Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Server down?

Go down 
+8
Asmodeus
Lordlava
Motoko
Wind
Martyr
rmcin329@hotmail.com
Mayhem
Lazywarrior
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lazywarrior

Server down? Empty
PostSubject: Server down?   Server down? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 5:33 pm

Just sitting around in aranock tabbed out for a minute or 2 and when i came back I crashed and the server seems to not be up for 10 or so minutes as of now.
Back to top Go down
Motoko

Server down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 6:26 pm

Restarted
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Server down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 5:21 am

If everyone who was online at the time lets me know what they were doing with as much precise info as possible, sometimes this can give a clue.
I am downloading the logs now.
Back to top Go down
Mayhem

Server down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 12:19 pm

I probably just crashed server again.
I think I know what the problem is now. Its when I change my spellset back to my fightset. Then my resistance goes over 255 as a necro on a dpot.
The weird thing is that spelled up with dpot when I got to mixed pents. This time I didn't get the error until I got into UW pents and spelled up my skelly gc. I forgot to change back to fightset. Then I got stunned... wondered why and then when 3 stuns ran out I changed back to fightset and poef error 183. First time I had this was in lizzy temple still on the 2 on the outside start. I wasn't fighting then when I changed into my fightset since I had already killed em.
I hope this info is usefull
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Server down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 6:31 am

Ok if I see you online I want to test this.

It may be coincidental or it may be the cause.

In the same category, General Leo went berserk and flooded the logs which hit their 2Gb limit.
Note sure if this crashed the server or just stopped the logs from being written. Either way they were useless to me as I do not have a program that can read a 2 Gb data file and reading millions of repeated error messages may not help me.
I had to add some debug statements to identify which NPC was the cause.

I have disabled General Leo until I can have time to see why is he throwing a tantrum.

Meanwhile, next time I see you online we can test your hypothesis. Or if any other builder is online who can restart the server if it crashes then you can try it then.

Thanks for feedback.

Footnote: I had a long stern talking to General Leo. He apologised for the problems and he indicated he was sent a long way from home and was feeling lost and lonely. He will try not to do it again.
Back to top Go down
rmcin329@hotmail.com

Server down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 12:21 pm

Server appears to be down at the moment.  I have no idea how long its been down for, but as of right now its 11:20am Pacific time. Upon trying to connect i simply get a error could not establish connection message.
Back to top Go down
Martyr

Server down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 1:59 pm

Restarted

M
Back to top Go down
Lazywarrior

Server down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 11:51 pm

3 of us in automated ML server went down again a few minutes ago
Back to top Go down
Motoko

Server down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 2:29 am

Lazywarrior wrote:
3 of us in automated ML server went down again a few minutes ago

Seems to be up
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Server down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 10:18 pm

Was that when I restarted it?

The bug that caused it was identified by Ayumi and it has been squashed.
Thanks for the accurate reporting.
Back to top Go down
Wind

Server down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 3:49 am

Once again server is down... I'm so sorry! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Motoko

Server down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 5:24 am

Fixed.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Server down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 8:45 am

Cause known.

Fix uncertain at this stage.
Back to top Go down
Wind

Server down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 12:25 am

Server down. That was me. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Server down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 6:26 am

Server back up.

Cause identified and fix added to testserver.
This will go live when I copy stuff from test to production server.
Back to top Go down
Lazywarrior

Server down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 8:23 am

Once again, the server went down.
Back to top Go down
Wind

Server down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 8:24 am

That wasn't me cheers
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Server down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 8:52 am

File size limit exceeded.

Investigating to see what file...
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Server down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 9:19 am

Server wont restart - keeps getting same message.

Midnight back up was taken 30 minutes after the crash so it is no good.
Went back to 6PM backup and same message.
Went back to midday backup and same message.

It does not appear to be a disk space problem but I am clearing space just in case.
Back to top Go down
Wind

Server down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 9:31 am

Wow so that kind of stuff can actually happen Shocked

Do you have work tomorrow? Make sure you have enough rest Sleep
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Server down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 9:33 am

The server is back up.

Hopefully as it was when it crashed.

The file error appears to be the log file > 2Gb.
Not sure what was spamming to it and that is a job for tomorrow as I have to be up for work in 5.5 hours.

Note that there may be some data lost between the last disk save. (apologies)
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

Server down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 11:32 am

Lordlava wrote:
The server is back up.

Not sure what was spamming to it and that is a job for tomorrow as I have to be up for work in 5.5 hours.

Can there be some form of compensation? This was more than an hour of lost exp. I lost over 1.5m exp, 1 godly tit gods set of +5.

Cosruni lost about 1mil exp. It would be really since this time we spent isnt for idleness. It is very vexing to be sure.
Back to top Go down
Supaguard

Server down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 8:04 pm

Asmodeus wrote:
Lordlava wrote:
The server is back up.

Can there be some form of compensation? This was more than an hour of lost exp. I lost over 1.5m exp, 1 godly tit gods set of +5.

Cosruni lost about 1mil exp. It would be really since this time we spent isnt for idleness. It is very vexing to be sure.

Lost like 3m here bounce
Back to top Go down
Limitless

Server down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 8:19 pm

1.1m here (450k being scrolls)

I figure we just needed to take it with a grain of salt and keep chuckin. Just glad the server is back up. Rather that then LL keeping it down till he got off of work.

Unless of course we are getting compensation ... Then Hoorah!
Back to top Go down
Zidane

Server down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 1:36 am

Yep back to 1mil to Brig when i had just ranked to brig before i got off, also spent so so so many hours with legacy doing wand/shield and opening up prospect peak.
Grub was a new player who had just done all the quest and got to about master serg. RIP GRUB
are we going to get all this back?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Server down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server down?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Click Me For New Forum  :: Game Chat :: Bugs-
Jump to: