Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lab 6 and champion quest.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lurker

Lab 6 and champion quest. Empty
PostSubject: Lab 6 and champion quest.   Lab 6 and champion quest. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 11:16 am

Champion quest, with restricted option, means we can't pick up items. What about the staff of undead in lab 6. In order to solo Lab 6 you have to drop the staff and pick it back up multiple times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 and champion quest.   Lab 6 and champion quest. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 12:28 pm

You mentioned weapons stronger than the seyan sword (presumably for seyans).

But if you put the portal in the training grounds, seyans will be unable to use it. Seyans teleport directly to the skua temple recall spot upon using the GK portal.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 and champion quest.   Lab 6 and champion quest. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 2:40 am

Both good points.

The Lab 6 staff you can pick it up the 1st time - it is like a flower. However, you can not drop it and pick it up again. Let me investigate further as to whether that makes Lab 6 unplayable solo. It is still playable as part of a team.

The potential Seyan will already be in the quest before going seyan so that should not be an issue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 and champion quest.   Lab 6 and champion quest. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 3:30 am

The potential seyan will already be in the quest? So if I seyan I cannot receive spells? I call folly on this design.

Lab 6 is designed to prevent lag out. A "perfect" lab 6 requires about 30 minutes+. Meaning the staff must be dropped / rotated when solo, thus without the ability to drop items only within lab 6 or only the staff means that lab 6 must either be a duo affair or you must be strong enough to solo the last room without the staff. With an FDM? Undead This is highly unlikely.

If I recall correctly the first 2 of 3? parts of the test were labs 1-5. I do not know about final testing. At the time I thought this was intentional BECAUSE lab 6 required an item to be picked up / dropped consistently.

I litterally question if I had a warlord AH on lab 6 with B2 if I could run from the Final lab 6 door near the 3rd pole back to the staff and then back to the undead before spawn hit. If I question being able to do this with an AH I KNOW its impossible for say, a SGM who may or may not be on gpot solo.

P.S.

Kudos for the flower explanation, I like that =D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 and champion quest.   Lab 6 and champion quest. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 11:58 am

Are warrior and sorc different? Does merc count as the same as either?

If a temp or hara gets to 13 can they then arch and then get counted as a different class and touch the portal?
Back to top Go down
amanar

amanar

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 and champion quest.   Lab 6 and champion quest. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 3:59 pm

If you create a champion merc/hara/temp and seyan him, he will still be champion once you seyan.

You can't champion a seyan that wasn't a champion merc/hara/temp in his previous life.

Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 and champion quest.   Lab 6 and champion quest. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 7:14 am

Temp and Arch Temp are different Kin.
Hara and Arch Hara are different Kin.
Merc, Sorc, Warr are different Kin.
Seyan and Necro are different Kin.

For the current quest you can only start as a new character in the Training Ground so you must start as a Merc/Temp/Hara but can grow into a different Kin later.

If you arch after you have championed then you do not lose your status.
Back to top Go down
lurker

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 and champion quest.   Lab 6 and champion quest. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 10:12 am

So to do seyan, do you have to start a new char, start quest. Get to lab 12, seyan. Then do it all again? Also so sticking to requiring a team to do lab 6?
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 and champion quest.   Lab 6 and champion quest. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 5:34 am

Lab 6 is now fixed.

You have been given dispensation to be able to put down and pick up the Staff.
Back to top Go down
lurker

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 and champion quest.   Lab 6 and champion quest. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 7:50 am

Beautiful. Smile
Back to top Go down
amanar

amanar

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 and champion quest.   Lab 6 and champion quest. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 3:33 pm

Should have left it the same to force people to do lab 6 as a team Razz
Back to top Go down
lurker

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 and champion quest.   Lab 6 and champion quest. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 9:47 am

I wouldn't be against that if we had an active player base.
Back to top Go down
Motoko

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 and champion quest.   Lab 6 and champion quest. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 7:51 pm

lurker wrote:
I wouldn't be against that if we had an active player base.

Agreed.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 and champion quest.   Lab 6 and champion quest. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 10:16 pm

I third it. Motion carried. Lurker, go get the player base.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 and champion quest.   Lab 6 and champion quest. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lab 6 and champion quest.
Page 1 of 1