frame per Hour - Windows 8.1 Problem? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 5:51 am

Ok so now that I have windows 8 now I ran into the problem other people were having. I got it to work though and here is how.

1. Download D3D windower english version.
2. Create a shortcut to your aranock version on desktop.
3. Right click the shortcut and go to properties, go to compatability and in there under compatability mode click run it and open the drop down box and select windows xp (service pack 2) click apply.
4. Now open the d3d Windower as admin.
5. Click the + button and then select the aranock shortcut on your desktop.
6. Click that inside the d3d windower box, then click the folder next to the computer button.
7. In here the Height should be made 50 and Width made 50. Click use windowed mode, and then click the browse button next to the dll box.
8. In the browse section find the d3dwindower folder on your desktop, and double click it the only file available for you to select should be d3dhook.dll.
9. Next click window mode and turn direct x8-9 off. Click ok to close this box.
10. Click on the aranock file inside d3d windower and select the little computer to run it. Click play and have fun playing aranock windowed on windows 8.

Should be fine, thats how I just did it 5 minutes ago to get it running  Very Happy

D3DWindower windowing software - English version
Source: File Planet
http://www.fileplanet.com/198137/190000/fileinfo/D3DWindower-English-version/
The site says that File Planet is no longer being updated and is in the process of being archived.
Source: Rapid Library
http://rapidlibrary.com/files/d3dwindower-english-zip_ulfmnqcvvbi89on.html
Back to top Go down
amanar

amanar

PostSubject: Re: 1 Frame per Hour - Windows 8.1 Problem?   1 Frame per Hour - Windows 8.1 Problem? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 5:52 am

Credit of Dakr.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1 Frame per Hour - Windows 8.1 Problem?   1 Frame per Hour - Windows 8.1 Problem? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 6:06 am

I've had success in the past using http://bitpatch.com/ddwrapper.html

YMMV.
Back to top Go down
blueDEVON

blueDEVON

PostSubject: Re: 1 Frame per Hour - Windows 8.1 Problem?   1 Frame per Hour - Windows 8.1 Problem? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 6:48 am

I tried to download D3D but it just keeps opening it as an empty file.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1 Frame per Hour - Windows 8.1 Problem?   1 Frame per Hour - Windows 8.1 Problem? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 4:18 pm

Back to top Go down
amanar

amanar

PostSubject: Re: 1 Frame per Hour - Windows 8.1 Problem?   1 Frame per Hour - Windows 8.1 Problem? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 9:01 pm

blueDEVON wrote:
I tried to download D3D but it just keeps opening it as an empty file.

Did you follow all the steps of the instructions? You need to set your aranock game properties to run win xp.. then run administrator mode d3d.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: 1 Frame per Hour - Windows 8.1 Problem?   1 Frame per Hour - Windows 8.1 Problem? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 3:38 am

Sorry for the very delayed response to this post.

There are a large number of suggestions posted under the technical section of this forum:
https://aranock.rpg-board.net/t2182p30-windows-8-compatibility

The simplest, if it works for you, is under page 3 posted by myself. Note that it worked for me but some others said it did not help.

Quote :
I have also found a fix for Windows 8 that appears to work on my Win 8 PC.
The site says it works on NVidia graphics cards but is not reliable on AMD cards.

Down load some dll files to the Aranock game folder.
I still ran the game in XP compatibility mode.

This appeared to work for me but I can not guarantee it.
Directdraw patch http://steamcommunity.com/app/78000/discussions/0/864977564562612847/]Directdraw patch

There is a separate link for AMD graphics cards but I have not tried it.

If enough people try it and it works then I can also post to the website.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1 Frame per Hour - Windows 8.1 Problem?   1 Frame per Hour - Windows 8.1 Problem? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1 Frame per Hour - Windows 8.1 Problem?
Page 1 of 1