Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next Champions Quest

Go down 
+2
Asmodeus
darkzord
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lordlava

Lordlava

Next Champions Quest Empty
PostSubject: Next Champions Quest   Next Champions Quest Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 8:02 am

The 1st Champion's Quest is just about complete and it is unlikely anyone else will finish it.
15 starters 4 completed
1 hara
1 temp
1 warrior
1 sorc.

Now is time for some feedback and proposals for the next one.

Options for consideration
- Purple or non purple
- Deaths allowed or not
- Min lab completed
- Min pent touched
- Min castle quest
- Min rank/experience
- Restricted or not (give items, spells, pick up stuff etc)
- One per Kindred or only one champion

Note that exp/stat scrolls or /raise are automatic disqualification.

Any constructive comments are appreciated on the 1st quest and the proposed 2nd quest and maybe even how to improve it in the longer term.
Back to top Go down
lurker

PostSubject: Re: Next Champions Quest   Next Champions Quest Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 10:00 am

I have to say i really enjoyed the champion quest. I think the next one would be fun to do pent and gold requirement instead of lab. Still by kindred I think, there is too much variable between kindreds I feel to be fair to one over another. Also whenever you get to distributing the rewards, Valkyrie wants the sword, and Arbiter the staff. Smile

Also, restricted defintely, and add in being a purple as a requirement. Will make some fun PVP. Maybe make it when you use the portal for this quest it turns your purple.
Back to top Go down
darkzord

PostSubject: Re: Next Champions Quest   Next Champions Quest Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 10:22 am

lurker wrote:
I have to say i really enjoyed the champion quest. I think the next one would be fun to do pent and gold requirement instead of lab. Still by kindred I think, there is too much variable between kindreds I feel to be fair to one over another. Also whenever you get to distributing the rewards, Valkyrie wants the sword, and Arbiter the staff. Smile

Also, restricted defintely, and add in being a purple as a requirement. Will make some fun PVP. Maybe make it when you use the portal for this quest it turns your purple.

Forcing people to go purple is pretty dumb.

I would like a penting one or a first kin to certain rank. Im somewhat sad that there isn't one coming straight after the other Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Champions Quest   Next Champions Quest Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 11:08 am

Purple for sure. Otherwise I'm ambivalent on the rest.
Back to top Go down
lurker

PostSubject: Re: Next Champions Quest   Next Champions Quest Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 11:46 am

Well aren't forcing anyone. Only champions.
Back to top Go down
darkzord

PostSubject: Re: Next Champions Quest   Next Champions Quest Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 1:08 pm

lurker wrote:
Well aren't forcing anyone. Only champions.

Given the % of the general population being purple, forcing people into purple as a champion quest will only restrict participation to those who like being purple. Don't think its a pro choice.
Back to top Go down
lurker

PostSubject: Re: Next Champions Quest   Next Champions Quest Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 1:33 pm

You can always go skua after the quest. Not like we are saying every quest be done that way. Variety is fun.
Back to top Go down
darkzord

PostSubject: Re: Next Champions Quest   Next Champions Quest Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 2:54 pm

lurker wrote:
You can always go skua after the quest. Not like we are saying every quest be done that way. Variety is fun.

Then turn purple? I guess that'll fix it. My issue is simple, purple is pk whereas pvp doesn't necessarily need to be. I think flagging champion questees for pvp is just as good if not better than forcing purple.
Back to top Go down
darkzord

PostSubject: Re: Next Champions Quest   Next Champions Quest Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 2:56 pm

I just hope we get the new quest set by tomorrow Smile

Asmo, Kane and I set up some time aside thinking that we would get a new quest this sunday. Would be a waste!
Back to top Go down
lurker

PostSubject: Re: Next Champions Quest   Next Champions Quest Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 3:15 pm

Well purple makes it a real challenge.

On second thought, clan style pvp would be a decent compromise, but without scroll access.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Champions Quest   Next Champions Quest Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 3:55 pm

Clan anything would be cool I think. Play earned from pent solves as a whole or just one person. Most clan kills (then again, some may cheat so I may rethink that one).

Maybe clan Arena fighting. 2 clans duke it out for titles.
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

PostSubject: Re: Next Champions Quest   Next Champions Quest Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 8:08 pm

darkzord wrote:
I just hope we get the new quest set by tomorrow Smile

Asmo, Kane and I set up some time aside thinking that we would get a new quest this sunday. Would be a waste!

Meh... Its reading week so I don't have classes to give that week... Just papers to correct lol!
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Next Champions Quest   Next Champions Quest Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 9:58 pm

I set up the PvP to be purple style instead of clan style deaths.
I can change this but it would not be able to be set up by today.

So how about:
- Pvp (purple) ON
- Min exp 9,000,000 (Low Brig)
- Min Lab: 0
- Min Castle: 1
- Min gold: 100,000 (only would apply if Restricted flag on)
- Deaths:  No limit (likely to be lots of them)
- Restricted: YES (note that this may cause a problem with Purple Deaths)
- Kindred: Open to all individual Kindred
- Delete items on start: YES (assuming Restricted flag set on)
- Time: Open for 2 months

It may take me a few days to change Pvp from Purple to Clan style if that is the consensus view.
So the quest would open as Purple Kill but change a few days later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Champions Quest   Next Champions Quest Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 10:30 pm

Either make it purple or nothing at all. Clan pvp would be pointless. Oh gee I killed someone and wasted 15 seconds of their time what a joy.
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

PostSubject: Re: Next Champions Quest   Next Champions Quest Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 10:51 pm

Lordlava wrote:
I set up the PvP to be purple style instead of clan style deaths.
I can change this but it would not be able to be set up by today.

So how about:
- Pvp (purple) ON
- Min exp 9,000,000 (Low Brig)
- Min Lab: 0
- Min Castle: 1
- Min gold: 100,000 (only would apply if Restricted flag on)
- Deaths:  No limit (likely to be lots of them)
- Restricted: YES (note that this may cause a problem with Purple Deaths)
- Kindred: Open to all individual Kindred
- Delete items on start: YES (assuming Restricted flag set on)
- Time: Open for 2 months

It may take me a few days to change Pvp from Purple to Clan style if that is the consensus view.
So the quest would open as Purple Kill but change a few days later.

I say dont set the purple flag and set up the quest tomorrow Razz
Back to top Go down
Thrice

PostSubject: Re: Next Champions Quest   Next Champions Quest Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 5:49 am

What prize do champions get?
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Next Champions Quest   Next Champions Quest Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 7:00 am

Champion tag.
Listed on the website as a Champion.
Champion weapon of choice (see /Champion).
Back to top Go down
lurker

PostSubject: Re: Next Champions Quest   Next Champions Quest Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 7:58 am

Shouldn't Arbiter be listed as "Templar Champion". Not ArchTemplar, since I completed the quest while still a templar.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Next Champions Quest   Next Champions Quest Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 8:56 am

Quest 2 is now active - Not that it is not purple this time round.
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

PostSubject: Re: Next Champions Quest   Next Champions Quest Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 1:53 pm

By the way, where is the end portal for the champion quest? I'm not done yet but relatively close.
Back to top Go down
lurker

PostSubject: Re: Next Champions Quest   Next Champions Quest Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 2:07 pm

Portal in back of temple.
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

PostSubject: Re: Next Champions Quest   Next Champions Quest Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 9:55 am

I really think the champion quest needs to be revised a bit. There is no way that most races can do castle quest 1 alone or on their own spells...

On a brig ah, I can barely survive... I can't imagine a templar, warrior or seyan doing the quest at 9 mil exp. I spent over 4 hours trying to do it and I can't even kill fast enough. I double curse, use gc and b2 and still some respawn close to when i clear room.

Maybe its not realistic having a 9mil exp req and castle quest.

Just my opinion
Back to top Go down
lurker

PostSubject: Re: Next Champions Quest   Next Champions Quest Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 9:56 am

Well you can go over 9mil.
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

PostSubject: Re: Next Champions Quest   Next Champions Quest Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 10:41 am

Good point
Back to top Go down
Kane

PostSubject: Re: Next Champions Quest   Next Champions Quest Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 12:42 pm

Question on champion quest, after its over will the restrictions be lifted or is that character handicapped that way forever?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Champions Quest   Next Champions Quest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Champions Quest
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next