Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What words can't we say? (18+ Some 'Foul' language may be used)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cody

Cody

What words can't we say? (18+ Some 'Foul' language may be used) Empty
PostSubject: What words can't we say? (18+ Some 'Foul' language may be used)   What words can't we say? (18+ Some 'Foul' language may be used) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 4:02 pm

I'm getting mixed responses and I don't know which words I cannot say while playing Aranock, I've said "Shit" around Imps / Gods before and no one has brought it up as an issue, but if I say it around X it's an issue, so I'm wondering what is acceptable and what isn't in terms of use of various words?
Back to top Go down
http://Moa-help.webs.com
Jasmine

Jasmine

PostSubject: Re: What words can't we say? (18+ Some 'Foul' language may be used)   What words can't we say? (18+ Some 'Foul' language may be used) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 4:13 pm

We can't tell you what words will get you in to trouble and ones that won't due to our word censuring on the forum or in game.

We like people to be nice and respect one another that means no cursing. Please remeber that we have children as young as 8 playing this game, and I certainly don't want them hearing obnoxious language.

We have our auto mute set so be warned.
Back to top Go down
https://aranock.rpg-board.net
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: What words can't we say? (18+ Some 'Foul' language may be used)   What words can't we say? (18+ Some 'Foul' language may be used) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 1:42 am

Free tip Cody.

That language is not acceptable. You may have gotten away with it at times because someone (other than X) did not notice or did not comment for some reason but in general it is not acceptable.
Back to top Go down
Cody

Cody

PostSubject: Re: What words can't we say? (18+ Some 'Foul' language may be used)   What words can't we say? (18+ Some 'Foul' language may be used) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 1:48 am

I know the words now, someone or something told me every single one, could probably delete the topic if you wanted.
Back to top Go down
flipper

flipper

PostSubject: Re: What words can't we say? (18+ Some 'Foul' language may be used)   What words can't we say? (18+ Some 'Foul' language may be used) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 11:55 am

As a rule of thumb, if foul language is used to where others may hear it, then it is not acceptable. If used in private communication, then if there is an objection, then it must cease.

As far as a list of words, I tried compiling one (actually cut and pasted form another site), the list was so extensive, the size just makes it prohibitive to list.
Basically, we are trying to keep the open forums of communication at or below a PG level (not sure how other countries rate movies but that should be understood by US citizens)
Back to top Go down
Cody

Cody

PostSubject: Re: What words can't we say? (18+ Some 'Foul' language may be used)   What words can't we say? (18+ Some 'Foul' language may be used) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:52 pm

That's what I discussed with Ody a while back, PG-13 has the S, F, R, I, etc words in it numerous times, so if the rule is indeed PG13 should the younger players have to accept the fact that the occasional "Foul Language" is going to be used or should that actually be down graded to a E-8+ Rating. Because the way it seems right now it's more E6+ then PG-13. I'm just using the list of foul language aranock has in it's data as what I can and cannot say currently as that's probably the easiest way to obey the rules (understanding them).

Quote :

A PG-13 motion picture may go beyond the PG rating in theme, violence, nudity, sensuality, language, adult activities or other elements,

that's really what's confusing me, it seems that Aranock is trying to be a PG-13 community but is actually an E6+ Community, the E6+ rating follows the below rules.

Quote :

Titles rated E (Everyone) have content that may be suitable for ages 6 and older. Titles in this category may contain minimal cartoon, fantasy or mild violence and/or infrequent use of mild language.

If we go by the ESRB PG-13 equivalent for Video games Aranock would be considered a Teen Game, which as most people know allows for infrequent use (once every few hours, etc) of Strong Language (Excluding Racism, Sexism, etc)

Quote :

Titles rated T (Teen) have content that may be suitable for ages 13 and older. Titles in this category may contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling, and/or infrequent use of strong language.

But really the issue has been solved, the solution that I'm getting from this topic that because we have people as young as 8 playing Aranock is actually an E6 or E10-12 Rating.

Now if Aranock is using the Canadian / American PG-rating it still allows for some profanity in large gaps between the two, this is why I'm confused, from what I can tell saying "Shit", is something that's within the rules.

Quote :

The more mature themes in some PG-rated motion pictures may call for parental guidance. There may be some profanity and some depictions of violence or brief nudity. But these elements are not deemed so intense as to require that parents be strongly cautioned beyond the suggestion of parental guidance. There is no drug use content in a PG-rated motion picture.

Last edited by Cody on Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jasmine

Jasmine

PostSubject: Re: What words can't we say? (18+ Some 'Foul' language may be used)   What words can't we say? (18+ Some 'Foul' language may be used) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 2:35 pm

If you say that word in my hearing you will be muted.

I suggest you remove it from your vocabulary
Back to top Go down
https://aranock.rpg-board.net
Nagilum

PostSubject: Re: What words can't we say? (18+ Some 'Foul' language may be used)   What words can't we say? (18+ Some 'Foul' language may be used) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 7:59 pm

This discussion about foul language actually reminds me of one of George Carlin's routines about his "seven words." I actually went and found a video of the specific part it reminded me of. Obviously, this video contains foul language, viewer discretion is advised:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmZfYyctiuo#t=1m20s
Back to top Go down
flipper

flipper

PostSubject: Re: What words can't we say? (18+ Some 'Foul' language may be used)   What words can't we say? (18+ Some 'Foul' language may be used) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:39 pm

I remember listening to that when I was a kid and used to say "right on, grownups are so stupid"......
Well, now i am the grown up. WTH happened scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What words can't we say? (18+ Some 'Foul' language may be used)   What words can't we say? (18+ Some 'Foul' language may be used) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What words can't we say? (18+ Some 'Foul' language may be used)
Page 1 of 1