Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Server offline?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mayhem

Server offline? Empty
PostSubject: Server offline?   Server offline? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 2:00 am

I just got disconnected and got error 183!
Cant login atm
Back to top Go down
Motoko

Server offline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server offline?   Server offline? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 3:59 am

Restarted, seems to be an issue going on.

Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Server offline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server offline?   Server offline? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 5:22 am

If everyone who was online at the time lets me know what they were doing with as much precise info as possible, sometimes this can give a clue.
I am downloading the logs now.

This (today) has been the first live test of a builder being able to restart the server when it crashed. Well done Moto.
Back to top Go down
Mayhem

Server offline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server offline?   Server offline? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 12:14 pm

I probably just crashed server again.
I think I know what the problem is now. Its when I change my spellset back to my fightset. Then my resistance goes over 255 as a necro on a dpot.
The weird thing is that spelled up with dpot when I got to mixed pents. This time I didn't get the error until I got into UW pents and spelled up my skelly gc. I forgot to change back to fightset. Then I got stunned... wondered why and then when 3 stuns ran out I changed back to fightset and poef error 183. First time I had this was in lizzy temple still on the 2 on the outside start. I wasn't fighting then when I changed into my fightset since I had already killed em.
I hope this info is usefull
Back to top Go down
Martyr

Server offline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server offline?   Server offline? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 1:14 pm

Restarted.

M
Back to top Go down
Mayhem

Server offline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server offline?   Server offline? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 1:13 am

Server just went down again. I was in harvest area harvesting lizards. Didn't change gear or anything. Was just making my stacks... Moose was the other one online and he was afk in Temple.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Server offline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server offline?   Server offline? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 4:08 am

Checking
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Server offline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server offline?   Server offline? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 4:12 am

Server restarted.
Last thing on the logs is you taking some lizard skins.
Back to top Go down
jaigur

Server offline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server offline?   Server offline? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 9:57 am

Do you use core dumps to identify what line of code was last executed?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Core_dump

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5115613/core-dump-file-analysis

I forget how to turn on core dumps, but I can find that info for you if you'd like. Personally I am a bit rusty on core dumps myself, since I haven't used them in a long time but I think it would aid in finding the root cause.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Server offline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server offline?   Server offline? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 4:28 pm

Oh my goodness.
I have not analysed core dumps since the days of CICS/Cobol/DL1.
We used to get the printed dumps from the programs that crashed over night delivered to our desks.
each stack was 2-4 inches thick and in hexadecimal format.
It was not alot of fun.

Good tip.
Back to top Go down
jaigur

Server offline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server offline?   Server offline? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 6:15 pm

Haha, that is awesome. I guess I'm lucky, I've never had to go though a printed dump before. Talk about a brain teaser! Now days we learn that Cobal was one of the original languages.. that is about it. I remember someone telling me once they used punch cards to store their program... I couldn't believe it.

I'm pretty sure I didn't have to read any hex in the core dump (luckily). It was all pretty straight forward with line numbers and method names.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Server offline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server offline?   Server offline? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 8:06 pm

Um....
I have boxes of punched cards ar home
And 8" floppy disks
And a 1Mb removable hred disk with 8 layers and about 18" in diameter
Back to top Go down
jaigur

Server offline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server offline?   Server offline? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 11:47 am

Wow, you were there when it was all starting up. I remember 128 MB SD cards coming out when I was younger, i thought it was so much memory!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Server offline? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server offline?   Server offline? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server offline?
Page 1 of 1